main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Why no Luke's Academy?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by StarWarsFan91, May 11, 2021.

1. TheCloneWarsForever

TheCloneWarsForever Force Ghost star 7

Apr 24, 2018
    I think there just isn't a champion for it inside LF.

There's no strong drive towards promoting ST linked stuff (other than a few comics and occasional vague inferences which may not be anything more than fans reading too much into things.) Put up the profitability of Grogu's prosperity vs. fidelity to a divisive trilogy that contradicts itself half the time and Grogu wins hands down.

Favreau and Filoni "own" the post-ROTJ space for now. But these creators tell stories about new characters, not old ones (or at least not old ones that are already canon-locked by future content.)

The story group, or novel/comic group or whatever, have planted their stake in the High Republic era. That's their playground for the foreseeable future.

Last edited: May 12, 2021
    Golbolco and Jedi Ben like this.
  2. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    By the time he's in Luke's academy, Grogu's a pot-smoking teenager who flunked out. Survived but not a Jedi.

3. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    I disagree, there seems to be interest in more Luke and Ben stories even after ST trilogy is done. I even bet Filoni will soon make more animated in the ST era.

4. ColeFardreamer

ColeFardreamer Force Ghost star 5

Nov 24, 2013
    Grogu is not LFL's Groot, lol!

Well they can still get them... Force Ghost Luke and Force Ghost Ben post IX on adventures together stalking Rey and Finn's Academy! It could be Light Side Hogwarts with Forceghosts around teaching too, some artifacts with imbued ancient masters from all eras hanging around like the moving paintings in Hogwarts.

Fredrik Vallestrand likes this.
  5. Jedimarine

Jedimarine Force Ghost star 5

Feb 13, 2001
    I don't know why, but I suddenly had this image of Luke wandering around the afterlife, trying to find a way back that doesn't delve to the darkside.

And it started looking like when Goku dies in Dragonball Z.

ColeFardreamer likes this.
  6. I loved the comic Jedi Academy Leviathan because we see Luke as a master

ColeFardreamer likes this.
  7. iFrankenstein

iFrankenstein Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 24, 2020
    Didn’t Luke already do this in Return of the Jedi? That seemed like the point of the movie.

Jedi Ben likes this.
  8. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Lucas' ST would've featured a more successful Luke training a new generation of Jedi by finding two and three year olds and starting from scratch. Plus around 50-100 Order 66 Jedi survivors come out've hiding following Luke's call and the end of the Empire. Around 20 years would've went by so the youngling would've been young adults by the time the action takes place.

9. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    I think the idea could still be made with Luke's legacy coming out post TROS.