main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Why do some people hate the Ewoks?

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by Sith_Angel, Jul 22, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. -Ulic_Qel-Droma-

-Ulic_Qel-Droma- Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 21, 2002
    yub yub commander...there physiology is outstanding...and the way the meat smells when its cooked...i mean, they are wonderful specimens and a wonderful example of animal evolution...oo look at the way it simmers....mmmmmmm...im leaving before i get shot.....

2. Daughter_of_Yubyub

Daughter_of_Yubyub Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 8, 2002
    They're intelligence is, at best, equivalent to that of a monkey

Okay, first of all, they are highly intelligent, but from a "primitive" culture. Secondly, Kolot the Ewok pilot was greatly enhanced as part of an Imperial plot. Oh, and then there's Lieutenant Kettch, the greatest Ewok of all times!

3. ferelwookie

ferelwookie Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 4, 2001
    I'd like to see a special-special-special edition of ROTJ that digitally combines footage from AOTC...where Anakin's slaughter of the Tuskens is munipulated to become Luke wiping out the Ewoks!

"They're like animals...wait a minute...they ARE animals...and I slaughtered them like little furry animals!"

4. MayBut2

MayBut2 Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 8, 2002
    I personally like Ewoks, but why people hate them, probably because they are little annoying furballs! Did I say I like them??

5. Minigo Varay

Minigo Varay Jedi Youngling star 3

May 24, 2000
    Or why not make a special-special edition of AOTC where the film is actually good, with a puppet Yoda that doesn't jump around making silly irrating sounds with a lightsabre (the ewoks are way cooler than that), good acting, no silly CGI monsters that looks like they've fled from a B-horror movie, and a story. That would be something.

Well, back to the subject.

The ewoks are cool. I just love the scene when the ewoks blow their horns and every stormtrooper in the area turns around confused! A real nice Star Wars moment.

6. Drac39

Drac39 Force Ghost star 6

Jul 9, 2002
    They are the Jar Jar Binks of the 80`s.I dont know they are better than him.Kill Jar Jar!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. Daughter_of_Yubyub

Jul 8, 2002
    They are better than Jar Jar because they actually succeeded in being cute. Also, they deliberately kick bad guy butt instead of winning by sheer clutziness and dumb luck.

8. ferelwookie

Oct 4, 2001
    I like Ewoks.

Dead ones.

9. Minigo Varay

Minigo Varay Jedi Youngling star 3

May 24, 2000
    Daughter_of_Yubyub - "They are better than Jar Jar because they actually succeeded in being cute. Also, they deliberately kick bad guy butt instead of winning by sheer clutziness and dumb luck."

I totally agree with you! That scene with Jar-Jar getting his foot stuck and accidentally shots the battledroids is terrible!

10. AndrewRanta_da

AndrewRanta_da Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 1, 2002
    they ARE dumb that is Why People dont like them

11. Darth_Jes

Darth_Jes Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 14, 2002
    I possibly hate the Ewoks because they beat the stormtroopers, and because they made this annoying laughs when they celebrated

12. ferelwookie

Oct 4, 2001
    They also EAT human beings! Why should we like these savages?! ;)

13. Darth_Jes

Darth_Jes Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 14, 2002
    You're right, Ferelwookie

14. Shelley

Shelley Jedi Youngling star 5

Sep 9, 2001
    People would have rather seen Kashyyyk as the planet Return of th Jedi focused on and watch a bunch of Wookies fighting the Empire.

Evidence of this?

I just love how bashers act like they speak for everyone.

15. Shelley

Shelley Jedi Youngling star 5

Sep 9, 2001
    Teddy-bears with sticks defeat Emperor's "best troops" that probably helped to wipe out the Jedi order???!!!

"Probably," huh? Why not wait and see?

Those "best troops" were lousy in a firefight. They couldn't even hit a target from a distance of 10 feet.

Plus the terrain of Endor was unfamiliar to them. It was the home terrain of the Ewoks; they knew it like the backs of their paws. Hence it was easy to set up booby traps and such.

16. ferelwookie

Oct 4, 2001
    I for one, would've prefered to see Wookies vs. Stormies at the end of ROTJ, rather than Ewoks. There was an early version of ANH that Lucas intended for Wookies to be involved in the end battle. Plus, a Wookie/ Imperial battle on Kashyyak <sp. would've given Lucas a chance to further develop an existing character, Chewie, and revealed some of what his culture was about, rather than introducing a bunch of half-size Wookies in the third act.

17. Daughter_of_Yubyub

Jul 8, 2002
    If you listen to the interview, he basically says that when Wookies were intended to be the ones in the battle, they were taller versions of Ewoks. They would have used the same methods.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.