main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Who's Better with a Saber?

Discussion in 'Archive: Midlands and Wales' started by 4nak1n1138, Aug 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 4nak1n1138

4nak1n1138 Jedi Youngling

Aug 9, 2007
    First topic for me then, haven't seen this one one the Midlands boards, although please correct me if I'm wrong.

Who do you guys think was best when it came down to life and death battles?

I'm sure that TPM is probably a sore point with many of us (meesa sorreee), but I felt that after Qui-Gon bit the saber so to speak, that whole battle really kicked off, great choreography and fast too, under pressure Obi-Wan McGregor turned out some great moves.

You must say what you feel is right, of course.

MTFBWY

2. rebeljediknight_88

rebeljediknight_88 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 15, 2005
    ok i might be 18 but even I dont know what MTFBWY means....lol

i not sure but i recon anakin is pretty good with the saber - ok he might be hot headed but he CAN lightsaber fight!! its not easy fighting with 2 lightsabers

3. halibut

halibut Ex-Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 27, 2000
    May the Force be with you

duh :rolleyes:

4. rebeljediknight_88

Jun 15, 2005
    that wasnt the question

duh:rolleyes: hehe

5. 4nak1n1138

Aug 9, 2007
    Tell me about it, I have trouble with just the one.

Watched ROTS last night, couldn't resist slowing down that last fight(for 2 HOURS!!!)

That really puts all the work these guys do into perspective, I have trouble believing it's choregraphy, man I would love to meet Nick Gillard.

Check out Ray Park on youtube, the guy behind Maul is cool, and there's loads of other tutorials on how to look cool with a saber, but then you all knew that already, right?:rolleyes:

Pete

6. rebeljediknight_88

Jun 15, 2005
    yer i did the slow mo on one part of the anakin/obi-wan fight where they stop and seem to roles each others lightsabers or something. if u slow it down it looks nothin like what they actually do but cus of the lightsaber effect it looks reli reli reli difficult and complicated etc lol

7. 4nak1n1138

Aug 9, 2007
    Oh yeah, but when does watching turn to 2 hours straight, swinging the saber until you think you have it down, only to watch it (again) and realise you don't!

Back to the question in hand, should we have had more Maul, or was there not enough Yoda?

MTFBWY

8. rebeljediknight_88

Jun 15, 2005
    i think more maul - yoda's fight just didnt seem right....tho we should have him kicking ass more with the force!!

9. Sauntaero

Sauntaero Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 9, 2003
    agreed. Yoda could whupp Palpy's arse with the Force alone, no need for a lightsaber in that one.

From the movies, I'd say Obi-wan is the best lightsaber-fencer, although he hints that Anakin is better....

yeah, lightsaber fighting is one thing I really wish I could actually devote time to.

10. 4nak1n1138

Aug 9, 2007
    Me too, I just don't seem to have the time at the moment, but they do have pride of place on my wall!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.