main
side
curve

Who is the spy? (Battle Surgeons spoilers)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Raven, Jul 1, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jawajames

jawajames FF Pacific RSA / Chapter Rep San Diego, CA star 6 Staff Member Manager

Apr 26, 2002
    The planet description rules out Den, (Sullust is a volcano planet), as does the chain of command bit. It isn't the base commander, Vaetes, either, as the spy thinks of him in the third person. The only viable suspect introduced thus far is the horse dude, Klo. The kinship with the Nediji is probably that they both belong to the "rare species" club.

just because he is sullustan doesn't mean that he grew up on sullust... he might have been raised elsewhere.. as for the chain of command.. he's part of a chain of command (the media's chain -- to his editors) and who knows.. he might be an 'embedded' reporter... and be part of the military's media command ;)

2. Excellence

Excellence Jedi Knight star 7

Jul 28, 2002
    Katarn grew up on Sulon, Sullust's moon colony. That didn't make him a cheebling mouse head.

3. Empire101

Empire101 Jedi Youngling

Aug 9, 2004
    I don't think that it is Den at all because in the book the spy talks about knowing some of the people at the Rimsoo as friends, close friends, and Den just arrived there. Also I don't think that Den could enjoy nice sunlight because of his eyes. His eyes can't stand bright lights.

4. DVader316

DVader316 Jedi Knight star 7

Feb 18, 2000
    I wonder if the fact that the spy is an agent for both Black Sun and The Confederacy will maybe lead to some kind of revelation as to who he/she might be ?

5. Charlemagne19

Charlemagne19 Chosen One star 8

Jul 30, 2000
    Den might be lying.

6. Empire101

Empire101 Jedi Youngling

Aug 9, 2004
    Possibly, but the spy blew up a transport and Den thought that Filba did it so that rules out Den.

7. jawajames

jawajames FF Pacific RSA / Chapter Rep San Diego, CA star 6 Staff Member Manager

Apr 26, 2002
    Den has multiple personalities, and they don't talk to each other.... the spy blew up the shuttle, but Den didn't know it, and suspected Filba.

8. OBIX1

OBIX1 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 7, 2002
    My guess that it was that minder. (sorry,can't remember his name at the moment) We really don't see enough of him to know exactly what he's doing or anything.I think it's him. :)

9. CeeWulf

CeeWulf Jedi Master star 4

Feb 15, 2002
    Tolk is the spy. She was the only major character in the story we did not see the story through. The only surviving one, anyway.

10. flowerbee

flowerbee Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 29, 2004
    I agree about Tolk, she was kinda just "there" mid-book! I hope it isn't tho, I don't like it when that happens! It had to have been someone actually on the shuttle, if you think about it, how else would they have known that the musician guy had died?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.