main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Why Hesitate? L/M & others. (One Shot for the Musical Medley Mini)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by WarmNyota_SweetAyesha, Mar 20, 2020.

1. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Thanks @mavjade for this great mini game and @Briannakin for the encouragement. I was frozen by RL matters yesterday but now they're on the way to resolving, the ff mousse muse is back in full effect!
    LOL

Musical Medley Challenge:
    #1:
    "You Can't Stop the Beat" from Hair Spray

This jaunty song is lively and fun!!

~

Corran and Mirax invited the Solos and Luke and Mara to their anniversary party.

Corran and Mirax watched Luke and Mara take to the dance floor. It was a handful of months since they had matched the two up.

"Well, Mirax," Corran said, smirking, "That idea of ours certainly went over with roaring success!"

"Better than I might have hoped," Mirax chuckled, or either of the parties in question might have dreamed.

Mara and Luke could have been righteously indignant at being matched up with one another; but they were civil enough and friends enough to make the best of things if needed.

Instead, they had enthusiastically taken hold of the couple thing and ran with it!

"They only have eyes for one another," Han told Leia as he spun her around in a dance rhythm that was a blend of slow and upbeat.

She laughed softly, delighted her brother was so happy. "It's been that way for a long time, more subtly than now perhaps, but there nonetheless."

"Sounds vaguely familiar," Han teased.

"Nerf-herder," Leia teased back, and he squeezed her.

"Being here for the Horns' anniversary gives me an idea," Luke told Mara as they headed for the balcony after the dance concluded. "About the whole marriage thing. I never felt ready before. Now ..."

"Rushing a bit aren't you, Skywalker?" Mara remarked. "We've just started dating and you already have us married?"

Luke laughed. "Doesn't have to be tomorrow, but why hesitate when you're sure?"

Mara said, "Is this your attempt at a sideways proposal?"

"Just thinking out loud and hoping shamelessly."

Mara relented. "Okay, it's definitely something to consider ..." She paused. "I can't think of anyone I'd rather spend the next 50 or so years with."

Her emerald green eyes were laughing into his sapphire blue ones, as he kissed her in euphoric adoration.

"Is that a maybe or a yes?" Luke whispered.

"It's not a maybe," Mara answered. "With you, it always seems to come down to not being able to say anything but ... I will."

+++

end

Last edited: Mar 20, 2020
  2. divapilot

divapilot Force Ghost star 4

Nov 30, 2005
    This is so sweet!

When it's right, you know. ;) I enjoyed this a lot! Thanks!

3. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Great and sweet to see them drawn together on that special occasion with Corran and Mirax

4. Kahara

Kahara FFoF Hostess Extraordinaire star 4 VIP - Game Host

Mar 3, 2001
    This is so fun! :) I really enjoyed that we got a sort of lead-in from Corran and Mirax, then Han and Leia, before zooming in on Luke and Mara. And that conversation is so sweet, and feels so them.

[face_love] Aww! There's just this level of humor and comfort with each other, even though the situation is a leap of faith. Which seems to have paid off for all concerned, including their matchmakers. ;)

5. mayo_durron_666

mayo_durron_666 Jedi Grand Master star 2

Nov 26, 2005
    Sweet L/M post! [face_love] Luke's right.. when you know why hesitate! :D

Loved Han and Leia's comments.. ;) Great H/L moment!

6. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    This was really sweet! I love Corran and Mirax setting Luke and Mara up.

And the Han and Leia part was so sweet as well! I love it when they tease each other.

7. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    Ahh...very sweet. I think Mara can handle spending 50 years with Legends Luke:D...not Disney Luke=((. I think Mara would have smacked Disney Luke upside the head.

I heard a rumor of Mara Jade returning to canon.
    I want to believe it but at the same time I fear Mara's character will be dragged through the mud like Luke's was.

Luckily we have fan fiction and fanfic authors are usually very good at not portraying SW characters OOC.

8. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    The Horns, the Skywalkers and the Solos.

A recipe for fun, snark & romance.

I am glad your muse kissed you in dark times. Keep the good stuff coming!

Kahara and WarmNyota_SweetAyesha like this.
  9. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    One of the best recipes there is [face_laugh] [face_mischief]
    [:D]

Kahara and AzureAngel2 like this.
  10. JadeSphera

JadeSphera Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 10, 2018
    Loved this line! [face_love]
    And the rest of the story of course :D

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha likes this.