main
side
curve
  1. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

CT Who or what scared you from the CT?

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by Bor Gullet, Apr 17, 2020.

1. Arwen Sith

Arwen Sith Jedi Master star 4

May 30, 2005
    My parents weren't moviegoers when I was growing up, so I saw SW for the first time on VHS in my late teens. I did know much of the story, though, thanks to a friend who had the SW comics and let me borrow them.

Some things startled me when I saw them for the first time as a movie, but I don't remember being frightened.

2. bb8isno1

bb8isno1 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 29, 2020
    I saw ANH, Star Wars as it was then as when I was 4 when it first came out, I was quite scared of the sand people be and the noise they made when I was younger and used to turn away especially when Luke was attacked.

sith_rhino likes this.
  3. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    As a very small kid, Palpatine's force lightning scared me like nothing else outside of Disney movies.

sith_rhino likes this.
  4. Sith Lord 2015

Sith Lord 2015 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 30, 2015
    Really scared? Nothing much actually. If anything, I did find those skeletons in ANH quite disturbing, though the scene didn't really give me nightmares as far as I know. There was just too much fascinating stuff in the movie that kind of made me forget that gruesome image. I was 12 when I first watched it.

5. Jediking97

Jediking97 Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 24, 2018
    I found the Dianoga creepy... well not in the movie but in the video game Dark Forces where you have to navigate through a sewer complex and you drop into this large dark room and all you hear is a gurgling sound and suddenly a Dianoga appears and attacks you. Doesn't help that in SOTE there is a large Dianoga that looks like if one mated with a Sarlacc and a Rathtar.

That moment Luke plummets down Cloud City after the "I am your father" scene and then Luke has nothing to hold onto but that antenna. Also the fact that Bespin is a gas giant and you would fall you probably fall forever or just fall into space?

Not from the CT but the Opee Sea Killer fromifrom The Phantom Menace kind of creepy looking. I guess it's because how dark the planet core is. Just imagine swimming in Naboo's ocean and you come across that thing.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2020
    Sith Lord 2015 and Sarge like this.
  6. Darth Chuck Norris

Darth Chuck Norris Jedi Master star 4

Sep 13, 2014
    Falling into a gas giant, the atmospheric pressure would eventually crush Luke to death. And gas plants do have a solid core, so gravity would pull the crushed Luke to the surface of the core of the planet.

I hated the sewer level on Dark Forces. You had to stand on that platform for a while and kill a bunch of the dianoga just to have a chance to get to the exit. Otherwise, the minute you jumped back in the sludge, one would be right there to attack you.

Jediking97 likes this.
  7. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 25, 2003
    Nothing scared me really. Just a movie.

8. FightoftheForgotten

FightoftheForgotten Jedi Knight star 3

May 19, 2020
    The Jawa's sort of creeped me out, but that's probably because I had just recently been introduced to the PHANTASM movies before seeing Star Wars for the first time and the Jawa's look like the creepy ghoul things from Phantasm.

9. afterlight

afterlight Jedi Master star 3

Nov 4, 2019
    Young @afterlight was once a little afraid that Darth Vader was going to emerge from her bedroom closet.

I wasn't even afraid of becoming a lightsaber fillet. I just didn't want to see him.

Jediking97 and Iron_lord like this.
  10. wobbits

wobbits Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2017
    As a kid Vader was never scary to me, just something I was fascinated by. The Rancor in Jabba's palace was another thing entirely. To a kid seeing how small Luke was when the Rancor picked him up was terrifying!

CampOfSorgan and Jediking97 like this.
  11. Sadie Erso

Sadie Erso Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 3, 2020
    Oh my gosh.
    Vader scared me! I was only seven when I first watched it so... yeah, he scared me a lot. I remember holding my dad's arm, basically killing his blood stream... But now, I laugh when he breathes so loudly.
    Palpatine. *shivers*
    He gave me nightmares after I watched ROTJ... in fact, when I watched TROS I got nightmares from Palpatine that night...

Last edited: Sep 21, 2020
    Jediking97 likes this.
  12. Beautiful_Disaster

Beautiful_Disaster Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 12, 2005
    Luke's cave encounter on Dagobah used to scare me when I was a kid. Especially when Vader's mask blew open and it was Luke staring back at himself.
    Also when the wampa attacks Luke out of nowhere was frightening to me and I covered my eyes every time. I was only 5 at the time though.

Sadie Erso likes this.
  13. Avnar

Avnar Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 20, 2007
    Nothing... But (because I saw it first) the Gorax did from Caravan of Courage! [face_laugh]

Sadie Erso likes this.