main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Wild Knights: Grasping an Ancient Fire (Obi-Wan, Siri, Garen) - Digital Specters/Completed 5/5

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by red rose knight, May 29, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nat

Nat Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 11, 2002
    Obi is just so sweet! Is it possible for someone like him to exist?
    Unfortunately I don't think so... :(
    Let's see where this is going to lead them. :)

2. PaddyJuan

PaddyJuan Jedi Master star 4

Nov 15, 2002
    awwwwwww

O.O

3. red rose knight

red rose knight Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2001
    Shaindl?So Yoda teaches the coordination of outfits, hmm? And Mace teaches Hairstyling 101, I presume? [color=FDEEF4]??[/color] LOL!! :D Another post for Roads is in the works [color=FDEEF4]??[/color] Whoo! Hoo!

obi ew?Another post for Roads is in the works [color=FDEEF4]??[/color] :D

dianethx?And now he's bought something that reminds him of Siri and something for Siri (unless he likes colorful scarves). [color=FDEEF4]??[/color] Why, don?t you think he would look good draped in purple and gold?

Sheila? I can see it now, Obi-Wan and Siri returning to the Temple from their mission without the lightsaber but loaded down with packages and bags from their shopping expedition to the outer rim. [color=FDEEF4]??[/color] As long as they bring the Council presents.

naw ibo?"No, masters, we didn't find the lightsaber...but look, we got this great deal on a Mon Calamari Seaweed Press!" [color=FDEEF4]??[/color] LOL!! [face_laugh]

PadawanKitara?Awww- that was too sweet. But for some reason, I don't think Siri will see it that way. [color=FDEEF4]??[/color] She is a little hard to read, who knows!

JadeSolo?Obi-Wan and Siri together are, dare I say it, cute...? Okay, not cute, but it feels like two old friends hanging out together with a little bit of UST and innuendo mixed in with their friendly banter. [color=FDEEF4]??[/color] Ooh, nice observation! [color=FDEEF4]??[/color] I think you've turned me into a Garen groupie/groper/grabber/gusher [color=FDEEF4]??[/color] Oh dear. 8-} Another one of them.

Nat?Let's see where this is going to lead them. [color=FDEEF4]??[/color] Probably into lots of trouble. ;)

Froggy? O.O [color=FDEEF4]??[/color] Oh no! Big froggy eyes!

4. red rose knight

Sep 3, 2001
    Chapter Twelve

Multicolored lights gave a warm glow to the atmosphere of the small diner on the outskirts of the Bin?hai Market. Inside was mercifully warm allowing travelers and locals the comfort of shedding gloves to enjoy a meal.

At a narrow booth in the far corner sat two Jedi enjoying a light meal. Conversation was soft, unheard over the din of patrons enjoying a decent serving before returning to their work and ships.

?There was this café,? Siri began between mouthfuls of a layered nerf and vegetable sandwich, ?that made the best pappo stuffed nerf.? With a free hand she tried to describe the dish to her luncheon companion. ?These little orange fruits?they?re sweet?with the insides scooped out and filled with shredded nerf sautéed in some lovely sauce.? Without missing a beat, she bit into the corner of the green roll. ?Mmm.?

The warm lighting, gave gentle shadows across Obi-Wan?s face and offering a myriad of colors dancing in his eyes. He just sat there, quietly watching Siri devour her meal with barely a breath in between bites. Fearful that any attempt to do so and he would short a finger or two. Studying his own plate he poked at the pile of pickled urbi fruit next to the last few bites of his sandwich.

?It?s not going to crawl anywhere,? Siri mumbled between mouthfuls.

?One can hope.?

?What? You don?t like it?? she asked while reaching across the table and with her bare fingers, scooped up a helping of urbi fruit and stuffed some of it into her mouth. ?I thought you could eat anything.? Then crammed the rest of the stringy purple food into her mouth.

?Not urbi fruit.? The older Jedi made a face when he looked back down at the pile that stilled remained on his plate and wished Siri would help herself to the rest. It left a slight unsettled feeling in his stomach looking at the stringy fiber and seeds. ?At least not since Garen blew it out of his nose.?

