main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Who is your favorite character to write, and why?

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Gandalf the Grey, Jan 26, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gandalf the Grey

Gandalf the Grey Jedi Knight star 6

May 14, 2000
    My own personal favorite to write is Palpatine. He?s evil to the core, but he doesn?t have to be written as being a one dimensional evil villain. Most importantly, Palpatine is always the smartest character around. He operates from the shadows, letting his pawns do all the work and take all the blame, but when he has to take the field himself, look out! He?s insidious, and can and will do things that seem honorable and high purposed, but they?re just screens for his true intentions. He plays every side against each other for his own benefit, and always comes out on top.

He's also really easy to parody. :D

2. PeterTutham27

PeterTutham27 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 23, 2001
    Well... I love to write OC's because I can make them do anything, and it'd be in character... Actual established characters are harder to pull off... But I'd probably choose Obi-Wan because he is very versatile, and he never complains, no matter how much you torture him! ;)

3. Qwi_Xux

Qwi_Xux Jedi Master star 4

Oct 5, 2001
    Well, I may be weird, but I love writing Anakin Solo and Tahiri Veila. They're my sweeties. [face_love] I'm also currently writing Luke and Mara in an AU. It's more difficult for me to write, because I have to delve into a lot of emotions and psychological aspects, but I love doing it. Writing about them as teenagers, what they could have been like under different circumstances...I love dealing with Mara's attitude, Luke's naïveté. If you start writing a character, you find out so many aspects to them...it still amazes me how much I learn about the characters, and myself, as I'm writing.

4. MariahJade2

MariahJade2 Former Fan Fiction Archive Editor star 5 VIP

Mar 18, 2001
    Luke. I've always identified with him. A lot of my life circumstances were like his in many ways and I enjoy seeing things through his eyes.

5. Darth_Fruitcake

Darth_Fruitcake Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 18, 2001
    Vader, definitely. The angst of mistakes and wrong decisions are perfect writing material, though often proved difficult.

But I'm up for a challenge ;)

6. BelleBayard

BelleBayard TFN Fan Fiction Archive Editor star 4 VIP

Mar 16, 2000
    Anakin Skywalker to Vader... because of the tortured soul who eventually is redeemed.

Maul, because he was so underdeveloped and had such untouched potential. Yeah, I like villains, too.

Amidala, a strong woman who passed on her legacy to her children, even if they never knew her.

7. Liz Skywalker

Liz Skywalker Ex-Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 13, 2000
    Vader with Palpsy-poo a close second. I love doing Vader-as-father-angst. [face_devil] Luke is third. [face_love]

8. Cheveyo

Cheveyo Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 29, 2001
    I've only just begun writing known characters, so I don't have a broad frame of reference. Usually, I prefer to write original characters--just because it gives the Star Wars Universe a little bit o' me! ;)

I'd have to say I'm having a blast writing the original Rogues (when they were still "Red Group"), inbetween A New Hope and The Empire Strikes Back. Hobbie, Jansen, Wedge, and--of course--Luke. Luke is the most fun to write in this time period because he's still an idealistic teen, thrust into Heroism.

9. Lonewolf89

Lonewolf89 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 26, 2001
    Anakin Solo, becuse he has conflict, and I love characters with conflict!

10. Jane Jinn

Jane Jinn Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 12, 2000
    I like writing about Obi-Wan as an apprentice. Now that I've graduated from the need to write pure Obi-Torture, I find that I am enjoying writing about Obi-Wan's struggle to become more Jedi-like as he grows and matures. My latest story showed him resisting the temptation to extract revenge on somebody who had wronged both him and Qui-Gon, and learning to listen to the Force even when it seemed to be leading him in the opposite direction of where he wanted to go.

11. Owe-me-one Perogi

Owe-me-one Perogi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 2000
    I like to Write Han, just because I like his personality and you can write lots of amusing dialouge using him. I have no other reason than that. :) He's funny C:)

12. Denny

Denny Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 29, 2001
    Interesting question, it would be easier for me to say Obi-Wan, but, honestly, I think it's pretty difficult to write him in the Prequel triology, but easy to write him on it OT.

I think, Luke is my fave here, I've written him once in a long fic that wasn't even about him, but I loved writting him down, because you know Luke. I think it's easier to write any OT characters, because they are finished and developed, about the Prequel T is harder, you just got a glimpse of them.

Luke Skywalker, then.

13. Rokangus

Rokangus Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 18, 2000
    Personally I'm having a lot of fun writing the Jedi Council in my new humor fic, "Council Buddies". True, I've given them my own original personalities but I still have a blast with them.

I also really enjoy doing original characters in general since I have complete freedom in developing them any way I choose. With characters from the movies and books, i feel obligated to remain true to their characters (at least in a serious story anyways. ;)), which I don't have to worry about with original characters.

14. Casper_Knightshade

Casper_Knightshade Force Ghost star 6

Oct 18, 2000
    I enjoy writing my own characters and tops on the list is Nadja Moranna.

As for OT characters, Palpatine hands down. But unlike Lucas I give him a soul.

15. InyriForge

InyriForge Jedi Master star 5

Jan 24, 2002
    I've actually never gotten up the guts to publish anything, but I do write stuff. I enjoy playing around with the characters in Stackpole's X-wing series, but I have to say my favorite character to write is Mara Jade, only because I can relate to her personality really well. I act just like her at times.

16. Lilith Demodae

Lilith Demodae Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 1, 1999
    I prefer to write my own characters. Then I don't have to worry about whether my view on a canon character matches up with that of my readers. Also, there's so much more range and scope in which to work. You can create their background and outlook on life however you want and let that drive the story rather than trying to create a story that would fit a given established character.

17. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    Yoda! He's too funny!

18. Tahiri

Tahiri Jedi Master star 4

Apr 9, 2001
    Anakin and Anakin. Solo and Skywalker. I just love those two, and their personalities are great to work with. I want to try writing som Obi-Wan stuff sometime though, 'cuz he's my favorite after the Anakins.

19. ThatJediGirl

ThatJediGirl Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 11, 2001
    Padme.

She is one of my favorites.

I like to give her a personality. Be it soft hearted and calm or depressed. She is best in that role. It's fun to write that too.

I like writing her when Vader kills her.

That is a blast.

20. ana-PADIWAN-2-3

ana-PADIWAN-2-3 Jedi Youngling

Jan 7, 2002
    Han & Yoda, are tied with me because it comes easy to write their dialogue. their personalities are strong but have funny side to them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.