main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Who should mentor Ben?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by MasterJediMacho, Sep 27, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lonewolf89

Lonewolf89 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 26, 2001
    I don't think Ben should become a Jedi, I think we have enough of them to save the universe. He should do some training, of course, but he needs be mentored by and turn out to be like Han. I mean look at it, none of Han's kids were like him. When Luke dies, Anakin will become the new Jedi Master, and the other two Solo kids have their own paths, but we need some one to take over the role of the rouge pilot. So, Han should be his mentor, the kid doesn't understand the peace and tranquility of the Force and of the Jedi, and he goes out alone on a quest to find his own place in the universe, like Han did.

2. LordCroesus

LordCroesus Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 15, 2001
    Kyle Katarn should :p

His development was different from Luke's and yet he arrived at similar conclusions, so his different viewpoint would provide Ben with an insight Luke and the others lack.

3. stevo

stevo Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 14, 2001
    Jaina

4. Jedi_Xen

Jedi_Xen Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 26, 2001
    It will be one of the Solo twerps. I doubt Leia will ever become a Knight.

Something else someone said Leia has to be a Master first, not true. Obi-Wan wasnt a master when he taught Anakin, and though Im not a big EU fan Ki-Adi Mundi began teaching the Tusken Raider before he was a Jedi Master, Mara Jades not a Jedi Master and shes teaching Jaina. The rank of Jedi Knight is all one has to be to take on an apprentice.

5. JadedofMara

JadedofMara Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 16, 2001
    LET THE KID GROW UP BEOFRE WE START TALKING ABOUT WHO WILL MENTOR HIM AND WHETHER OR NOT HE WILL SAVE THE GALAXY!!!

(sorry)

But anyway, when he does grow up, i would say...if he is alive, Anakin. It would be like bringing things in a full circle. To see Corran and Kyp try to train someone together would be really, really, funny.

Oh and just a correction, mara jade is a master. She became one before VP

6. DarkJediCaius

DarkJediCaius Jedi Master star 1

Apr 28, 2001
    You know what?
    Wouldn't it be funny if Ben couldn't use the force at all? hehe! That would be funny.

7. LoveisSuicideSP

LoveisSuicideSP Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 23, 2001
    Yeah, i don't think Ben should become a jedi. He should become a mercenary.

8. snap-hiss

snap-hiss Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 23, 2001
    Does anyone else think that Mara's illness will effect Ben in an interesting way? Maybe give him the ability to sence the Vong in the force?

!snap

9. Skywalk272

Skywalk272 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 16, 2000
    That is actually a great idea Snapp, lets see if they do it. A new weapon for the next generation. I think Ben will become the new central character in time.

I just hope they don't have a series of kidnapping books like they did with the solo kids.

"Crystal Star" comes to mind . . .
    ummmm I'll be back I think I'm gonna hurl ...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.