main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Who should head of Lucasfilm?

Discussion in 'Lucasfilm Ltd. In-Depth Discussion' started by CISMestizo, Jun 15, 2020.

?

Who should run Lucasfilm?

1. Dave Filoni

2. Jon Favreau

3. Kathleen Kennedy

4. Kevin Feige

5. Other(Please Explain in Comments)

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Helloothere

Helloothere Jedi Youngling

Jul 8, 2020
    I said this on another thread but Disney should have started with standalone films like Marvel. A Film for Rey, Kylo, Finn, Poe and maybe Rose film.

Let the public be introduced to the new characters so see how popular they where, let the new directors build up some audience trust. Then spun the more popular ones into a squeal trilogy with the popular characters taking over the old characters like luke ect

And yeah the jobs to big for the president to handle creative and business decisions. KK seems to be competent enough business wise but I do think she lacks creative ability and has let the franchise get to loose. Franchise head and creative lead should be two different jobs now.

2. Darth Buzz

Darth Buzz Jedi Master star 4

Jun 25, 2018
    Out of the options given, EASILY Kathleen Kennedy. Filoni can be given a senior creative advisor role or something. Lol at anybody saying Kevin Feige or MCU similarities, these franchises are nothing alike.

3. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Neil Breen

Outsourced likes this.
  4. Trev Elyt

Trev Elyt Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 22, 2019
    Kathleen Kennedy. I realize that some fans weren’t pleased with the Sequel Trilogy (and/or Disney Star Wars in general), but I don’t think it’s fair to exclusively blame her. Everyone’s quick to bash on her for what they don’t like, but they rarely give her credit for some of the Star Wars projects that have been made possible because of her (i.e. The Mandalorian, or the decision to pursue a Kenobi standalone series, which was HIGHLY requested among fans). She’s not perfect, but I think she’s done a pretty good job, all things considered. At the end of the day, even though she’s the president of Lucasfilm, they’re owned by Disney, which means they all still have to answer to the House of Mouse. Disney gets the final call on everything and I blame them for the faults of the recent Star Wars films more than anything or anyone else.

I love Dave Filoni — the man’s an absolute genius. But like @Darth Buzz pointed out, I think he would work better in a senior creative adviser role or something like that. I can’t see him heading the entire company, and after seeing how poorly Kathleen Kennedy has been treated by some Star Wars fans, I can’t imagine he — or anyone else who is even remotely aware of how the fandom operates — would want to be in her position. Besides, whether he’s leading Lucasfilm or not, I’m sure people like Filoni still have a tremendous amount of say in what goes on around there.

5. MotivateR5D4

MotivateR5D4 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 20, 2015
    Hands down, Favreau. He is an outsider but not quite, has as much passion for the franchise as anybody, and enough experience behind him overall in the film industry. And then being new to the role as head of a major film studio will make him open to different ideas, let all voices be heard, and make him acutely aware of every move he makes so as to do the best job possible. And having worked under Feige for the MCU, he'll surely bring a lot of that experience with him as well. Plus he doesn't seem entitled to the position, where a lot of people who might be in the running for such a position would be.

We all love Filoni, but I think he is too much in the pockets of too many people already. I wouldn't feel like he's actually taking the reins and taking charge of the franchise. But is acting as more of a figure head who is already established in the company, but doesn't have nearly as much control and decision making power as he might appear to have.

I'm not going to bash KK, there's nothing I would say about her that hasn't already been said. The only thing I'll say is this, people who defend her are very quick to default to placing all the blame on Disney. But the thing is, if the Sequel Trilogy was an overwhelming success in every way, shape, and form, those same people would be the first ones praising KK about what a great job she did, and saying that Disney had little to do with the success other than being the parent company under which LucasFilm operated. So I don't understand why Disney should be blamed for her failures as the head of LucasFilm, when we know full well they would be given little to no credit if she were to have been far more successful than she was.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2020
  6. The Lonely Lizard

The Lonely Lizard Jedi Youngling

Aug 13, 2020
    John Knoll.

Bet you guys never had him in mind.

7. DartJackson

DartJackson Jedi Knight star 1

Aug 26, 2020
    Favreau has his own career and creative path. He is more of an actor than a filmmaker. If he leads a colossus like Lucasfilm, he will become his hostage and he will have to give up acting ambitions, become a manager. But he is not a manager by nature.

Therefore, I will choose Filoni who is a Star Wars veteran and already has experience in managing Lucasfilm Animation.

8. imperial scum

imperial scum Jedi Padawan star 1

Sep 7, 2020
    Kevin Feige

He's a big Star Wars fan and would respect the franchise. And Guardian's of the Galaxy which was nothing more than a cheap rip-off of Star Wars is actually better than current Star Wars. Infinity Wars and Endgame were today's Star Wars and Empire Strikes Back.

