main
side
curve
  1. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

Why George Lucas sold Lucasfilm to Disney ?

Discussion in 'Lucasfilm Ltd. In-Depth Discussion' started by antitoxicgamer, Sep 17, 2020.

1. Princess_Tina

Princess_Tina Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
    There's supposed to be a companion piece coming to HBOMax

2. K2771991

K2771991 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 21, 2019
    He definantly still has a connection to the francise and still had ideas, but TCW is different from three big-budget films; based on what he's said, he definantly seems to have become a bit jaded regarding that kind of endeavour after the way peaple treated the ST (not to mention he's pretty old and given the choice between time with his family and years of work on three big films I'd imagine it would'nt be very hard to pick the former at this point)

I am too.

Speaking bluntly (and completly from my own perspective), it seems somewhat odd to me that peaple act as if it would be better if we got nothing; we went from no SW films and a steadily drying well of new content to plenty of SW films and regular content, and as it stands peaple who don't like the new stuff can simply...not consume it and make do with the old content, which still exists. It's a win-win that plenty of peaple neverthless seem to treat as if it's a lose-lose.

So...lingering shots of American flags, Megan Fox showing off her legs and a lot of explosions and bro humor?:D

I think that's what he did do, it's just that the hate got to him in the end. You can not care what other peaple think but still have your feelings hurt when they s*@# all over you for no good reasons.

It's a movie by Denis Villeneuve with a pretty solid cast, and the trailer actually looks pretty good. Granted, my only exposure to Dune is the Lynch film, which put me to sleep, and the Dune 2000/Emperor: Battle for Dune video games, which I found extermely fun but have been told played fast-and-loose with the lore, so what do I know.

But as Tina said there's supposed to be a TV series coming out as well.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2020
    KyleKartan likes this.