main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Why Love was Forbidden in the Old Jedi Order (NJO AU by Melyanna and Luney, sequel link up 11/13)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by padawan lunetta, Jan 2, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. padawan lunetta

padawan lunetta Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 1999
    This is, of course, the sequel to Shadows of a Past Long Forgotten, but to any of you new comers, you don't HAVE to read it to understand this... but it'd be wonderful for my ego. ;) (Mely's writing up a summary for it) ANYwho... this story takes place six months after Red Flight (By Rebelmom), and two years after Shadows of a Past Long Forgotten.

Summary:

On a mission into the Unknown Regions, Luke Skywalker, his wife Mara, Corran Horn, Jacen Solo, Ganner Rhysode, and four young apprentices discover more than they bargained for about the Old Order of Jedi - and about each other.

Rating: PG

(Oh this is also AU concerning Anakin Solo's death... he's still kickin cuz he was alive when I first wrote into Shadows ;) And Naboo culture is slightly different... basically the Kings and Queens are elected, but chosen from the Naberrie family)

2. padawan lunetta

May 15, 1999
    Why Love was Forbidden in the Old Jedi Order

Prologue

A young man was dragged into an expensively decorated bridge, flanked by two uniformed guard dressed in maroon and gold. They dropped him upon arrival, causing him to fall to his knees on the floor. His head came up, and he glared through dark brown eyes at two figures. He faced the first, his mouth dropping at the sight of her dark green silk dress and shapely figure. Her face was covered in darkness, but he recognized her. He snapped his mouth shut, raising his cuffed fist, then yelled, "traitor!"

One of the guards stepped forward, hitting him with the butt of his blaster. Words were exchanged, but their voices were silent. The young man was refusing to talk, even when the second figure stepped forward, a well dressed tall man, began to beat him. This continued for awhile, until from the shadows stepped another man, dressed in flowing robes. He placed his hand against the young man's forehead, closing his eyes.

The young man's face contorted with pain, raising his hands against an invisible foe. Guilt flashed quickly in his eyes, before he fell lifeless to the floor. The man in robes stepped back, a smile forming on his lips. He said something to the woman, who came forward, leaning over the young man's body, speaking softly to him. She then rose to her feet, giving him one last kick, before pulling a lever that dropped the body unceremoniously down a large, sparkling waterfall.

The bridge faded into the endless sand of Tatooine, where night had fallen on the planet. The stars shone brightly in the night sky, then slowly, one by one, they began to fade, flickering and dying. The sky began to turn, moving Tatooine with it, spiraling quickly toward a depthless blackhole, turning everything into a darkness so thick, it was tangible.

Cianna Darklighter woke up in a cold sweat, blinking at the soft moonlight filtering into the room through her window. The rhythmic sound of Nadia and Julie's breathing helped calm her nerves, but her heart continued to race. The Force had sent her a warning, so dire the entire galaxy was at risk. And she didn't know how to stop it.

Chapter One
    Jaina Solo's and Jagged Fel's Wedding Reception

The party before Jacen Solo and Nadia Montaigne could have passed for any formal function of the New Republic. The mix of military dress uniforms, formal Jedi robes, and evening gowns swirling about the ballroom in a rainbow of color was nothing unusual for a state event. Had it not been for the woman in white dancing with her famous father, Nadia could have imagined herself at a royal ball back on her home planet of Aleria rather than Jaina Solo's wedding reception. The ceremony had been beautiful, almost as lovely as Jaina's radiant smile, but a note of sadness had now descended upon several in the room. The groom's family, especially his young sister, felt the parting keenly, as did the bride's family. But none seemed so sad as Han Solo as he handed his dance partner to his new son-in-law. And Jacen, on Nadia's left, felt more than a little pain.

Not having any siblings of her own, Nadia had no conception of the twin bond. She had once thought that she understood it, but now she realized how wrong she had been. She had thought that it was the most powerful Force bond of all, as it was formed as the Force signatures themselves were formed. But now Nadia saw that it was steel mixed with sculpting polymer - strong, but brittle, and easily broken if the right kind of force were applied.

Jacen sighed, and Nadia slipped her hand through his arm. He turned his head and gave her a brave smile. Gently, she tugged on his arm. "Let's take a walk, Jacen," she suggested. "Jaina's going to be stuck here for hours."