Siri abruptly stopped eating and swallowed the mouthful with a loud gulp. Her bright blue eyes reflecting the unspoken shock. ?Was that before or after the incident with the Lugaberian berry juice??

?After.?

?You would think he would learn not to play with his food.? A light laugh escaped the female Jedi. ?Has Bant ever forgiven him for the juice incident??

?Not that I know of. She still refuses to treat him in the healing center. Even when he isn?t suffering from food poisoning.?

?It wasn?t like he drank enough of that stuff to sicken a dozen beings.? She laughed again.

Obi-Wan found he liked the sound. It was far better than the snarling personality she had adopted of late. ?Well, her face was covered purple splotches for over a week.?

Siri grinned before stealing another bit of urbi from his plate. ?Lugaberian juice stains terrible.?

Noting Siri?s longing look lingering on the pile of fruit, he pushed it toward her. ?More??

?Out of his nose, huh??

?He sounded like Maser Yoda for a week.?

Smiling, Siri traded the few remaining fried red roots for the pile of urbi fruit on his plate. Picking a small group of spongy purple, she finished it off quickly, pausing long enough to add, ?When I am on long missions, this reminds me of home.? She glanced away, looking a little embarrassed. ?I know sounds silly, but it grounds me.?

?Why? There is nothing at all silly about it. Sometimes we need to be reminded of who we are and the things that are important to us. It gives more meaning to why we serve, especially in these trying times.?

Siri stared at him for a moment, but when he did not further elaborate, she turned her attention elsewhere. Fishing into the folds of her draped cloak, she dug into one of the pouches on her utility belt and produced the blue focusing crystal.

Finding a free space near the center of the round table, she placed it for Obi-Wan to see.

The other Jedi looked from the gem to the pleased expressing glossing Siri?s face. ?Where??

?Eight credits,? she softly?but proudly?announced. ?Nearly six hours wondering the market, I spent eight credits and d

5. Shaindl

Shaindl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    ?At least not since Garen blew it out of his nose.?

"He sounded like Master Yoda for a week."

LOL! I hope we get the details of that at some point. They're going to be a handful when they all finally get together aren't they? I can't wait to find out what Janua is up to - there's something about her that just doesn't sit right. And why is Siri so agitated around her? Lovely work, Red, you've got me incredibly intrigued!

Shaindl

6. obi_ew

obi_ew Jedi Master star 5

Apr 14, 2002
    Wonderful banter between friends! :) Sounds like Garen may be the troublemaker of the bunch! ;)

7. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    Oh, Obi in purple and gold. Ahhhhh, yes. I cam picture that quite well, thank you.

Loved the whole eating off each other's plate thing. How romantic in an underhanded unconcious sort of way....

As for the Garen incident, I would also love to hear more! Those three must be the scourge of the Temple.

And the Twi'lek...what part does she play? And what does she really want besides Obi-Wan's lunch?

Looking forward to more...

8. naw ibo

naw ibo Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 18, 1999
    The plot is ever thickening. So now we have a name for them to follow up on. This Jannua is annoying but I'm interested in seeing what her story is(at least within this story :) ).

9. Flashbacca

Flashbacca Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2002
    oh man, Jedi at the Flea Market. [face_laugh]

red that was priceless!
    Now I have to wonder, how is Garen going to get away from the smugglers to meet up with the other two, or is he going to incorporate it into his personna?

Wonderful as always, Master :D

10. naw ibo

Mar 18, 1999
    I have a feeling "the other two" are going to end up coming to him in a manner of speaking. :)

11. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    That was hysterical, especially the bit about Garen blowing the fruit out of his nose. For a few minutes they sounded like a couple of 12 year olds.

It seems to be that Obi-Wan has oicked up on some of his masters habits including collecting pathetic life forms.

12. ObiLegolas

ObiLegolas Jedi Youngling star 3

May 15, 2002
    Loved the little chat Siri and Obi had. Very well written! Hope Garen gets there soon!

13. PaddyJuan

Nov 15, 2002
    love the banter about bant and garen.

