main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Why is everyone so obsessed with having EU "rules" in the ST?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Lord-Draco, Aug 31, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lord-Draco

Lord-Draco Jedi Master star 4

Nov 26, 2002
    It has already been stated that the ST would set it's own path and not draw upon the post ROTJ content (comics/novels) for inspiration. In fact, the ST might just contradict everything that the EU has established. However, people seem to ignore that and act as if the ST will just be everything you read in the comics/novels in film version....and it gets annoying!

People, just accept the fact that the ST it's own work and will probably ignore/contradict everything you know about the post ROTJ era. Everything from locations, stories, and characters. Everything we get a rumor about casting, people want to automatically assume that these actors/actresses might play Jaina Solo, Mara Jade or something to that nature.

This is another reason why the ST, despite what people may think, could end up being disliked just like the PT if not worse because people (like the PT) already have their preconceived notions as to what takes place in the post ROTJ era and if the ST strongly deviates from that, then they will complain.

Personally, I would LOVE for the ST to just outright contradict EVERYTHING that the EU has established. I want Disney to have the freedom to explore/explain the post ROTJ era without having to follow the "rules" established in novels that were never truly confirmed to be cannon.

2. Darth Eddie

Darth Eddie Jedi Master star 4

May 14, 2013
    I think there's a thread for this, but you would be stoned to death for posting there. A agree though - the EU is not sacred. In fact it is frequently half-baked.

Step back and think about the Heir to the Empire books, for example. We hear names like "Bppfash" and "Ysalamiri" and "Joruus C'Baoth". Luke ends up married to a lady sent to assassinate him. The bad guy is a blue man with red eyeballs. Of course the executions are generally better than the ideas on the drawing board... But they just don't feel like "my Star Wars", as people put it.

Sarge likes this.
  3. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    StoneRiver likes this.
  4. Darth Eddie

Darth Eddie Jedi Master star 4

May 14, 2013
  5. StoneRiver

StoneRiver Force Ghost star 4

Oct 6, 2004
    The Hellhammer likes this.
  6. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    I like how people keep doing their best to find the most creative "Lock" images and gifs they can.

StoneRiver likes this.
  7. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.