main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT Why does there seem to be a near-consensus that AOTC is worse than TPM?

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by JediVision, Dec 24, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IG Lancer

IG Lancer Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 8, 2015
    I find Attack of the Clones' Anakin cringe-worthy. He is a highly trained young adult who behaves like an tantrum-prone edgy 13 years old. And I just couldn't buy his love story with Padme... there is nothing in him that I feel could attract a woman as wise and experienced as Padme was supposed to be...

Anakin is the main flaw in The Revenge of the Sith too... I didn't like his fall... but it's not as bad as in AotC...

Anyways, what I love in the PT is the world building and the way the Republic and the Jedi Order are portrayed. I didn't get interested in the Expanded Universe until the PT... The OT was a very generic "good guys vs bad guys" story with little world building, but the prequels showed me enough of the SW universe to make me crave for more...

2. Sith Lord 2015

Sith Lord 2015 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 30, 2015
    That's, like, YOUR opinion. What makes you think it's relevant in any way or respect? Those "flaws" worked very well for me, and AOTC has over the years made it to the top tier of the entire SW saga.:p

Last edited: Jun 25, 2020
    Deliveranze likes this.
  3. Guidman

Guidman Skywalker Saga Mod and Trivia Host star 6 Staff Member Manager

Dec 29, 2016
    I think this thread has overextended its stay....by about 17 pages. Locking.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.