14. red rose knight

Sep 3, 2001
    Shaindl?Lovely work, Red, you've got me incredibly intrigued! [color=FBB917]??[/color] :D Oh goodie.

obi ew?Sounds like Garen may be the troublemaker of the bunch! [color=FBB917]??[/color] Between these three, it probably depends on the day of the week who is the most trouble.

dianethx?Loved the whole eating off each other's plate thing. How romantic in an underhanded unconscious sort of way.... [color=FBB917]??[/color] For two people who are completely dedicated to the Order and are blinded by their duty, they do get along quite well. [color=FBB917]??[/color] And the Twi'lek...what part does she play? And what does she really want besides Obi-Wan's lunch? [color=FBB917]??[/color] She wants something?.

Wookiee!?Now I have to wonder, how is Garen going to get away from the smugglers to meet up with the other two, or is he going to incorporate it into his personna? [color=FBB917]??[/color] Hmm?I don?t know.

naw ibo?I have a feeling "the other two" are going to end up coming to him in a manner of speaking. [color=FBB917]??[/color] :D

PadawanKitara?It seems to be that Obi-Wan has oicked up on some of his masters habits including collecting pathetic life forms. [color=FBB917]??[/color] Yup. :)

ObiLegolas?Hope Garen gets there soon! [color=FBB917]??[/color] Oh, he?s about?somewhere.

Froggy?love the banter about bant and garen. [color=FBB917]??[/color] :) A little reminiscing about better times.

Thank you everyone. :D Another post will be up this afternoon.

15. red rose knight

Sep 3, 2001
    Chapter Thirteen

Janua shifted in the back seat of the rented speeder. Pressing into the taped up front seat, she reached across the bench as fingers clasped the folds of Obi-Wan?s cloak. Her red painted lips brushed close to the Jedi?s ear. ?Almost there,? she purred.

Siri twisted about uncomfortably in the passenger seat. A spring was poking up through the seat. She shifted again and quickly stole a glance toward Obi-Wan at the speeder controls and his Twi?lek adornment. She softly scowled turning her attention back to the sea of white that surrounded them in every direction.

A turbulent ocean of thoughts raged through her, all of them demanding dominance even as she struggled to calm her mind. The Jedi knew she was agitated and felt helpless to seek out the answer, every sound or move that troublemaking Twi?lek made drug her further from her center.

Reaching up, Obi-Wan grasped Janua?s wandering hand as it trailed across his chest and placed it back on the bench seat.

Undeterred, red skinned fingers casually trailed over Obi-Wan?s chest, lightly playing with the layers of material that protected him from the bitter cold. Her long digits slipped into the folds of material pressing against warm flesh.

Siri abruptly cleared her throat slightly startling Janua. ?How much further??

Taking his hand from the controls once more, the ginger haired Jedi grasped the hand buried in his tunic and placed it back on the seat.

A pouting sigh was the Twi?lek?s only answer. Then suddenly, Janua called out as she pointed to a large blue post rising out of the snow, ?There!?

?What is it?? the female Jedi asked squinting into the sea of white. There was nothing but the post as far as she could see.

?A marker post,? was the young woman?s short reply. ?Go left. It will take us to the edge of the sea.? When Siri made no more comment, the Twi?lek made a soft purring sound as she drew her fingers in little circles along Obi-Wan?s shoulder.

Silently, he obeyed the directions, guiding the speeder along the edge of the Iced Sea. ?How much farther??

?Soon.?

Siri twisted. Sharp blue eyes raking over Janua, hoping to drive the bothersome creature back into her seat. The little beast didn?t answer when she asked the same question first.

Janua?s dark eyes met hers and were not impressed. She offered up a mocking grin as if aware of the emotions turning within the Jedi.

Turning her attention back to the snow and ice, Siri tried to calm down. Closing her eyes, she allowed a deep exhale. Every shift of the Twi?lek ground on her, reminding her that she had just invaded. They didn?t have time to humor her. This mission was important, or at least someone thought it was. Experience told her that a creature like this was never to be trusted. Janua was playing a game, lulling them into believing she is nothing but innocent and helpful and then when they let their guard down?.

She would never let her guard down.

This Janua would never be given the benefit of the doubt and she was completely dumbfounded that Obi-Wan would allow her to lead them across this miserable world. She could be leading them into a trap for all anyone knew.

