main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT Why Yoda doesn't beat Sidious

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Love SW2012, Jul 20, 2020.

1. FightoftheForgotten

FightoftheForgotten Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 19, 2020
    Gee, how wonderful it must be to have you own headcanon about Star Wars and then demand that others recognize your own headcanon above actual canon.

Nope. Not gonna join you in your fantasy world.

Which weighs more, a pound of steal or a pound of plywood?

So, based on this logic, regardless of how long Superman stays in the air, since he will eventually land he was never levitating in the first place?

Last edited: Dec 9, 2021
    Dandelo and BlueYogurt like this.
  2. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    And the X-Wing is 13.4m long.

3. cantthinkofone

cantthinkofone Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 6, 2020
    how did you take this from the video ?
    yes, we all agree yoda cowardly flee. but the rest of your post isnt true.

and even if it was true that was out-cold for 5 seconds, what do you think anyone can do in those 5 whole seconds ? even if sidious could shoot lasers from his eyes to any distance, he was still hanging there, using his LONG arm and LARGER body to stay up there for much longer than 5 seconds.

google says 12.5 (which is shorter than a f-16 btw)
    the x-wing is pretty small.

always assume wikipedia is wrong. ive seen so many false facts there about anything, including historical facts.

4. BlueYogurt

BlueYogurt Jedi Master star 4

Aug 26, 2021
    "Plywood is never an example." I like that. I think I'm going to use that saying in daily life. A ton of feathers, still weighs a ton, though.

FightoftheForgotten likes this.
  5. BlueYogurt

Aug 26, 2021
    Which just proves his point. Now, if it had only been 13.5 meters...

6. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    That's based on the West End Games roleplaying game, not on the actual movie props.

The 13.4m figure first appears after Rogue One, when the tie-in writers knew the exact size of the thing.

Regarding buses, Coach buses, City buses, etc average less than 12 m.

When I google, I get:

Coach Buses have average lengths of 39’4” (12 m)

City | Transit Buses have average lengths of 39’2” (11.95 m)

BlueYogurt likes this.
  7. Sidious69

Sidious69 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 19, 2004

I was talking about his FIRST LIGHTNING read my post.

You know when Sidious said, “NOW YOU WILL EXPERIENCE THE FULL POWER OF THE DARKSIDE!”

YODA was KNOCKED THE F. OUT for at least 5 or more seconds.

What can Sidious do in seconds you say??

Ummm He OBLITERATED 3 Jedi Masters who are in the Council members IN MERE SECONDS. He could have easily ended a SLEEPING YODA right there.

But his overconfidence takes place and instead he waited for Yoda to wake up so he can rub his accomplishments on his face that lead to Yoda Force Pushing him.

8. cantthinkofone

Apr 6, 2020
    than what do you declare canon ?
    buying the rights of a product, doesnt make you the creator of the world.

akira toriyama does not own dragon ball z, and yet the canon stuff are only his works or stuff he approved.

GL not only had nothing to do with disney's star wars, he doesnt like them. if they made sense i would maybe be willing to accept it in some form, but it doesnt. its a mess with bad continuity. the christmas star wars is better, and im not even christian.

9. FightoftheForgotten

FightoftheForgotten Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 19, 2020
    The OT and PT films, all of TCW, and everything that Disney has done. Because I exist in the real world and not some fantasy world I've concocted in my own head.

It doesn't retroactively make Disney the original creator, no. But they are the creator now. They literally bought it.

Listen, if you want to say you only recognize the stuff that Lucas did, then does that mean you only recognize the first six films and TCW? Or do you also recognize the old EU as well? See, you have to make these things apparent ahead of time, not default to that after the fact once someone proves you wrong.

You might not like it, but the image below is canon. It just is. You're going to have to get over that.
    [​IMG]

BlueYogurt likes this.
  10. cantthinkofone

Apr 6, 2020
    i never said i considered the EU canon. i liked some of the stuff there, but liking doesnt change the fact that for GL it was just licensing. extra free cash. GL made money from the EU by not doing anything. genius.

but when it comes to storytelling, the one who created everything (especially the prequels, where everything is GL) and was heavily involved with empire, its him. there is no star wars without him, and the stuff that comes from others feels like stuff drawn by a 5-years old.

when its c%^$, that had absolutely no connection to george, its not star wars. disney ignored intentionally the prequels and anakin skywalker, even though its the story of anakin skywalker !

