main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussions Who is your favorite female Sith/Dark Jedi?

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by SateleNovelist11, Mar 19, 2020.

?

Who is your favorite female Sith/Dark Jedi?

1. Darth Traya, Lord of Betrayal

13 vote(s)
    18.3%
  2. Darth Zannah, second Banite Lord

6 vote(s)
    8.5%
  3. Lumiya, Dark Lady of the Sith

13 vote(s)
    18.3%
  4. Asajj Ventress, Dark Jedi acolyte of Darth Tyranus

17 vote(s)
    23.9%
  5. Vergere, teacher of Lumiya and Darth Caedus

2 vote(s)
    2.8%
  6. Darth Maladi, Sith scientist and physician for Darth Krayt

2 vote(s)
    2.8%
  7. Darth Talon, Hand of Darth Krayt

6 vote(s)
    8.5%
  8. Tahiri Veila, apprentice of Darth Caedus

1 vote(s)
    1.4%
  9. Aurra Sing, Dark Jedi

4 vote(s)
    5.6%
  10. Alema Rar, Dark Jedi

1 vote(s)
    1.4%
  11. Vestara Khai, former member of the Lost Tribe of Sith

6 vote(s)
    8.5%
  1. Chancellor Yoda

Chancellor Yoda Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 25, 2014
    Aurra Sing

Not the most powerful female darksider but defiently one of the most interesting especially with Legends materiel like The Hunt for Aurra Sing arc from the Republic comics run.

2. Enough Redshirts

Enough Redshirts Jedi Youngling

Oct 17, 2019
    Kreia is a top candidate for my favourite character in the whole franchise.
    Various reasons for this. That her philosophy of always needing a contrast to truly understand something that very much matches my own. That I say she is outright wrong in her conclusions, a very human thing. Or the fact that for all her being a mysterious figure or old master, she still has petty prejudices, which makes her feel more like a person than a written fiction.

Lana Beniko is up there as well.

3. Lord-Skywalker

Lord-Skywalker Hangman Host/18X Wacky Wed Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner VIP - Game Host

Jul 8, 2002
    Asajj Ventress for me, she was bad ass in Tartakovsky's version as well.
    Would have loved to see her in a live action role.

4. Jedi Knight88

Jedi Knight88 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 4, 2018
    I also would have loved to see ventress in a live action role.

5. SithOverlord101

SithOverlord101 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 1, 2018
    Of the ones listed: Probably Vergere
    Actual Favorite: XoXaan -- got to give some credit to one of the two female Exiles who helped found the original Sith order. Plus she trained Darth Krayt in the ways of the Sith.

Last edited: May 1, 2020
  6. Nhisso

Nhisso Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 30, 2020
    I was glad she spoke up like she did. The Jedi were hardly innocent in what happened that allowed Palpatine and the Empire to institute its 30ish year reign of domination.

7. Fel Corvax

Fel Corvax Jedi Master star 3

May 19, 2020
    Zannah is my all time favorite sith aside from revan

AusStig and SateleNovelist11 like this.
  8. Dannik Jerriko

Dannik Jerriko Jedi Master star 4

Sep 12, 2017
    I selected Darth Talon as I enjoyed the Legacy comic books and I found her to have a very striking aesthetic. I enjoyed the fact that she was something of a Sith zealot and served as an unquestioning enforcer/assassin for Darth Krayt.

I remember reading about a team developing a video game featuring Maul and Talon (despite the century or two separating their births), which was cancelled. I think this would have been messy, but awesome.

9. Fel Corvax

May 19, 2020
    O know she was with the eternal empire, but does vaylin count?

AusStig likes this.
  10. Fel Corvax

May 19, 2020
    Also i thought it was fascinating to see tahiri transform from a sweet, energetic feral little girl into a ruthless sith lady

SateleNovelist11 likes this.
  11. LostintheBardo

LostintheBardo Jedi Youngling

May 28, 2020
  12. SateleNovelist11

SateleNovelist11 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2015
    I'm not really familiar with that storyline. But as I say to be charitable, canon is whatever you want in your own head.

Yeah, I thought Tahiri was intriguing in the LOTF and FOTJ series. Of course, she's been through a lot. The Yuuzhan Vong damaged her in more ways than one.

13. darthhelinith

darthhelinith Force Ghost star 6

Feb 10, 2009
    Asajj Ventress hands down.
    She was one dimensional at first, but when she left Dooku and struck out on her own, she really came into her own as a character.

Before I watched Clone Wars, I would have said Talon, but that's only cause she looks pretty badass, impractical outfit aside.
    I liked Zannah in Jedi vs Sith (when she was known as 'Rain') but haven't read anything else with her in since.

14. SateleNovelist11

Jan 10, 2015
    I initially thought Darth Talon was overly sexualized and I rolled my eyes. But I came to understand that Darth Krayt would have wanted her to look like the way to entice his minions. Plus, she was fanatically loyal to him. There's an argument to be had that Darth Krayt is worse than Palpatine because he wants all of his servants to be mindlessly obedient, whereas Sidious manipulates people against each other with risks remaining toward him.

