main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Who'll be checking the boards while at C3?

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by Rebel_Spook, Oct 26, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rebel_Spook

Rebel_Spook Jedi Master star 4

May 14, 2002
    I know that with all the craziness that C3 will be that it might be hard to find the time to, but I will have broadband access in my hotel and I plan to use the boards to see how everyone is enjoying things, to use it as a way to communicate with other board members for meeting up, and such.

Anyone else here going to do the same?

2. Enji

Enji Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 14, 2002
    I don't know if I'll have any Internet access while at C3, and I doubt I will have time for it anyway... ;)

3. Rogue_Thunder

Rogue_Thunder FanForce CR, Edmonton, Alberta, Canada star 6

Jan 7, 2003
    Yeah, if you're going to C3 then you won't have time to use the internet. ;)

4. DarthShona

DarthShona Jedi Master star 5

Jul 29, 2003
    If I had access to a comp from my hotel, I'd check the boards occasionally but like the previous post says, nobody will have much time (if any at all!)

5. Rebel_Spook

Rebel_Spook Jedi Master star 4

May 14, 2002
    Oh, so I guess bringing Battlefront along to play with others are C3 would probably be futile...? :p

One of the things I looked into was whether my hotel would have internet and since I always take my laptop with me when I go on trips...

6. YodaJeff

YodaJeff Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 18, 2001
    I'd have little reason to go online. Most of the people I usually talk to will be there. And I don't plan on having a lot of free time where I'd just be sitting around.

7. Amidala Starkiller

Amidala Starkiller Jedi Master star 6

Dec 11, 1999
    I will be checking thought the weekend. 5 whole days without the internet is too long. ;)

8. liannb

liannb Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 30, 2002
    probably won't bother seeing as everyone in our fanforce will be there so I won't need to talk to them on the boards :p

9. JediPrincessKas

JediPrincessKas Jedi Master star 5

Aug 9, 2002
    Yeah, even though our hotel room as internet access, I'm not going to be checking the boards. :p Plus, all of my JC friends will be there so I will just see them there.

10. NaboosPrincess

NaboosPrincess Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 14, 2001
    I think I'll be taking a short vacation from this place, but my room does have 'net access so you never know.

11. OBIX1

OBIX1 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 7, 2002
    Nope. There are so many things to do at a Celebration,that there won't be any time to check the net. :)

12. Connemara

Connemara Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 18, 2000
    I think I would rather use phones to make plans to hook up with other JCers. :p

I don't have a laptop anyway, so it's a moot point unless I wanted to find an itnernet cafe anyway.

13. Sebulba-X

Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA• star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2000
    I'll most likely drop in before going to bed...mostly to brag about how much fun I'm having.

14. gaiatha

gaiatha Jedi Knight star 5

May 25, 2002
    We have to find a way to check the boards!
    I have to make all the people from my FanForce (who don't want to go) envy us [face_devil] :D

15. Enji

Enji Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 14, 2002
    Hmm, that's a good point, Jule... [face_devil]

16. lomion

lomion Jedi Youngling star 3

May 22, 2004
    I will be. <3 laptops.

I'll probably end up letting the main person I am meeting up with checking stuff too since she lacks a laptop. I guess that makes me an enabler ;)

17. Shinar

Shinar Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 30, 2002
    I love my laptop and wireless internet!

I'll be getting online at least once a day to check in with my husband, I don't want him worrying about me [face_devil] [face_love] I might swing by the boards once or twice while I'm at it.

18. Jedi_Kai

Jedi_Kai Jedi Padawan star 4

May 27, 2001
    While my hotel seems to have high speed access, it doesn't say whether it's free (had FREE access the Omni during San Diego Comic Con, which was great).

If it's not free, I'll not be paying $10 per day for what might amount to an hour or less of use.

If it's free, I might spend a brief period, mostly to upload photos so the friends back home can see what they're missing.

19. JediTrilobite

JediTrilobite Jedi Grand Master star 7

Nov 17, 1999
    I'd like to, but I'm going to be busy. I'd like to be able to update my blog while I'm there too.

20. Dal--Intrepid

Dal--Intrepid Jedi Master star 5

Mar 13, 2002
    I'll likely have my laptop so I can at least empty my card in my digital camera each night. I may get on line depending on what access costs.

21. droideka27

droideka27 Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 28, 2002
    Not me!!!

22. BobaFett-MP

BobaFett-MP Jedi Master star 4

May 13, 2001
    I may. I'll probably have net hooked up in the hotel room.

23. gandalfbmg

gandalfbmg Jedi Master star 2

May 16, 2002
    Getting a new laptop tonight to take along... anyone know if the Embassy Suites has internet access available in-room???

I plan to dump the days pictures onto the laptop each night, and maybe blog my days' activities and pictures...

Does anyone know if they'll let computers into the convention center? Is it a hotspot? I'm getting one that's wireless and one of those nifty packpack carriers, so I could even lug it along with me to the convention center, if it's allowed..

24. ZOOfo-Dyas

ZOOfo-Dyas Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    I'll have the laptop, but mostly to download pix at night... :p Though I will have to check in w/ work while I'm out, so I may sneak over to the boards while doing that ;) [face_devil]

25. GsWookie

GsWookie Jedi Master star 1

Feb 4, 2005
    hey gandalf! What's all this "I" business? I thought WE were getting a laptop and WE were going to upload pictures? I'm probably never even going to get to touch the computer!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.