main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Who wants to help head a meet up of JCers and FFers @ C4? It's never too early to plan.

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by Earwen_Lightrider, May 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ValedaKor

ValedaKor Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    Anne, that's kinda the impression I've been getting. I think the problem is that there's just not a location that's good for everyone.

I'm still waiting to hear back from the Bonaventure. If nothing's come in by Monday afternoon, they're getting another call.... [face_worried].

2. jedifan77

jedifan77 Jedi Master star 5

Mar 19, 2006
    Thanks for doing that Val!!!

3. D-Ludicrous

D-Ludicrous Jedi Master star 2

Oct 26, 2006
    Somehow it doesn't make sense. I mean everybody is comming to LA for CIV, but then they all splinter off in their little groups. It reminds me of the high school dances I used to attend way, way, way back. :) Wouldn't you want to party with all the SW Fans and not just a select group?

D.L.

4. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    I also think it's sad, especially since I'm a member of both FF and RL, and it isn't nice if one has to choose which party to attend, instead of just going to one party for all fans.

5. D-Ludicrous

Oct 26, 2006
    I guess that the RL doesn't have anything planned as of yet, we could possibly do something with them, then we don't have to split between the two. The 501st are the ones that are getting all exclusive on us, but that's Imperials for you. :) :)

6. NaboosPrincess

NaboosPrincess Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 14, 2001
    There will be a LOT of people coming to this convention. You can't possibly meet 'em all. That's why some groups have their own parties. You've got a better chance of meeting up with people from your group if you set aside a time to hang out together than trying to find each other in a big, crowded party of everyone.

7. rhonderoo

rhonderoo Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 7, 2002
    The C4 party (if they do one) will be the best place to meet a larger group of people. But I think a JC party could encompass 501st, RL too. If we have to, we can certainly just make it a JC party.

8. ValedaKor

Oct 25, 2000
    Finally heard back from the Bonaventure, and it's not looking too good there, either. The banquet space that is adequate (at least 200 persons) can be held for us on a second option, but that's no good for planning purposes.

We may just have to agree to meet up within another function.

9. ardavenport

ardavenport Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 16, 2004
    Is FanForce going to be sponsoring any programming at CIV? From their web page it sounded like CIV was taking proposals. For example, panel discussions for various fora that want to supply panelists, like, meet 'communications' or 'literature' or 'whatever'? That would be one way of meeting some people.

10. ValedaKor

Oct 25, 2000
    Not that I know of. There are going to be fan "club" tables, but I haven't heard who has gotten those yet. I know Miana Kenobi put in her application for a FF table.

11. D-Ludicrous

Oct 26, 2006
    Then why don't we do what has been discussed in the other threads, meet at Disneyland and/or Universal Studios? At least they are open, available and they will have the capacity for us.
    Since our choices of a party in banquet space is growing thin, it is, seemingly, our only available option at this point.

12. NaboosPrincess

NaboosPrincess Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 14, 2001
    The issue with that is it will be much more difficult for everyone to get there. If we have an event downtown, it'll be somewhat close to the convention center (and presumably many people's hotels). I know it might not seem like a huge distance on the map, but Disneyland and Universal Studios are not that close to downtown L.A.

13. Obi Anne

Nov 4, 1998
    Also it wouldn't be a good thing to have the gathering on a convention-free day, and I guess nobody's interested in going to Universal or Disney while C4 is going on.

14. D-Ludicrous

Oct 26, 2006
    But as ValedaKor is making clear to us our choices for downtown is growing thin and if we limited ourselves to just downtown it is going to get more difficult to find a place to hold our party with the amount of people she wanted to have. While downtown maybe the most accessible, convenient spot to have it, space will be the determining factor. Where do you suggest we have this?

Obi-Anne. I thought the plan to go to Disneyland/Univsersal/whatever would be on that Tuesday/Wednesday before CIV. I certainly don't want to go during CIV.

DarthLudicrous

15. rhonderoo

Aug 7, 2002
    I say we pick a nearby bar or resteraunt and just put it out there, and use the Bonaventure back up option. We should definitely do it Wednesday night.

16. ValedaKor

Oct 25, 2000
    Yep, the hotel choices are getting slimmer. I've been working with the "number of persons - 200" factor. (Think there was something like 300 folks at the party at C-III, could have been more, I dunno). Wednesday night is still probably the best option.

17. Obi Anne

Nov 4, 1998
    From the RL board the RL is planning their dinner for Friday.

18. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    The same night as the 501st dinner? Oye, this is gonna get ugly... :oops:

19. skywalker_1982

skywalker_1982 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 25, 2004
    I though the RL and 501st would have a joined party considering some people are members of both.

20. D-Ludicrous

Oct 26, 2006
    From what I'm reading on the RL forums they just want to have their own party, just like the 501st.

21. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    Yeah. Apparantly the 501st decided to change that. [face_frustrated]

22. ardavenport

ardavenport Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 16, 2004
    I can't really find fault with the 501st going for their own party. It sounds like available ballrooms for dinner at the hotels around CIV are scarce and would probably require huge expense to reserve for a larger group.

Is it at all possible for fanforce, or any other fan groups to have some "Meet So-and-So Fan Group" on the CIV program??? All any group would need is:

- a room at the convention center
    - a time slot on the program
    - a few representatives to introduce the group, lead the discussion
    - tables, chairs, whatever

Hopefully, people in the audience would identify themselves by their screen name when the ask questions or comment on things?

23. ValedaKor

Oct 25, 2000
    Well, there are going to be fanforce tables, I assume in a special area. Our RSA is one of those working on getting a table.

24. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    We'll know in a few days for sure if we got them, but both Fan Force general and Pacific Region Fan Force are trying to get tables. There's apparantly going to be a separate area for all the fan tables.

25. rhonderoo

Aug 7, 2002
    Well, I get in later Wednesday. If nothing else, I'm willing to set something up for JCCers and TFN folks somewhere if we don't get anything planned firmly. Maybe a resteraunt or something.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.