main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Will Anakins Redemtion be predictable?

Discussion in 'Star Wars Saga In-Depth' started by Master_Destiny, Apr 6, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Master_Destiny

Master_Destiny Jedi Youngling

Apr 6, 2004
    When the films are watched in their correct order of: 1-6, will Anakin's eventual redemtion in ep.6, be more predictable, now that we know he was once an angel?

2. Darth_Dagsy

Darth_Dagsy Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 18, 2000
    Angel? You mean a Jedi?

Because we always knew he was a Jedi. Ben and Yoda both made it clear.

Ben: "Your father, who was a pupil of mine before he turned to evil...."

Yoda: "Youe father. Powerful Jedi was he"

3. Ranic

Ranic Jedi Youngling

Oct 4, 2003
    I think it might be predictable seeing as how Star Wars seems to be the stereotypical battle between good and evil.

4. MariahJade2

MariahJade2 Former Fan Fiction Archive Editor star 5 VIP

Mar 18, 2001
    I think it depends on how GL handles Episode III. Will we see Anakin choosing evil of his own will, having all the facts and without undue influence or will he be portrayed as a victim of circumstance, doomed and manipulated by the world around him?

If he's the latter than his sacrifice at the end can be predicted but if he's ambitious and bitter and controlling then it becomes less so.

5. Darth-Seldon

Darth-Seldon Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 17, 2003
    I think it will still be hard to predict, after seeing Anakin be evil in III, ANH, TESB and ROTJ. I think the audience will not think he will ever be good again.

I think the PT makes Luke's turn very predictable. The audience would not expect Luke to choose the same path as Anakin or the PT and OT would be the same story repeated.

I think the audience will assume that Luke defeats all evil, Vader turning back would be a sudden twist.

-Seldon

6. Kingpin

Kingpin Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 21, 2002
    I don't think that the films have to be watched 1-6. Even if you do the experience isn't taken away from.

7. fosh-bantus88

fosh-bantus88 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 27, 2003
    thats why its better to jump into ep4.

watching them in order makes everything in the OT predictable. and by the time you get to anh, you will be bored with its relative slow pace, and explainations that were ment to benefit those who had no knowledge about the GFFA.

8. Yazid_Skywalker

Yazid_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 10, 2002
    who cares whether his redemption wud be predictable or not. we already know wad happens. :D

9. Kingpin

Kingpin Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 21, 2002
    watching 4-6 and then waiting twenty something years and then watching 1-3 has to be the best way. it can be viewed as more of a legend that you get to know the history to that way.

10. DamonD

DamonD Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 22, 2002
    "Okay kids, you can watch three of them now, but then you have to wait 20 years to see the other three. Okay?"

j/k ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.