main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussions Who is your favorite female Sith/Dark Jedi?

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by SateleNovelist11, Mar 19, 2020.

?

Who is your favorite female Sith/Dark Jedi?

1. Darth Traya, Lord of Betrayal

13 vote(s)
    18.3%
  2. Darth Zannah, second Banite Lord

6 vote(s)
    8.5%
  3. Lumiya, Dark Lady of the Sith

13 vote(s)
    18.3%
  4. Asajj Ventress, Dark Jedi acolyte of Darth Tyranus

17 vote(s)
    23.9%
  5. Vergere, teacher of Lumiya and Darth Caedus

2 vote(s)
    2.8%
  6. Darth Maladi, Sith scientist and physician for Darth Krayt

2 vote(s)
    2.8%
  7. Darth Talon, Hand of Darth Krayt

6 vote(s)
    8.5%
  8. Tahiri Veila, apprentice of Darth Caedus

1 vote(s)
    1.4%
  9. Aurra Sing, Dark Jedi

4 vote(s)
    5.6%
  10. Alema Rar, Dark Jedi

1 vote(s)
    1.4%
  11. Vestara Khai, former member of the Lost Tribe of Sith

6 vote(s)
    8.5%
  1. Kato Sai

Kato Sai Chosen One star 8

Apr 27, 2014
    Interesting, we do need more Dark Ladys in the line of Dark Lords, albeit the Ancient Sith Lords considered Krayt a heretic.

2. Darth Invictus

Darth Invictus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 8, 2016
    Talon is noted to have survived with Nihl, Maladi, Wyyrlok IV, and Havoc. (Which makes at least five one sith unaccounted for even at the end of Legacy Volume 2). So there's a good chance she or Maladi might rule in the event Nihl dies.

3. Kato Sai

Kato Sai Chosen One star 8

Apr 27, 2014
    An overlooked Sith Lady is Tavion who summoned The Dark Lord Marko Ragnos’ and was possessed by his spirit briefly!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 17, 2023
  4. Jedi Knight88

Jedi Knight88 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 4, 2018
    Good point she was the main villian in Jedi academy 2

SateleNovelist11 and Kato Sai like this.
  5. SateleNovelist11

SateleNovelist11 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2015
    I'd say Darth Maladi would be a good candidate for Nihl's successor. She's very inventive, crafty, cold, and calculating. Talon is more of a combatant.

ThereseAn'ya1994 likes this.
  6. ThereseAn'ya1994

ThereseAn'ya1994 Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 9, 2023
    I voted for Vergere because what she had to say to Jacen was really thought-provoking.

SateleNovelist11 likes this.
  7. SateleNovelist11

Jan 10, 2015
    Jacen Solo's interactions with Vergere in Traitor made the story riveting. I suppose that's why Traitor is my favorite novel in The New Jedi Order, with only The Unifying Force coming in as a close second.

8. SateleNovelist11

Jan 10, 2015
    I don't think there's any question that Darth Traya or the older Lady Lumia would be formidable foes for most Jedi. Both are very manipulative.

9. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    I do headcanon Vergere as Darth Traya III.

Also that she survived Destiny's Way.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

AusStig and SateleNovelist11 like this.
  10. SateleNovelist11

Jan 10, 2015
    That's what I'm talkin' about.

Sinrebirth likes this.
  11. SateleNovelist11

Jan 10, 2015
    I would compare Darth Traya's fighting style to Darth Tranus in that they are water come to drown you, whereas I would compare Lumiya's to those of Exar Kun and General Grievous. Lumiya, Kun, and Grievous fight like demons.

12. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Ventress and I didn’t even have to check any of the other options. It’s why I am so excited for the Acolyte. Hopefully it gives us some more cool female darksiders

13. ThereseAn'ya1994

Oct 9, 2023
    Same and I'm excited to see Amandla Stenberg and Dafne Keen in the same show.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2024
  14. SateleNovelist11

Jan 10, 2015
    The more I think about it, the more I'm feeling mixed on how they turned Vergere from what was essentially a Dark Jedi with a morally ambiguous ideology to a Sith. While it works for what they had to do with Lumiya and Caedus, it doesn't quite work for Vergere. While she could be ruthless as an amoral pragmatist, I always got the vibe that she valued the lights side and dark side totally equally. For me, she was the only character who truly meant that when she said it.

Regardless, Traitor is still one of the best Star Wars novels of all time, and we can generally agree that Darth Caedus' fall would have been better handled by Karen Traviss than that other writer who oversimplified that story. That was when the late-stage EU was getting a bit too contradictory for my taste. When you have three authors telling one story, and one like Traviss is much better at writing than the average writer and the subpar writer with her, well, yeah. Lumiya wasn't ruined, but Caedus and Vergere could have been handled better by her than the other two. I think those other two writers misrepresented what Matt Stover was going for with Vergere some years prior. Vergere, to me, is comparable to Darth Traya/Kreia in that she's pretty much using the dark side and light side almost equally. I'm not sure why people try to say that they were villains or whatever. I think that a study of existentialism and animism would be beneficial to understanding what those two were going for. Traya hated the Force and wanted to destroy it, whereas Vergere wanted the Force to be bent to the will of the masses against the Force's will. I don't agree with Vergere's methods, but I can see why she came to that conclusion. She's very different than Sidious' apprentices. She studied briefly under Palpatine and understood the true horror of the Dark Lord's megalomania. That's why she saw herself as a gardener. She wanted nature to rule the Force, not the other way around. And old Palpatine wanted to rule everything. When he focused on destruction, he always won (a la the Clone Wars), but when he focused on making himself a dark god over an empire, he could not triumph.

Last edited: Mar 31, 2024
  15. ThereseAn'ya1994

Oct 9, 2023
    Vergere could have been a horrifically successful Sith Lord if she agreed with Palpatine. The way I see it she preferred to be a more subtle Sith. She wanted to be more of a dark side Nomi who'd convert Jacen. Palpatine wanted her to devote herself fully to the dark but she considered that too reckless. Hence her adherence to the Potentium theory. Vergere's failure was not seeing that she was a Sith. She thought she could be neutral and be both when she was only one thing: a darksider. She successfully manipulated Jacen with her talk. Interestingly, she also fooled herself into believing she was less of a Banite Rule of Two than she was. What she did was resurrect the Rule of Two for herself, Lumiya and Caedus. I don't believe that Caedus' apprentice was written well tho. I didn't sit right with me to see somebody crawl for the dead Anakin Solo all day. She was lost but that obsession with Anakin did not seem relevant any longer. Not to mention the affair between Caedus and her..:abuse of power right there. [face_sick]

16. AusStig

AusStig Force Ghost star 5

Feb 3, 2010
    I voted for Zannah as she is under rated and I really like her story in rule of two (the novel), how she plays different people and keeps a step ahead of disaster. Also her powers are cool, I like it when the Sith lean into the evil wizard stuff.