He nodded, leading Nadia out an inconspicuous door a few meters behind them. The path led them to a garden, and Nadia smiled. "Why is it that all ballrooms have adjacent gardens?"

Jacen laughed. "For private, romantic interludes, of course."

Nadi

3. Gr-Adm-Thrawn

Gr-Adm-Thrawn Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 1, 2002
    oh dear oh dear !!!

first post

'tis an honor

well done Padawan Little moon and may the New year bring you inspiration, Happiness, Love and a lightsaber to fight Darth Writers block.

I have an idea but I won't say anything yet ;)

the Admiral

4. DarthSnuggles1121

DarthSnuggles1121 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 28, 2002
    Lunerbeamy! Awesome beginning! You did a great job with describing why exactly love had been forbidden in the Old Order, and also a great job with picking up where you left off, nicely showing how the characters had changed in the past two years.

Though Nadia understood perfectly that Jacen was only trying to help, she shot him a look of disapproval. He looked confused, but closed his mouth obediently anyway.

That's right Nadia, show him who's boss. ;)

"It's because Master Yoda couldn't get a date,"

LMAO! Hey, I'm sure Yoda was a real swinger when he was in his prime. ;)

"Broken hearts happen whether love is forbidden or not."

Wonderful line. I'm sure Lainey would know... poor kid. Which reminds me-

BAD ARMAND! BAD!!!

Ahem.... anywho, fantastic start, Your Lunerlyness! :D

5. JediKnight-Obi-Wan

JediKnight-Obi-Wan Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 13, 2000
    Okay, all I have to say is the title of this story makes me very nervous lol and you HAVE to work things about between Lainey and Armand.

Very interesting coversation about forbidden love between all the Jedi. It's something I've thought on a lot myself all things considered. :) It'll be interesting to see where you guys take this.

Annnd, if Ganner and Cianna still have something going. :D

6. Jade_Skywalker

Jade_Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

Jun 16, 2000
    Great beginning Luney and Mely. :) Interesting conversation between the characters. Tsk, tsk, tsk. Armand needs a woopin'! ;)

7. EmilieDarklighter

EmilieDarklighter Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 19, 2002
    Oooh...yay! I just read Red Flight in this story arch, and now we get one that luney's cowriting in...YAY!

*waits patiently for mush*

8. Admiral_Lelila

Admiral_Lelila Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 29, 2001
    I enjoyed reading "Red Flight" (By Rebelmom), and "Shadows of a Past Long Forgotten." and I'm looking forward to reading this story. :)

I would like to read Mel's story about Nadia. Would it be possible to provide a link to the "Nadia's story?"

~Lelila~

9. Jez_3-14159265358979

Jez_3-14159265358979 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 13, 2001
    Holy cow! you started already? it was a good post.

Jez

10. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    Nice set up. I liked the discussion about why love was forbidden. Looking forward to more.

11. womp_rat208

womp_rat208 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 8, 1999
    Ooooh, a story by luney! Yay! Oh, mel too... ;)

Interesting kick off. Lotsa characters I have little to no knowledge of, but enough that I recognize to keep me around. Not that y'all care if I'm around or not. ;)

12. Marawannabe

Marawannabe Jedi Master star 4

Dec 16, 2001
    Fellow Chopped Liver!!!! I'm heeeeeere ;) Be proud... yes, I said proud :D

Lovely post, that. I'm enjoying this story already! (Which is a very good thing)

For private, romantic interludes, of course *cracks up* LOL, I didn't know gardens had any other purpose besides that one ;)

Loved the talk of "forbidden love" also. LOL, have to love teenage logic :D

13. padawan lunetta

May 15, 1999
    *peeks in* Of course I want you here Wompy ;) Ohhh and *I* only wrotethed the Prologue... the rest of it was written by Mely... so praise her for that part ;)

14. Sache8

Sache8 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2000
    Hey!!! The baby's name is Saché! :p How cool is that? ;)

And it feels so weird to be posting... actually posting on this long, long, long anticipated story.

