main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion will Anakin & Padme Be there for Luke & Leia for support in Ep. 7 like obi-won in ep 5 to 6

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by SkywalkerJedi02, Jul 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SkywalkerJedi02

SkywalkerJedi02 Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 3, 2013
    What I Mean is you could have Anakin there to support Luke while he is trying to rebuild the jedi and Padme there to help Leia in her political efforts.

Mav Edit: Seeing as how this is mostly a thread talking about Force Ghost Anakin, I'm going to lock and redirect to the Force Ghost Anakin thread.

2. Seagoat

Seagoat Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2013
    I expect Anakin's ghost to appear, no doubt played by Hayden reprising his role. But Padme... no. No, she wasn't Force sensitive, nor did she ever learn the secret to becoming a Force Ghost. At most from her, I'd expect to see maybe holograms, or flashbacks, or maybe Anakin just hearing her voice in his head or something.

3. ConnorLovesPadme

ConnorLovesPadme Jedi Youngling

Jul 9, 2013
    I'd expect Anakin to with Luke but I doubt Padme will.

4. anakincol

anakincol Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 28, 2009
    I think Anakin as a force ghost and Mcgregor aged to look more like Guinness are definitely possible. On the ROTS web docs they even showed how one of the artists actually did a composite of pictures of ewan and alec so they could get Ewan's look closer in the film and I think they could easily do it as the hardest parts of the face to match up actually are very close to matching on the two actors according to the web doc(Ewans nose, mouth and chin are apparently very close in shape and size to Alecs) they would probably have a much easier time with the cg then they did with Dooku and Palps during the Prequels.

I doubt Padme. Portman has moved on from Star Wars and it never seemed like it was a big a deal to her as it was to Ewan Mcgregor and Hayden Christiansen

5. ConnorLovesPadme

Jul 9, 2013
    I wouldn't say Natalie's moved on from Star Wars but the idea of her returning as a ghost, hologram or the force doesn't seem understandable as she never really had the force to begin with.

6. Ganger

Ganger Force Ghost star 4

Dec 9, 1999
    FOR THE LOVE OF GOD PLEASE NO.

Really.

Sean Sinclair and Toonimator like this.
  7. Toonimator

Toonimator Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2006
    Padme was not a Jedi, not strong with the Force, and was a terrible, horrible, no-good, very-bad mother. So no, she won't be around to help anyone.

Anakin, while being a terrible, horrible, no-good, very-bad father, at least had the decency to save his son from his evil master, ensuring his demise in the process and freeing the galaxy from the tyranny of the Sith. Thanks to the help of his Jedi Spirit buddies, he got to achieve immortality as a ghost...

...but while he COULD appear in the films, I'm not sure he necessarily SHOULD. Basically I think it's a toss-up between him and Yoda appearing as spirits. They MIGHT, but it's been at least 30 years... unless it's imparting some knowledge of the new threat based on information that they'd learned back when they were in their 'crude matter' state, or just a general "Luke, thru the netherworld of the Force we've sensed a disturbance... a new threat is looming" kinda warning. Most information, history, advice, etc would've probably been given to Luke in the first decade or two following ROTJ--not 30-40 years later.

8. GoJohnnyGo

GoJohnnyGo Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 19, 2012
    I think Jar Jar will return as a force ghost...

9. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    IDK...my gut just tells me that Disney isnt going to want Hayden being in SW7 to avoid fanboy controversy. I mean we've heard of them apparantly avoiding certain actors in hopes to avoid "Fanboy outrage" I can see them avoiding bringing Hayden back. I can see them viewing bringing him back as "tainting the sequel trilogy with a bad part of the prequels" (cue fans yelling at me and saying how wonderful hayden was). now if they go for older Anakin (like get an older actor who resembles the original ROTJ dude) then sure I can see him showing up but I HIGHLY doubt it will be Hayden

Now Portman....incredibly unlikely and I doubt they will call her back. IMO Star Wars sequel trilogy has more important things to worry about than which characters can make a cameo. IDK if the characters should just return to give exposition........also everybody keeps assuming it will be Luke who talks to the force ghosts when I wouldn't be suprised if its the new hero who we see interacting with the force ghosts the most.

10. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    If it's important to the story I would definitely want to see Anakin return as a Force ghost. Don't just shove him in there for no reason but I think his legacy will still be felt in these films and I can see how his Force ghost can play into that. Padme on the other hand isn't a Jedi so no I don't think she'll return as a Force ghost. However, I would love a little nod to her character like a hologram or something like that.

darthfettus2015 likes this.
  11. ConnorLovesPadme

Jul 9, 2013
    I'd melt in my seat if we get to see Portman again.

12. Toonimator

Toonimator Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 16, 2006
    I'd be fine with that, tho in that case I'd prefer Yoda be the ghost who gets to chat up the new kid(s). When Luke eventually dies--and I'd prefer him going out like Yoda, from old age & weariness, beyond the ST, rather than the utterly predictable & boring Qui-Gon/Obi-Wan way in VII--I expect his spirit will hang around to guide either the new 'leader(s)' of the Jedi and/or the new hero of the Sequel-Sequel Trilogy or whatever. But for the ST itself, Yoda alone might be best, provided they make him look like the OT puppet, not the 'younger' PT CG model.

13. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    I don't want either.

Padme would make no sense since she isn't able to be a ghost and Luke never met his father at a young age so Hayden shouldn't be there.
    McGregor as Obi Wan only in old holograms that Luke finds or something, otherwise continuity gets screwed up again.

14. ThatsNoPloKoon

ThatsNoPloKoon Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 24, 2013
    I think I might have to add seeing Hayden force ghost Anakin to the things that would make you walk out of EPVII thread.

Darth Claire likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.