Darth Traya's philosophy has been analyzed by a variety of people. I love the voice of the English actress who portrayed her.

Grey Jedi 91 believes that Traya is a product of insanity. I wouldn't necessarily say that. I think she is amoral, for she uses the Force as a means to end the Force. She's basically a misotheist. One could argue that her amoral pragmatism conflicts with her idealistic end goal. Plus, her love/admiration for the Exile, Meetra Surik, is interesting.

I believe that Traya, Lumiya, Zannah, Talon, Aurra Sing, Vergere, and Tahiri have all dealt with different kinds of abuse. Some are trying to overcome it, while others are not. Which makes me sad in a way, since I have sympathy for any women, good or bad, who have experienced trauma.

The Banite Sith believed that any individual Sith Lord, regardless of gender, could one day become the Shadow to overthrow the Jedi and the Republic. This contrasts to Darth Malgus, who in some ways was very misogynistic. This is not necessarily true about his perception of Aryn Leneer, since he saw much of himself in her and thought she could be powerful, albeit in his own twisted philosophy.

Of course, if one considers how female Jedi like Nomi Sunrider or Satele Shan would behave as Sith, well, it would be pretty terrifying. Nomi would be more dangerous than Exar Kun was, although I think she would have a few more redeeming qualities in spite of her menace. Satele Shan would probably be able to kill Yoda if she were a dark sider, but as a light sider, I don't think she's quite strong enough. That said, her powers made her an absolute nightmare for most opponents. A woman who could have crushed a male Sith Lord's bones with her hands? Yeah, sounds like some of the women in my novel.

15. Mira Grau

Mira Grau Force Ghost star 5

May 11, 2016
    I will say by this point I actually believe Kreia was right. If we consider how many good people in SW, from Anakin to Jacen go crazy because of visions apparently send by the force, or how even the chosen one prophecy didn´t make anything better but instead just lead to even more wars and the death´s of billions of people I really think the force may be the actual villian of the series.

16. SateleNovelist11

Jan 10, 2015
    Good point. Kreia did say it is a quiet thing to fall. In that regard, her view is similar to Tahiri's. The latter pretty much said, "It doesn't matter when Jacen fell. It matters when he broke."

Jedi Knight88 and Iron_lord like this.
  17. Jedi Knight88

Jedi Knight88 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 4, 2018
    Good point.^

18. SateleNovelist11

Jan 10, 2015
    Thanks. Kreia, or Traya, believed that the Force was like an indifferent God. So, her views are not unalike those who hated the Greek gods in Clash/Wrath of the Titans. Some see the Force as animistic. I likened it to that and to Taoism and pantheism, personally.

There is an argument to made that the conflict between the Jedi and Sith is not unalike the conflict between fundamentalists in two different religions in the real world. That is not to say that either faction is anything like real world monotheistic religions, but you know what I mean. There just aren't a ton of Gray Jedi or Light Sith, and some would argue that that is a problem.

19. Darth Majestic

Darth Majestic Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 18, 2020
    Tahiri Veila... Balanced. Sith/Jedi. She's both, much like Mara Jade. She's been on both sides. Knowledge is power. She will do what she feels she must. Super important player in Yuuzhan Vong invasion

20. THE_PIED_PIPER

THE_PIED_PIPER Chapter Rep Knoxville, TN star 4

Jun 8, 2006
    Ventress, hands down.

21. Sadie Erso

Sadie Erso Jedi Master star 3

Aug 3, 2020
    Lumiya is mine!

SateleNovelist11 and ArindaRise like this.
  22. starbuck_archer

starbuck_archer Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 23, 2019
    Mara Jade. She was not in any way officially a "Sith", but was a "Hand" of Palpatine and was functionally one.

23. Kato Sai

Kato Sai Chosen One star 8

Apr 27, 2014
    Darth Maladi is my favorite.

[​IMG]

“Be careful Maladi, that you do not scheme for scheming's sake. Do not become so enamored of your plotting that you lose sight of your goal.” -DARTH KRAYT

“She was trained in the dark side and became a prominent Sith Lady in Krayt's One Sith Order. Maladi specialized in the ways of inquisition, torture, and mental manipulation, all skills which she implemented in her service as the head of Sith Intelligence and Assassination. She was also a talented scientist who experimented with ways to pervert science to serve the Sith cause.“ (Darth Maladi, Wookieepedia)

SateleNovelist11 and Sadie Erso like this.
  24. SateleNovelist11

Jan 10, 2015
    Darth Maladi is an intriguing character. She's very dispassionate like Darth Tyranus. Those Sith scientists are always interesting, but she may take the cake.

25. adalmentia

adalmentia Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 12, 2020
    Vergere isn't a Sith
    This retcon is just dumb

AusStig and ArindaRise like this.