main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Why All The Griping??? Sheesh!!

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by VaderFanForever, Mar 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VaderFanForever

VaderFanForever Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 24, 2004
    Sorry, I had to post this topic!

I don't understand. This is about a Celebration!! We have 2 forum people...I won't mention names, buntcake, who are complaining becuase So and So isn't coming...or the events are boring. Give me a break! This is not a griping form. It is a forum for real Star Wars fans to chat, and have a great time discussing Celebration 3!

If you are pissed off that Mark, Carrie, Sam or who ever not coming, then stay the heck home! "We don't serve their kind here"! This show is for the true Star Wars fan who is there to meet people, take pictures, and have fun!!!

I feel sorry for the 2 people who are doing all the complaining. It makes me sad that all you care about are meeting the big stars. Why don't you go there to meet new people, people that you have chatted with in here!!

Go to have fun, not to gripe and moan!

2. Darth_Bootsy

Darth_Bootsy Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 4, 2004
    Is it possible for badges to be sold on ebay?

That would solve your problem.

3. Woofer

Woofer Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 27, 2001
    This is not a griping form

Heh, somebody hasn't been to YJCC then!

4. KOB

KOB Jedi Youngling star 4

Aug 22, 2004
    The Celebrations aren't about the celebs. That's what I realized last time when instead of having the celebs sign my shirt, I had the fans sign instead. I'll do the same thing this time! Even if George was signing autographs, I'd be more interested in John Doe's autograph, cause they're in my shoes...

5. Connemara

Connemara Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 18, 2000
    And besides, they haven't announced any of the big name people yet. Last time they didn't announce Hayden until like two weeks ahead of time or less. It's a marketing gimmick of course, keeps people's expectations up and buying tickets, which isn't cool, but I understand it and there is soemthing to be said for the anticipation.

6. JainaMSolo

JainaMSolo Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 19, 2001
    The fans with the "I deserve this, I deserve that" entitlement attitudes give us all a bad name. You think the big-name celebs really want to spend their time at a convention with a bunch of whining, obnoxious fans? Come on. Honest, painful truth? The actors don't owe us a damn thing. We can go on and on about how "we made Star Wars a success, they wouldn't be anywhere without us, we made X a star," but in the end, they still don't owe us anything.

Don't get me wrong, I think it's definitely to the advantage of the actor to form a good relationship with the fans. But they don't have an obligation to do so.

7. craigrr

craigrr Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 8, 1999
    Bravo, Jaina.

The truth of the matter is, the Celebration could feature every single actor from every single movie, attendees could get sigs from everyone, they could get all the souveniers they could carry. The lines could move fast or be non-existent. Fans could have all their wildest Star Wars related dreams come true and someone would still find something to complain about. WE may want to break out the cheese to go with all the Whine that's flowing.

8. Grand Admiral Strife

Grand Admiral Strife RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 21, 2001
    And Carie Fisher was announced like a day or two before the event. Remember the bottom of that note: event planning can change, and they may become available.

9. Uilmuteiz

Uilmuteiz RSA Emeritus star 4

Dec 4, 2000
    Sorry I have to close this actually very social and polite thread, but there is way too much redundancy about this right now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.