Looking to Obi-Wan again, her gaze sought out his weary expression and wondering if he had gone soft in the head after years of training that padawan of his. Humoring Janua was hardly the actions of the padawan she had known. This was more in line something his master would have done.

It seemed she learned something new everyday.

Turning to face Janua, she asked, ?What do you know about this Dug??

?Grouchy old thing,? the Twi?lek said, barely drawing her attention from Obi-Wan. ?Likes no one unless you are bringing lots of credits.?

Typical dealer. Burying her gloved hands in the folds of her cloak sleeves, Siri folded her arms across her chest. ?Tell me something I don?t know.?

?You don?t act very Jedi-like.?

Out of the corner of her eye, Siri caught a brief smile grace Obi-Wan?s lips before being hidden by his usual staid e

16. Shaindl

Shaindl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    Poor Obi to be stuck between two women who are such polar opposites of one another. Still don't trust that Janua - I'll be interested to see who lies underneath the persona.

Great work, Red!

Shaindl

17. obi_ew

obi_ew Jedi Master star 5

Apr 14, 2002
    Hum.Can't be jealousy can it? [face_plain]

18. JadeSolo

JadeSolo Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2002
    hehehe. I definitely think it's jealousy. And Ben'al Houk! Do we get to hear more about Obi-Wan's ancestor? [face_hopeful]

Just remembered something--I wonder what Ekaro's "Xim witch" is up to [face_mischief] Oh, and is Lugiberian berry juice the same as Lobigarian from TLTP?

19. PaddyJuan

Nov 15, 2002
    someone's jealous

someone's jealous

snicker

"i'm not your padawan"

bet he was thinking if she was, he'd have her over his knee for a well deserved spanking by now

20. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    Loved that Obi-Wan has adopted Qui-Gon's habits of picking up pathetic lifeforms.

Was highly amused by the byplay of hands - back and forth between Obi's chest and the speeder seat...LOL. I wouldn't have minded the journey myself!!

Siri is more annoyed than you would expect - maybe she's jealous of all the attention the Twi'lek is getting...wanted or not!

What's with Twi'leks? Do they have some hormonal problem that makes them soooo interesting in touching things that don't belong to them?

Oh, and PaddyJuan - Obi better not give Siri a spanking. She might like it!

21. ObiLegolas

ObiLegolas Jedi Youngling star 3

May 15, 2002
    Poor, poor Obi. Also poor Siri. Although it would be much less irritating to her if she would learn to relax a bit! :D Great post, RRK!

Hope for more soon!

22. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    Bena'l Houk is Obi"s ancestor? The one where Bali saw the tape of him being killed?

23. naw ibo

Mar 18, 1999
    That's the one. I really particularly liked that part of the Paths story. :)

What's with Twi'leks? Do they have some hormonal problem that makes them soooo interesting in touching things that don't belong to them?

LOL!

Extremely entertaining post, RRK. Siri really needs to chill(you'd think it'd be easy on that icy planet ;) ), she's going to the youngest Jedi ever to have a stroke if she keeps on like this. Wonder what her blood pressure is like when she heads to the healers for that yearly check-up? :)

I don't think Obi-Wan's gotten soft in the head. I'm sure he hasn't let his guard down with regards to the Twi'Lek but sometimes you have to go that way--I mean even if she is walking them into a trap, it's the only real lead they've got AND it also means they must be hitting the right nerves.

24. Flashbacca

Flashbacca Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2002
    Obi-Wan at the speeder controls and his Twi?lek adornment

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] Oh that was priceless!

and I must admit I would not mind being Obi's Wookiee adornment :p :D

I have a feeling that Obi's haggling abilities are about to be put to the test ;)

25. Nat

Nat Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 11, 2002
    I loved this post. It's fascinating all the things you can deduce from their respective behaviours.

I don't think Siri's jealous, I myself would be annoyed with Janua. She keeps ignoring her and she's so despising. I'm sure there's more to this girl than what meets the eye and Obi-Wan must know it. He'll probably remain calm and lenient as long as necessary to get what he wants.

I also liked how Siri compared him with Qui-Gon. Our Obi may not even be aware of it.

And the mention of Ben'al Houk...
    All this is really interesting!

I can't wait for Garen to join the party! ...Sorry. [face_blush]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.