main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Who would you miss the Lucas presentation for?

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by hofie, Apr 6, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hofie

hofie Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 12, 2002
    Seb, if this isn't a cool topic, feel free to lock.

Say that there was only one GL show at C3. You'd of course not want to miss it...

... or would you?

What if Harrison Ford decided to come and have a presentation at the same time? Or Ewan and Hayden have a special presentation with Nick Gillard where they recreate the duel?

What if they decided to bring a special 3D digital version of ROTS to show at the same time?

What if the dealers room decided to give away free 12-back figures?

What if Amy Allen said she'd go out on a date with you?

What if John Williams and the LSO show up and take requests?

What would you miss the GL presentation for?

2. Salty

Salty Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 24, 1998
    I wouldn't miss it for anybody.

3. Jedi_Samantha

Jedi_Samantha Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 15, 2002
    I wouldnt miss GL or Hayden or Ewan for anything.

Not even to go potty.

4. Sebulba-X

Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA• star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2000
    What would I miss the GL presentation for? I'd do the following happily with zero regret:

Iain McCaig recreating his Sebulba concept sketches for me on a piece of yellow notebook paper.

Lewis MacLeod (who isn't going to be at C3) recording my home & cell phone voice messages in character.

My son needing to go to the bathroom. (lol..moot point as it's why I'm sending my family to Florida)

Bailing a friend out of jail.

5. Salty

Salty Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 24, 1998
    Now that I think about it, I would miss Lucas to see a panel with Ian McDiarmid.

6. brokenyolk

brokenyolk Jedi Youngling star 2

May 10, 2002
    Well, if I could go on a date with Amy Allen to see ROTS in 3D while John Williams was playing the accompanyment live in the theater and I was sitting next to Harrison Ford who just happened to offer me a complete set of AFA 95 12-backs...

I think I'd have to take that. :D

Otherwise - I'll be attending the GL presentation.

7. spooky-kid

spooky-kid Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 17, 2003
    I might would miss it for some one on one time with Michonne.

I'm sorry but, I think she is a little hotter than Amy.

But in reality, I probably want miss the GL presentation.

8. keithabbott

keithabbott Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 7, 1998
    For me, I'd miss George for anything really. I just don't want to spend 1/3rd of my entire vacation (leaving early Sunday) standing in that one line that you know is an all day waiting fest.

I'd just assume visit the droid room, see the SW Musical and buy some artwork from the art room. At least I would feel like I got to do something other than wait in a line.

Ya know what I mean? When you spend about $1k to go on vacation you want to get your money's worth. Seeing George just isn't worth giving up an entire day for me.

Now if they can manage to get him into the Dome...I'm there. But as it stands now...a 3500 max person's theater is not going to handle the demand. Some people are really going to get upset waiting all day to find out they can't see him. Now if he does multiple presentations..that's another matter.

Keith

9. PrincessLeah

PrincessLeah Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 1, 2005
    I would miss it if Britney Spears said she would make out with me. :)

10. keithabbott

keithabbott Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 7, 1998
    PrincessLeah, I'd actually pay to see that plus miss Lucas! :)

Oops..forgot this is a public forum. hah.
    Keith

11. KOB

KOB Jedi Youngling star 4

Aug 22, 2004
    For me, I'd miss George for anything really. I just don't want to spend 1/3rd of my entire vacation (leaving early Sunday) standing in that one line that you know is an all day waiting fest.

At least I'm not alone in my thinking. I've seen SO many interviews with George, I can't see him really saying anything THAT different....

12. Darth_Glymmer

Darth_Glymmer Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 18, 2002
    If Ewan were there, I think I would miss it for an autograph and picture with him. And money. If someone paid me a lot of money, I might consider it.

I just really have no idea how they are going to avoid a stampede and riot with this thing.

13. k3po

k3po Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 21, 2001
    Nope, I would not want to miss out seeing him for the first time and maybe the last time for me. That has just jumped to the top of my list of Must see's. I figure, he will do atleast 2 presentaions. I'm hoping Friday and Sat. We are there for 4 days, i just need to make one. I need Thursday to get the merchandise and other things out of the way.

14. brokenyolk

brokenyolk Jedi Youngling star 2

May 10, 2002
    If they were charging $10 per ticket for the GL presentation, and used the money to rent the dome for the afternoon, would you go?

Just a thought - maybe they should consider something like this. I imagine there are at least 10000 people that want to attend. Maybe more like 25000+

That's $250,000!!! (maybe $5 a ticket...)

15. eddie-wan-kenobi

eddie-wan-kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 14, 2003
    I would definetly miss George for a date w/Amy Allen. :D

16. Mara_Jade_Fan

Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 1, 2002
    I might miss it to see Harrison as I've never seen him in person before. I did see George two years ago at an ILM event in Hollywood at the Egyptian theatre, and I got within 6 feet of him.

This is the pic I took:

[image=http://images2.fotki.com/v21/filer1fM/ed318/4/42811/156622/Lucas8.jpg]

And since I have two other chances to see George this year, at the Ranch and at Comic Con, I "might" pass it up to see Harrison.

17. Jedi_Samantha

Jedi_Samantha Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 15, 2002
    If Ewan were there, I think I would miss it for an autograph and picture with him. And money

Hmm maybe id miss it for that.

and Hayden. If Hayden and GL has a presentation at the same time... Id go see Hayden.

18. Darth_Ignant

Darth_Ignant Jedi Grand Master star 7

Oct 24, 2001
    You are insane.

19. Pooja

Pooja Jedi Knight star 6

May 25, 2002
    I would miss it for... about negative zero people.

20. karloff3

karloff3 Jedi Youngling

Feb 23, 2005
    Gee, I hadn't heard anything about George showing up at Comic-Con this year... Do you know something we don't?

21. NaboosPrincess

NaboosPrincess Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 14, 2001
    I have seen GL before too, so I can't really say his event will be at the top of my list for the convention. I would rather see many people...Harrison Ford, Natalie Portman (though that will never happen), Hayden, or others.

22. Iwakura

Iwakura Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2001
    just heard the news of gl being there. i am definitely surprised. my friend that's going w/ me asked me if i thought he would be there and immediately i said "no way, he doesn't like sw fans..he's not going into the lion's den." so, wow, glad to be wrong.

and i would only miss GL for a panel w/ mark hamill.

23. MrSkinnee

MrSkinnee Jedi Master star 3

Mar 25, 2002
    Honestly, I'd have to agree with what someone said earlier in that the line is going to be absolutely insane. You thought the wait for Carrie Fisher's autograph at C2 was bad? This will be madness! I'm not sure if I want to deal with all the rabid fans that will wet themselves just at the thought of being in the same room as Lucas. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to hear what the man has to say, but to deal with the mentality of the REAL die-hard fans, I don't know if I care that much. Waiting all day for a seminar that might only be an hour long seems like a real waste of my time when I could be doing about 100 other things that I'm going to try and cram in there that weekend.

Of course I say this now. I'm sure I'll be waiting in line when I get there also.

24. echo-3

echo-3 Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    If Amy Allen told me I was guaranteed a home run. I'd messed him.

25. Arsinoe

Arsinoe Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 24, 1999
    I'm a C3 costumed volunteer....GL's time slot is going to be a freaking nightmare for us.

bleh

On the otherhand, more folks in that line means less folks in the autograph line-ups, the dealers room...etc.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.