main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Why was AOTC not loved by the public and media?

Discussion in 'Archive: Attack of the Clones' started by DBrennan3333, Nov 7, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    Ya know, I had the same debate in regards to Troy.

One of the many reasons why certain members of the public and certain members of the media did not "love" Episode II is the lack of the Darth Vader element. Imagine the original trilogy without Darth Vader. Imagine any epic or saga or film without the element of a great antagonist; the results are weak characters, lame plots and overall dissatisfaction.

Remember, Heroes are defined by the hardships they overcome, the virtues of their decisions and actions, the villains they defeat (the bigger the better).

2. Qu_Klaani

Qu_Klaani Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 27, 2004
    "Actually, ILM has been using CGI explosions since AOTC. Pyrotechnics are very rare in Star Wars now."

I think what the guy meant is that the generally use real stock footage of explosions in CGI.

3. Shelley

Shelley Jedi Youngling star 5

Sep 9, 2001
    But the PT isn't about defeating villains. It's about how Anakin Skywalker becomes one.

Evil isn't defeated in the PT. It wins.

4. Grand_Duchess_Olga

Grand_Duchess_Olga Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 28, 2002
    "...they're the ones who love lame lines like 'Rise Lord Vader' even though Vader is strapped down...."

I think you've made a silly point here. It is a good line. You've obviously interpreted this line literally, as in 'Lord Vader, get up' or 'Lord Vader, stop lying down'. We're talking about the birth of an iconic villain here, so I think 'Lord Vader...rise' is quite an appropriate, effective and portentous statement.

I think the preview was misleading. Like for the preview for TPM, we hear Yoda saying, "two there is. A master and an apprentice" and we see Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan. But in the movie we see Yoda was really talking about the Sith. So for RotS proably Vader gets hit by a speeder and Palpatine was telling him to rise his lazy @ss up [face_laugh]. So what we hear has nothing to do with the actual scene.

I read about 30 different reviews from newspapers from the U.S. and one thing that bottered me was how the reviewers would give an A+, A, A-, a B+ or else 3 or 4 out of 4 stars to the movie but all the reviewer did was complain about how corny the dialouge was or the wooden acting, etc. It was hypocritical that they didn't have anything good to say (except either they liked Lee or the Dooku and Yoda fight) but they give a high score. Only one reviewer gave it a C.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.