So, are we gonna play the acronym game or would the princess disapprove? ;)

15. Melyanna

Melyanna Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 2001
    Gr-Adm-Thrawn: Luney wrote that magnificent prologue, and I had the task of writing that monstrously long exposition. I really didn't want the scene to be as long as it was, but it was the best place to get all that information about the characters and how they've changed in before the plot kicks in full force. Darn those plots. ;)

Fluffybottom: Lunerbeamy! Awesome beginning! You did a great job with describing why exactly love had been forbidden in the Old Order, and also a great job with picking up where you left off, nicely showing how the characters had changed in the past two years. *ahem* :D

Yes, Jacen has a distressing tendency toward being whipped in the early parts of this story. ;) And yeah, I'll bet Yoda would have been, had there been anyone from his species around. :p Thanks! I liked that line too - and who's to blame Armand for trying to move on? ;)

JKOW: The title makes you nervous? Can't imagine why. :p Heh, I'm sure you've thought about why love was forbidden... And as for Ganner and Ci, we'll see. :D

Jade_Skywalker: Man, everyone's got it out for poor Armand... I'll have to comfort him. ;)

Emilie: Heheh, mush is coming, I can say that much...

Lelila: Nadia's story is called In the Wake of Glory. I'll probably rewrite it again eventually too. :p

Jez: Thanks! :)

Mom: Thanks, Mom. :)

wompster: :p We'll keep you abreast of all the stuff going on... and I love having you around. You're like my brother in so many ways. ;)

Mara: Thanks! And that IS the official usage of gardens. Teenage logic is loads of fun. :D

Saché: Of course the baby's name is Saché! ;) Yeah, it does feel weird posting this story finally - her Luneyness and I have been planning it for a year now!

And the acronym game is a must. :D

*~*~*~*

Thanks, everyone! More up when beta work is back. :)

Mel

16. Jedi_Johnson

Jedi_Johnson Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 6, 2002
    That was a wonderful start. I'm eagerly anticipating more. :)

17. DarthSnuggles1121

DarthSnuggles1121 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 28, 2002
    Oh yeah, you did a good job too, Mely dearest. ;)

I'm such a rebel - posting at school! *gasp!* ;)

18. HandmaidenEirtae

HandmaidenEirtae Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 23, 2001
    Great job, Mely and Luney! ;) I can't wait to hear what this mission is. The prologue was great. I wonder who that woman and the men with her were. Post more soon, please!
    ~Eirtae

19. padawan lunetta

May 15, 1999
    Thanketh, everyone... and Sache, the princess Disapproves ;)

20. Sache8

Sache8 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2000
    **sigh**

Okay, okay... :p

21. Melyanna

Melyanna Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 2001
    *takes out a cricket bat and swings at the thread*

This has been another shameless up. ;)

22. padawan lunetta

May 15, 1999
    *kicks it up* Maybe a post tomorrow... ;)

23. Sarah_K

Sarah_K Jedi Master star 4

Jun 10, 2001
    *enters with her nose all red* Well, Chicago was cold. Naturally. And what's more, I didn't bring my laptop, so it was depressingly empty of posts! Thank you for greeting me with one. :)

I love this beginning! It shows where everyone is at, and furthermore incorporates that title of yours (the line about Yoda cracked me up!). But I'm already worried. Lainey is as close as ever, and Armand seems to be committing relational suicide... Not a good start.

In response to your response: Mara and Luke survived even longer on their own, but if they hadn't met when they did, you can bet that would have been the end of it (if the number of times they've rescued eachother is anything to go by).

Furthermore, I'm wracking my brains trying to remember what Evil Villain we met in Shadows that could show up here, but I'm havin' no luck. Maybe I need to reread the whole thing... or did you hide it too well for that to work either?

Can't wait for more!

Your novelist reviewer,
    Sarah >^,,^<

24. TheBiggerFish

TheBiggerFish Jedi Master star 4

Mar 26, 2001
    But none seemed so sad as Han Solo as he handed his dance partner to his new son-in-law.

:_| *rushes to hug her baby Han*

I'm pretty sure that wasn't what I was supposed to react to, but oh well. ;)

so Armand's dating? Well, someone's going to have to do something about that, aren't they? [face_mischief]

could I have a link to Red Flight? That's the only one I haven't read.

25. TheBiggerFish

TheBiggerFish Jedi Master star 4

Mar 26, 2001
    [face_blush] oops, double post!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.