main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Why all the complaining about C4 in L.A.?

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by Thrawn_Is_God, May 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thrawn_Is_God

Thrawn_Is_God Jedi Grand Master

Jan 11, 2001
    I live in southern California, and plan to attend C4 regardless of where it is located, just like I did for the previous three. The main complaint I keep hearing is how much more money it is going to cost to go to the left coast. I think what erks me the most is the fact that when I went to Indiana my plane ticket was $200, when I went to New York for a different reason it was (gasp) $200. If you plan ahead and look for the best deal you will pay the same. Then they argue about hotels and other traveling arangements. Maybe I took my crazy pills this morning, but won't you have to do the same thing regardless of where it's at. Finally people complain that the west coast gets all the good events. For this I say, well if you had better weather you would get more conventions too. It is sunny 300 days a year over here. Speaking as one of the morons who waited overnight to see George Lucas and got stage one hypothermia for my efforts, I can say that I wished I would have been in So. Cal where it was a brisk 60 degrees. So in summation, why would you say that you would prefer no C4 over an LA C4. You would deprive the fans who would make the pilgrimage just because you hate LA. Don't get me wrong I hate LA, and would never want to live there myself, but it is definitely nicer than Indianapolis... I mean seriously what was that smell. It was like rancid goats milk. Then there was the terrible weather. Denver was a nightmare as well, and all the while I would call my friends to hear how nice the weather was in So. Cal. Also I think that Las Vegas would be a perfect location, there are so many hotels and motels that you would get a room for well under $100 a night compared to the $200 in Indiana. Plus they are desperate for tourists to lose their money so you can get a flight roundtrip for less than $150 if you book ahead. Sorry for the rant, but I just think that some people don't think things through whem theu whine.

2. Admiral-Snackbar

Admiral-Snackbar Jedi Youngling

Feb 21, 2002
    I agree.

Also I agree that Thrawn is God, and that Indianapolis smelled bad.

3. BKK

BKK Jedi Master star 3

May 27, 2002
    I personally don't hate LA, I could actually care less "where" C4 is held at, that being said I won't be going to C4 if it is indeed in LA only because I'm not going to spend money to fly there and back. I'd be lying if I said I didn't want it in Indy if only because it's close to me. I think Lucasfilm will be making a terrible mistake and IMO attendance will take a hit. I just get the impression that people really don't care if C4 is held in Indy, rather that the con was in some centralized location. Indy, Chicago, St. Louis, wherever. I just wish it was centralized but that's just me.

4. ewok78

ewok78 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 20, 2005
    I was in Al on October.
    I was un the downtown(bunker hill) i think there are not too many hotel !

5. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    East coast has "Star Wars Weekends", it'll be kinda nice to have something on the left coast that's pure SW....

6. buzz57

buzz57 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 15, 2002
    Who want's to go to the west coast? I thought all along they were going to have the celebration's in a centrally located place, L.A. is not a centrally located place. And second of all LA people don't deserve Star Wars, they already got all the stars they need in Hollywood. Spread the stars around.

7. Jedi_Dajuan

Jedi_Dajuan Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 30, 2002
    I want to go to the west coast. Any excuse to travel to a new place works for me. I get tired of spending all my time in same place.

8. Sebulba-X

Sebulba-X •X C2 C3 MW RSA• star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2000
    Just as many people complained both times about Indy...people like to complain. Once it's official, they'll be more complaining. Once it gets closer to the event, they'll stop.

In any case, the C4 in LA thread is where this should take place.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.