main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Why do you write?

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by CarrKicksDoor, Jan 25, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jaina_clan_solo

jaina_clan_solo Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 14, 2005
    Oh I can completely understand not having any RL friends who understand my obsession. It sometimes makes me sad that I can't share this creative side of myself with people... But then that's what I have this site for! :D

Although I think I am fortunate in and of the fact that my family understands and encourages my writing. So I never feel wierd letting them read my stuff.

jcs

2. KILIK

KILIK Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 21, 2005
    No one will judge you, because any option is perfectly acceptable. :) So think about it. Be honest. Let's hear it. [face_worried] I hope no one well. [face_worried] Most of my post are really short and to the point but as you said Lets here it.

Ok here it is.[face_worried]

Why do you write?

I have alwyas liked story but didn't like to read tell age 13. Before then I loved to roleplay and makeing up storys.
    Ok heres a short answer.

Why do you write?
    Theres alot of answer but I'll gave the one like the most. I'm just gaveing it shot to see if I like and do. There are others but there long very long.

Do you do it to entertain others? At first I did think about it at all.

But yes I have and do. Like I asked a good friend of mine what she flet like reading. She was trying to fins something at the time. I asked her what she felt like reading she I don't know. So I decided to write her something. She really liked and keep a copy for herself. After I did I asked my best friend what he wated to read he said. Romantic comedy It was my first time to ever! right that but he told I did it right and he liked it.

So yes I would say I do.

Do you do it for yourself? Writing is art Art is expression. That has been the first line in my sig since the day I found this site.

I'm an actor in training I love it. Writing is differnt but to me the same as acting. Well I guess its cause i'm both in training. :D I have alot of I guess expression in me. So yes to that I do write for my self.

Do you do it to gather awards? I have 2 answer for this question. 1. No I don't I think there nice I guess. I haven't one any at all. The real award for is finshing something that I really like. Even if others never see it I still feel great that is my award. 2.This going to sound weird but I don't want to known for it. I mean I wouldn't mine people reading my work. But I don't to souly be defined as a writer. I hope that makes sense.

Do you do it to make things in books come out the way you want them to?

I would say no. I think thats one of hte reason I don't like Saga ear. And am chicken to write it. I don't want to write anyone wrong or make do something weird I feel like i'm going to brake them.

Or do you do it because you feel the drive as the Comanches once did to simply "sit down and tell stories?

Well I would have to say i'm not sure on that one. I do tlike to tell storys thou its fun even if its not on paper or in print.

Would I do it for money? No I would do for the money in acting eather. I reallly mean that cause. Who i'm then? The answer just anther writer or acting doing for the money that had style and skill but just ended up doing for the money.

So thats it thats my story.

I want write with out feeling judge.

So there yeh have it thats me and how I feel about writing.

Yeah i'm newbie at all this writing stuff, as if you couldn't already tell :D.

3. Pyxelle

Pyxelle Jedi Youngling star 1

May 30, 2005
    Thanks for referring me, Bantha. ff.net has some awesome stories on it, but too often you have to wade through Imperial sewage to find the good stories.

And I know what you mean about your mind wandering off while talking to someone else. My hubby sometimes will start talking nonsense to me while I'm writing/sketching out a plot 'cause he know's I'm not listening.

Example:

Hubby: Hon, did you know that you forgot to put the clothes in the dryer?

Me: Yeah-huh. *nods*

Hubby: Weren't you supposed to do that two days ago?

Me: Yeah-huh. *nods*

Hubby: Well, the clothes have molded, did you know that?

Me: *nods, scratching off of bad plot twist in my ideas notebook* Yeah, sure.

Hubby: The mold has now become sentient, you know. It knows that by washing those clothes AND drying them, you were trying to destroy the mold.

Me: *nods vigorously* Destroy 'em. Yep, I know.

Hubby: The mold is out to get you, you know. It wants revenge.

Me: Honey, please. *looks up at husband with pity* It's RETURN of the Jedi, not REVENGE of the Jedi. A Jedi doesn't do revenge.

*Hubby stares*

Me: *shakes head* Honestly, you never pay attention to anything, do you??

Yeah, that about sums it up....

4. CloneCommanderCody

CloneCommanderCody Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 21, 2006
    Who wouldn't right. It's just so...

enjoyable.

5. little_miss_jedi

little_miss_jedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 6, 2005
    I try to make things turn out the way I want them to, but sometimes it doesn't work like that. I don't want my endings to sound planned and forced, you know?

Once, I was writing a fic (in the Beyond the Saga era, which I cannot do for nuts) about Leia and suddenly I feel like I have to make her turn to the dark side, which wasn't what i planned at all! But then its like, oh yeah...this could really work, even though I didn't want it to.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.