main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWC Why are we fans?

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Pom, Nov 6, 2017.

1. JediMasterKev

JediMasterKev Jedi Master

Mar 8, 2013
    Was born into the fandom. Lurked around for years. mostly spent time at another sw place,.. but decided to join here.. why not..been lurking for far too long

2. skyabovethesky

skyabovethesky Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 10, 2019
    all the obvious: the mythos, the characters, the adventure, the escape, the creativity, the technology, the worlds, the music

far above those reasons at the very center of it all that speaks directly to my heart and why i am a lifelong fan is its embodiment of the legend that repeatedly survives the test of time: good overcomes evil. always.

Blobofat likes this.
  3. black_saber

black_saber Force Ghost star 5

Apr 4, 2002
    Star Wars relates to me because I’m Jewish and there is a lot of Jewish elements in Star Wars. Like the holocaust, a lot Jewish actors like Natalie Portman, Harrison ford, Carrie Fisher and Frank Oz. There are also Jewish writers too for the some of the films like Ivan kasher who directed the Empire Strikes back and elden emerich who played the young Han Solo is Jewish too.

Also the force is gender equality like the Jewish god is and yoda teaching in the ways of the force to Luke on how it surrounds and binds is together as well and stones and trees. In Judaism we can god as a force like energy that rules the universe.

The Jedi being the most hated and persecuted in the galaxy and everybody hating them and the clone troopers burning down the Jedi temple like the Romans did burning the temple in Jerusalem 2000 years ago and the Jedi are exiled.

Imperial officers in Star Wars look like German officers and Stormtroopers are obviously are borrowed and hitler did call his soldiers stormtroopers which all in all hunt down the Jedi like the nazis hunting down Jews.

In Judaism we give a blessing saying “May god be with you”, and in Star Wars, “May the force be with you “

Those are one of my mine reasons. Other reasons are it takes my into another galaxy and beyond.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2019
    Jedi Knight Fett and Blobofat like this.
  4. Beautiful_Disaster

Beautiful_Disaster Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 12, 2005
    I was a member of another forum for quite a while (Anakin and His Angel), and when it shut down..or maybe even before, it's hard to remember after 13 years. [face_dunno]I knew I wanted to join a more all encompassing forum that dealt with every aspect of SW, and I had heard good things about TFN. So I joined.
    Why am I a fan of Star Wars? There are several reasons. Part of it is because even though I was young when I became a fan, it never fails to make me feel exactly the same way. Even though it's been almost 40 years for me, my feeling for SW has never wavered. I have many memories attached to the franchise and I treasure them all.
    (I hope that made sense..it's a difficult answer to put into words[face_nail_biting])

Blobofat likes this.
  5. Blobofat

Blobofat Chosen One star 8

Dec 15, 2000
    I'm still, after all these years, primarily a lurker in the actual SW threads as I'm not big on having heated debates. But I really like the little ephemeral, whimsical community threads that attract a handful of us. Work gets quite intense and nothing beats posting a gif of a cat sliding off a table or a porg quote right before you're about to give a lecture on baroque counterpoint. The class think I must be doing something really serious. It's a kind of gentle subversion.

Aside from all the ships and tech and space battles, what I love most about Star Wars is the way it deals with sacrifice and love. Giving up your way of life or your life itself for the greater good.

Sarge and black_saber like this.
  6. Vault

Vault Jedi Master star 1

Jan 18, 2010
    Always been a fan, dad got me into it as a kid even though he was a casual fan. It's cross-generational, one of those things where my parents and my kids will be exposed to it. The movies have a great message wrapped up in an engrossing story. Lucas created magic.

That being said, I hope that it doesn't get awful and ruin its reputation. I'm sure many feel like they did that with TFA/TLJ (or both) but I enjoyed both for different reasons.

Still, the world/lore/characters of Star Wars are something else. Love them and love discussing them.

7. JediRaiden

JediRaiden Jedi Padawan

Jul 1, 2019
    I've been a fan of SW since I was quite young, and what still keeps me in this fandom is simply the fact that there's nothing else like it. No other franchise has this much lore and things to learn. No other franchise has side characters that appear for 3 seconds that have a whole life story to them. No other franchise has the same fun or magic to it quite like SW does. No other franchise has so many excellent novels and video games like SW. I mean, KOTOR 1 and 2 are AMAZING games. And I still play Battlefront 2 (2005) all the time. No other fantasy or sci-fi franchise has such an interesting and amazing mythology like SW does. And not to mention an endless amount of awesome characters that I love.

Man, is there anything I don't love? I could go on for hours. I love the setting, the universe, the planets, the ships, the weapons... all of it.

There is really nothing else that hits the same spot as SW does for me.

8. Feologild

Feologild Jedi Knight

Nov 9, 2016
    I will admit that i am not the biggest Star Wars fan and i bet every member at least most members of this forum is far bigger Star Wars fans that i am.

But why do i like Star Wars, well i like the movies and the Clone War tv series and i generally like the story lines and characters.

9. 3sm1r

3sm1r Force Ghost star 6

Dec 27, 2017
    I love SW since my father bought the 1997 VHS of the OT. I was about 8 years old.
    After TLJ I felt the need to talk about SW much more than what my friends were willing to listen, so I decided to find a place in which people never get tired of it.
    Then I started writing in the JCC community when I was moving to US in order to get some advice and from that moment I check this forum daily.

10. Jediking97

Jediking97 Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 24, 2018
    I fell in love with Star Wars around the time of the special editions came out at the age of three once my dad showed me ANH. I like every single movie after that including the prequels and sequels. I was pretty much raised on Star Wars.

The reason I joined the site was because I was lurking on here and saw all these interesting conversations and decided to join TF.N

Last edited: Jul 27, 2019