main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Who was the person you most wanted to meet at C III?

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by Siths_Revenge, Jun 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Siths_Revenge

Siths_Revenge Jedi Youngling star 7

Jul 27, 2004
    And did you meet him or her?

Mine was George Lucas. I didn't get to meet him face to face, but I did attend
    one of his panels. It was so worth standing in the freezing rain to see
    someone who has provided me with so much entertainment over the years.

I did get to meet Tem Morrison face to face, and had a great chat with him.
    It was so exciting meeting the actor who was the template for the Clones in
    AOTC and ROTS. We had a pretty great. 5 minute chat.

2. Darth_Glymmer

Darth_Glymmer Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 18, 2002
    Probably other online friends. It was great to put faces with icons.

3. Jedi9181

Jedi9181 Jedi Master star 1

May 2, 2005
    There aren't to many fans from here so it was 1st other fans and 2nd was Ray Park and Amy Allen, but :( sadly I was unable to do so. Oh well there is always C4, Right?

4. YodaJeff

YodaJeff Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 18, 2001
    I agree with Glymmer, who happened to be one of the first couple online people I met up with at C3.

5. CarolynNC

CarolynNC Jedi Master star 3

Mar 29, 2002
    I ended up working so much I met very few of the people I hoped to meet. I didn't get to Jillians even though I wanted to meet most of you. I so enjoyed reading the posts leading up to C3. I'm sitting here having a little toddy waxing nostalgic. I've started my special savings account just in case. I had funds left over from C3 so I've gotten a good start. Next time we should have our own celebration at celebration.

6. Bruno_Fett

Bruno_Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 31, 2002
    HOW did you get out of there with any money in your pockets? I had a nice wad in my wallett, but it was all those ATM receipts!

7. eddie-wan-kenobi

eddie-wan-kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 14, 2003
    I hate the guys in my group didnt meet you, Carolyn. Hell, we may have and simply not known it was you. Also, I met KOB, but didnt get the chance to party with him. If theres a C4, and by the power of the Force I am somehow able to make it, I would like to do that.

8. Bruno_Fett

Bruno_Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 31, 2002
    I met KOB, but didnt get the chance to party with him.

My guess is that somehow he still managed to party with you though!!

9. Alanikan

Alanikan Jedi Youngling star 1

May 5, 2005
    I met all the actors/actresses that I had wanted to through the course of C2 and C3. I attended two of Lucas' forums, but did not meet the Jedi Master himself.

10. jawajames

jawajames Former RSA // stawars.com contributor star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP

Apr 26, 2002
    i got to chat with Karen Traviss, the author of the Republic Commando novel. meeting her was a treat because she frequents the Lit boards here, and probably won't be coming to too many US conventions, seeing as she's in the UK.

11. hofie

hofie Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 12, 2002
    Shatner, but the dude never shows up to these things. ;)

12. DarthLuco990

DarthLuco990 Jedi Youngling

Jun 6, 2005
    i wanted to meet the dude who played the voice of GG=general grievous i didn't see him any where so i just kept looking and never found him[face_devil] [face_pumpkin]

13. eddie-wan-kenobi

eddie-wan-kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 14, 2003
    He(Matthew Wood) was in the autograph hall.

14. Siths_Revenge

Siths_Revenge Jedi Youngling star 7

Jul 27, 2004
    Matthew Wood also did some great panels where he did the voice of Grevious live!

15. kampilan

kampilan Jedi Padawan star 4

May 18, 2002
    Jan Duursema(Dark Horse Comics/LFL artist)-,of course! The Art Showroom was the first place I headed to. Its always great seeing her ever since I got to meet her at ComicCon 2002 along with Amy Allen. Got to see artist Joe Corroney and World Famous Comics' Justin.

Amy Allen- I've been a fan of Aayla Secura since SW#19 and its always cool to meet the people who portrays your favorite characters, right? I waited until Sunday to finally go to the Autograph Hall.

SW/LFL artists- it was very cool to see them mingle with the fans. I didn't get to introduce myself to many of them but was glad to have bought some of thier outstanding art prints or sketchbooks.

fellow TFN JCrs- although I only know very few here. It was cool to see and meet a lot of fellow JCrs there. Had a blast hanging out with my fellow Aayla fan, GodOfDeath!

All the folks who dressed as Clone Troopers- some I recognized on another website forum. It was great to finally meet most of them.

Fellow Las Vegans- yeah, got to bump into some: 2 members from the local 501st Neon City Garrison

EDIT: I regret not meeting Karen Traviss. As a clone trooper fan I'm a total putz for forgetting she was at CIII! At least I got to see Bodie Taylor and Temuera Morrison...

16. Darth-Hulk

Darth-Hulk Jedi Padawan star 4

May 2, 2003
    I most wanted to meet George Lucas but I didn't. :_|

But I did meet Rick McCallum and we had a chat for a few minutes! That was awesome and one of the highlights of C3 for me! Nerd moment!!!:-B

I met Jeremy Bulloch and David Prowse while getting their autographs, too. I must say that was great as well. 2 of the nicest gentlemen you could possibly meet.

I do wish I could have talked more with other fans like myself, but with everything to see and little time to see it I was running around like a chicken without a head! [face_chicken]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.