main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Wild theory: Anakin's Force ghost falls back to the dark side after ROTJ

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by Lt. Hija, Mar 24, 2016.

1. Lt. Hija

Lt. Hija Jedi Master star 4

Dec 8, 2015
    darth-sinister wrote

That's not what he was saying. He's saying that Yoda will always live on in Luke and not just because he's a ghost. It's the same way you hear that someone else will always be with you when they die. They will always live on in your heart so long as you don't forget them.

He did say "Yoda will always be with you" or did he not?

Of course, I wouldn't exclude the possibility that it's a figure of speech, but then why does Kenobi exclude himself and just doesn't say "We will always be with you"?

Darth_Pevra

I understand the necessity of evil so everyone is able to determine its counterpart ("good"). Other than that, please elaborate further. Are we now supposed to embrace a "Shadow philosophy" (a la Babylon 5) where the survival of the fittest outweighs all other considerations?

2. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    I think that "evil" is now represented by imbalance (Snoke & Kylo Ren & every Sith ever). They use the dark side without the compassion from the light, this causes destruction and suffering. It's an easy enough idea that I think is translatable to the big screen.

3. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    Because Yoda has been the one who was training Luke and Luke feels that he still needs his guidance, especially if he confronts the Sith. It's like in "Rocky III", when Rocky thinks that he cannot fight Clubber Lang without Mickey in his corner. He was too scared to go out there without him. He had relied on him too much. So when Rocky loses, he does so because he is afraid and thinks that he cannot fight without him. When he has his rematch, Rocky realizes that he doesn't need Mickey's help. Nor does he really need Apollo's. He's faced his fear and comes up with a strategy to allows him to win the fight.

When did he say this?

4. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    No. One can only retain their spirit in the Force through complete selflessness. To do something with the end goal of power is not selflessness, therefore it's impossible. Force spirits are the opposite of the dark side.

Also, it would completely destroy the point of the saga (I-VI).

Sarge likes this.
  5. Darthman92

Darthman92 Force Ghost star 6

Feb 24, 2016
    Well if they wanted to kick the "cripple's last crutch" out from under them so to speak by making it so that the OT heroes literally achieved absolutely nothing, Anakin's redemption being the one last thing they seem to have going for 'em on some level after everything else that got mucked up, than sure.