main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Why tonyf should be reinstated as an Admin.

Discussion in 'Communications' started by LostOnHoth, Jul 10, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LostOnHoth

LostOnHoth Chosen One star 5

Feb 15, 2000
    This is largely a repost:

To the staff of TFN,

I honestly think tonyf should be re-appointed as an Admin.

While I appreciate that if you are going to have rules then they should apply to everyone, I think that there has to be a certain flexibility where members of tonyf's standing and calibre are concerned. It is not in the best interests of the JC to apply a 'mandatory' sentencing mentality when it is quite obvious that in the current situation the punishment does not fit the crime.

I just don't think that members who have been around as long as tonyf and have contributed as much should be demoted for a harmless rule infraction or for a moment of poor judgement. In fact, if you read that thread it is hard to even point to a particular post of tonyf's that warrants a demotion.

I realise that a line has to be draw but it seems to me that no line was crossed. I believe that his contributions as a moderator outweigh any perceived 'damage' that may be caused if he remains an Admin. I don't think anyone who has been here for more than five minutes can argue with that.

This place needs all the help it can get. Tonyf's contributions to the JC over the years should serve to mitigate the severity of his punishment and should have been taken into consideration when his 'punishment' was decided upon.

I hope others in the JC feel the same way.

2. JediWarrior

JediWarrior Jedi Knight star 6

Jun 7, 2000
    I nominate Mr. Neck to replace TonyF. Its not fair that a number of great JCers never get the chance to admin, because it keeps going back to admins who've misbehaved, and don't deserve to be called admins.

3. AlienAcid

AlienAcid Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 27, 2000
    lol mr neck...

Actualy a good admin would be Keo or Val =)

kadue too.

I would like to see those 3 before anyone else.

EDIT:eek:h ya bring back tonyf he didnt hurt anyone he was just being funny.

4. JediWarrior

Jun 7, 2000
    I'll agree with Valiowk, she'd be pretty cool as an admin. :) But I still think Mr. Neck would be better! :D

5. LostOnHoth

Feb 15, 2000
    That's nice. Why don't you post your unsolicited recommendations somewhere else.

Thanks.

6. AlienAcid

Nov 27, 2000
    Naww to much work.

7. Katriel

Katriel Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 5, 2000
    I vote for Kadue. :) But not that I don't think Keo wouldn't make a fine mod also.

8. JediWarrior

Jun 7, 2000
    LOH, I would start a seperate thread, but I thought this was better. Why? Do my suggestions insult you? ?[face_plain]

9. LostOnHoth

Feb 15, 2000
  10. No blasters!

No blasters! Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 14, 2000
    Did tonyf realize he was breaking some rule? If not, then it's really not fair to demote someone over a non-existent, or never before used rule.

After all, it's not like he read anyone's PMs, hacked into the system, gave his password to someone else, or anything along those lines.

11. Darth Mischievous

Darth Mischievous Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 12, 1999
    Well said, LoH.

:)

12. GrandAdmiralPelleaon

GrandAdmiralPelleaon Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 28, 2000
    I say reinstate him ...but Neck as admin is tempting ;) :p

I just made him a temp admin at my EZboard cuz I'm going on vacation for 2 weeks and now they are nominating him here lol

13. Chyren

Chyren Manager Emeritus star 5

Sep 30, 1998
    "Did tonyf realize he was breaking some rule?"

--No, he did not. He even was trying to avoid breaking them. (Mind you, he was drunk - and being drunk makes you stupid.. so...)

"If not, then it's really not fair to demote someone over a non-existent, or never before used rule."

-- That is correct. According to some - no names - he did not even break an existing rule. No evidence can be found that this rule ever existed. It's the mystery rule from dimension X.

What this boils down to, is that tonyf was de-modded because he got intoxicated a couple of times and posted rebelliously on TF.N, in a way that was 'not becoming of a moderator' - thus being an embarrassment to the powers that be, because it looks like the mods can't even enforce rules among themselves. So he was removed, largely for having a personality, it seems.

So really it was a political expediency. Now watch history being rewritten.

14. AlienAcid

Nov 27, 2000
    So we can now be banned for posting drunk cause we dont represent the members right I guess.

or are us common folk allowed to have fun?

15. Katriel

Katriel Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 5, 2000
    "the mystery rule from Dimension X"

I think some of the members here come from Dimension X as well.

16. Sith Vicious

Sith Vicious Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 8, 1999

I've seen something along the lines of what Chyren said posted by another admin recently. Perhaps I inferred too much, but there appears to be a major rift among admins over how this was handled. Does it matter, since these decisions are up for a vote? Some will side against the majority decision, so disagreement is expected.

17. No blasters!

Feb 14, 2000
    "there appears to be a major rift among admins over how this was handled."

Sounds like that to me, too.

//waits to see how many mods/admins don't show up here

18. Gen. Madine's Hairpiece

Gen. Madine's Hairpiece Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 1, 2000
    While I think tony's actions were foolish, I don't believe they were worthy of perm. demotion.

Other posters and mods have done far more and have either been slapped on the wrist, or not punished at all.

19. AlienAcid

Nov 27, 2000
    How about we scrap the whole system and start over?

I mean everything =)

hehe

20. ArtyEwok

ArtyEwok LFL Artist star 4 VIP

Mar 18, 1999
    I'm here, NB, and I don't think his actions warranted a permanent demotion by far.

21. Vertical

Vertical Former Head Admin star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 6, 1999
    As I've stated elsewhere, tony's actions were questionable, in terms of "actions unbecoming of a moderator", as Chyren said. I do not disagree that it was questionable, and administrative action is understandable.

But, as LostOnHoth pointed out, I don't believe a permanent demotion is the proper response, especially when one of the reasons given for the demotion was a violation of a rule that didn't exist.

Vertical

22. No blasters!

Feb 14, 2000
    I'm glad to see this topic isn't being avoided like the plague.

Is it too much to ask that uniform standards be set, *then* punitive action applied?

EDIT: In response to Vert. Why can't tony just be "spanked"? In the past we've actually had admins "self impose" one and we were all assured that such a spank was fine...

23. AlphaWolf

AlphaWolf Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 27, 2000
    This is strange. nearly (Not all!) every mod has , so far, disagreed with his demotion...

Who makes these decisions then? Are the other mods not consulted?

24. Obey Wann

Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 14, 2000
    Agreed, NB, [sarcasm]but it's sooooo much easier to take action, then change the rules later.[/sarcasm]

25. JediWarrior

Jun 7, 2000
    I still say its not worth keeping an admin whose been demoted twice for unseemly behaviour. Its far better to get new blood...dare I suggest Neck again ;) Or anyone, I just don't think we should stick our necks out to reinstate a mod that didn't represent the admin-ship well, and its not a first offence iether...my 2c

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.