main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Census Why do you support your favourite sport team(s)?

Discussion in 'Archive: Census and Games' started by Tyi-Maet_Nefer, Jan 21, 2007.

?

Why do you support your favourite sport team(s)?

Poll closed Mar 24, 2012.
  1. Geography

51.2%
  2. Family

25.6%
  3. Tradition

2.3%
  4. They're good

4.7%
  5. Other (please share!)

16.3%
  1. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Geography still plays a large role for my choices, though since I'm not actually a sports fan, funny names are generally how I choose who to root for :p

2. JediMaster1511

JediMaster1511 Jedi Grand Master star 10

Jul 15, 2010
    Be a Jets fan, then you can talk about loyalty through decades of suckage.:p

I chose geography, but I think it's more than that. I'm just a Jets fan, will be for the rest of my life. I bleed green and white and they've bled me dry many seasons, but I still come back to give more. They haven't won a Super Bowl since 1968, and constantly disappoint but I'll always support them. The other New York teams wins more often, but I still support the Jets, i'll go down with the ship. Same with the Mets.

3. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    Geography mostly.

4. The Loyal Imperial

The Loyal Imperial Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 19, 2007
    Other: I don't have any. :p

5. ILuvJarJar

ILuvJarJar Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 19, 2008
    Other. I like the panthers because the color of their uniforms appeal me. [face_laugh]

6. Rouge77

Rouge77 Jedi Knight star 5

May 11, 2005
    Mostly family. I support my father's favourite ice hockey and football (soccer to some) teams, for example.

7. Champion of the Force

Champion of the Force Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 27, 1999
    Family. My favourite football team was followed by my grandfather (mother's side) so I maintain the tradition. In a similar vein my brother and father follow another football team that my grandfather (father's side) followed.

8. timmoishere

timmoishere Force Ghost star 6

Jun 2, 2007
    Definitely geography. But when my chosen teams are not competing, I like to root for the underdog, or whoever is playing against my most hated teams.

9. MandaloreYak

MandaloreYak Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 29, 2004
    Redskins: Born in DC
    Steelers: Loved em on Madden 95, been with em ever since.

Wolverines: Half my family went to Umich (where I currently am lol)

Carolina Hurricanes: Even though my fam lives in NC, it's really bc I was good with them on NHL 2K5
    Islanders: See "Carolina Hurricanes"

I maintain residual fandom of the Braves from way back when, and partial fandom of the Nationals because I don't care about division rivalries in my rooting.

So mainly either indoctrination or games lol, aside from when my fave players are on a team (Packers currently w/Charles Woodson, stuff like that. Yeah last superbowl was bittersweet for me)

10. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    Family but you could probably throw in a bit of geography.

11. Nevermind

Nevermind Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 14, 2001
    I love pain.

12. Darth McClain

Darth McClain Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2000
    A combination of geography and family. I'm from a Western PA family that loves sports (hence, Steelers, Pirates, and Penguins), and my dad and a brother went to Penn State. My grandfather's originally from near San Antonio, so I support the Spurs in as much as I follow the NBA. Soccer's the change up. I support Tottenham in the Premier League because they're good, but not one of the "Big 4", in France, I support Nantes because I spent a semester there, and in MLS, I support the Columbus Crew, because they're the closest team and not from Philadelphia. :p

13. Nevermind

Nevermind Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 14, 2001
    Geography, for American teams.