*sorry for the language/attitude. its just annoys me when people see it as equal to georgis stuff just because it got the label "star wars".

superman is a different story. he has a kryptonian biology and it works completely different.
    superman's cells are like a battery. he has alot of "juice" in him because of long exposure to the yellow sun. so as long as he is under the yellow sun, he can fly forever. and if has shadow above him, he is running on solar power he still has in him (which is alot). flight doesnt cause him to waste more energy, shooting beams from his eyes does though.
    now if he is exposed to red sun, he will not have superpowers at all.
    but his power is not levitation. his power is flight. because he can move freely to any distance.

11. BlueYogurt

Aug 26, 2021
    Well, my brain hurts. Anything else? By the way, you never explained why all the instances of GL canon levitation I cited, don't count as levitation.

12. cantthinkofone

Apr 6, 2020
    well you mentioned superman and tried to say he will fall eventually...

and regarding levitation-
    i did.
    they arent levitating. they are gliding. big difference (shown with a gif)

13. BlueYogurt

Aug 26, 2021
    No, I never mentioned Superman. I think you missed my post. It's the last one, on page 7 of this thread.

14. cantthinkofone

Apr 6, 2020
    oh that.
    well, as i said in a previous post. they are levitating stuff, for a limited period of time. but never themselves.

15. BlueYogurt

Aug 26, 2021
    Your definition of levitation is rather unique. Why does WHAT they're levitating matter?

FightoftheForgotten likes this.
  16. Dandelo

Dandelo SW and Film Music Interview Host star 10 VIP - Game Host

Aug 25, 2014
    uhhm, eh? wha? come again?

where are your sources?

17. cantthinkofone

Apr 6, 2020
    oh ok im sorry.
    alternate universe (nice words for "we recognize its a dump and we are going for a do-over with our new future high republic films)

although i did see rumors it will feature woke politics. so ... expect another failure if its true.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2021
  18. cantthinkofone

Apr 6, 2020
    no, my definition is accurate.
    it sounds to me you simply dont know what levitation is...

levitating stuff (causing something to rise up in the air and not falling down using some sort of mystical or trickery) IS different than to yourself. i dont know how you cant see it.

19. Iron_lord

Sep 2, 2012
    You can't glide without wings. Gliding, of the nonmagical kind, requires lots of surface area.

Dooku went up, forward, then slowly down to the ground in the gif. That's not gliding - that's somewhere between levitating himself, and outright flying.

20. BlueYogurt

Aug 26, 2021
    I assure you, I do. From Merriam - Webster; levitation; the rising or lifting of a person or thing by means held to be supernatural.

Dandelo likes this.
  21. cantthinkofone

Apr 6, 2020
    so how else will you call it ? its not levitation because he doesnt rise up and stay up, he slowly goes down (like vader) and he doesnt fly.
    gliding is as close as i could get in this case. if you got other definition, be my guest but levitation, it is not.

yes he went up. so do i when i jump. and he went down slowly to look cool. if he could fly, he would fly to looker even cooler.

so you are saying i am correct?

22. BlueYogurt

Aug 26, 2021
    My brain hurts again. You claim that the Jedi are incapable of levitation. The definition clearly states that levitation is the rising or lifting of a person or thing, by means held to be supernatural. I've given multiple examples of the Jedi doing exactly that. How does this make you correct?

Dandelo likes this.
  23. christophero30

christophero30 Chosen One star 10

May 18, 2017
    Oh good let's debate levitation for the next 100 pages. :p

24. Dandelo

Dandelo SW and Film Music Interview Host star 10 VIP - Game Host

Aug 25, 2014
    to be fair, it's an important point to the topic.

After Yoda fell he looked up at Sidious a bit dazed as if to say 'welp, no way I can get back up there''

it's not like we are still reading pages about the Vader/Emperor scene in ESB that had NOTHING at all to do with the topic. :p

Looking at the Wook: Force Levitation is a thing both in Canon and Legends.

It's not something you can dismiss as irrelevant.

christophero30 and BlueYogurt like this.
  25. lord_sidious_

lord_sidious_ Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 19, 2019
    I didn't read the whole thread, but is the levitation issue even important? During the Senate meetings, the senators at the high/back seats got up there without levitating right? And Yoda can just jump his way up using the pods as stepping stones?

BlueYogurt likes this.