Darth Kennedy is evil, Filoni is overrated, Favreau has nothing to show for.
    The worst is Pablo Hidalgo, he betrayed the fanbase and killed the EU.

Clone Boi Crash likes this.
  9. antitoxicgamer

antitoxicgamer Jedi Knight star 2

Sep 9, 2020
    Can we really judge that who will be the best one ?

We don't really know anything about how good any of them can lead a company. Some Star Wars fans vote for Dave Filoni because of this that he was good in making 3D animated series but that doesn't mean he will be a good leader for Lucasfilm.

10. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    Seems we got another Troll in here. Kevin Feige should stay as far away from Star Wars as he can.

CaptainEO and Mokuhanga1 like this.
  11. imperial scum

Sep 7, 2020
    It's inevitable, Kevin Feige is the franchise king. His movie empire has overtaken cinema, among them the highest-grossing films of all time.
    Meanwhile Kathy's Stars Wars franchise falls far below expectations financially. Disney needs the money, especially now with Disneylands closed.

12. Guidman

Guidman Skywalker Saga Mod and Trivia Host star 6 Staff Member Manager

Dec 29, 2016
    Right, he's only the head writer/showrunner of a successful Star Wars series. I don't foresee him being the head of Lucasfilm at all, but to say he has nothing to show for Star Wars isn't true.

13. christophero30

christophero30 Chosen One star 10

May 18, 2017
    He was in Rudy too. And Swingers.

14. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Rich Evans should be the head of Lucasfilm.

imperial scum and Outsourced like this.
  15. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Also KK got us Mando, Rebels all other conetent besides the sequels. She's also George Lucas handpicked women. And i just ignore people when i hear people say Filoni is overatted and dismiss Faveru. Kevin Feige is too busy for Star Wars any way, he busy with Marvel.

16. AEHoward33

AEHoward33 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 11, 2019
    I really enjoyed "The Mandalorian", but I don't think it was flawless or better than anything Lucas had created. I'm sorry, but I don't. I think the series has the potential to get better. but for now, I don't see Favreau as the head of Lucasfilm. Not while he still cannot move past the influence of the Original Trilogy.

17. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    That's why He has Filoni at his side who can help and get influence from both PT and OT and move past them.

18. Outsourced

Outsourced Force Ghost star 5

Apr 10, 2017
    Lol

19. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    George Lucas and Filnoi killed the EU, and that's a good thing. Also Pablo Hidalgo is a great guy and him and Filoni works well together.

Mokuhanga1 likes this.
  20. imperial scum

Sep 7, 2020
    Killing expanded universe material written by award-winning sci-fi authors and replacing it with mediocre stuff was a bad call. The lack of good writing is a major reason for the failure of the Disney films, any new project needs to start with hiring good writers because the brand is damaged and Star Wars products don't sell because of brand recognition alone, they need to be actually good.
    Pablo Hidalgo was great at raging on Twitter. I just dropped his name because Kathleen Kennedy isn't solely responsible for the current state of Star Wars.

Emperor Ferus likes this.
  21. Clone Boi Crash

Clone Boi Crash Jedi Youngling

Mar 22, 2022
    I'd imagine there's some people under KK that caused some of the issues too.

Darth Dnej likes this.
  22. Darth Dnej

Darth Dnej Jedi Master star 4

Apr 27, 2013
    When Kathleen retires, I could see Jon or Kevin taking charge until they eventually retire too. Dave doesn't strike me as business-savvy enough to run Lucasfilm. Constructively speaking, I think Kathleen is mostly business and not too much passion. Dave would be too much passion and not enough business.
    If they have the business acumen, I could see Bryce Dallas Howard or Deborah Chow maybe running Lucasfilm one day. We'll have to wait and see.
    Or perhaps another good choice, Carrie Beck. She's VP of live-action and animation development. She probably has the business side to run the company and seems to have the passion as well.

23. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Michelle Rejwan will be Kathleen Kennedy's successor, have you forgotten about her, she was promoted by KK In 2019, she was appointed as Lucasfilm's Senior Vice President of Live Action Development and Production.[2] She is the future for Star Wars both good and ill. She involved in both tv shows and movies.

MICHELLE REJWAN
    SENIOR VICE PRESIDENT, LIVE ACTION DEVELOPMENT & PRODUCTION
    As Senior Vice President of Live Action Development & Production, Michelle Rejwan oversees all theatrical and direct-to-consumer live-action content and is responsible for identifying and delivering future projects for Lucasfilm. Working closely with Lucasfilm President Kathleen Kennedy, Rejwan shapes and implements the creative strategy for Star Wars and Lucasfilm.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2022
    Lulu Mars likes this.
  24. SWfan2002

SWfan2002 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 28, 2002
    It needs to be someone from the PT days before Disney took over. Someone loyal to George Lucas and his vision.

25. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    There is no one like that.

Darth Dnej likes this.