main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation Will Episodes X-XII and or the further adventures of Rey etc. be announced at Celebration in 2019?

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by MillenniumFalcon2015, Mar 5, 2018.

?

Should Episodes X-XII or further adventures of Rey and co. for 2027+ be announced at Celebration?

Poll closed May 24, 2018.
  1. Yes

17 vote(s)
    26.6%
  2. No

49 vote(s)
    76.6%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gamma626

Gamma626 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 6, 2014
    There will not be a 10-12. The skywalkers are all dead now. Kinda seems dumb to make more skywalker films without skywalkers.

Daisy being done is a minor concern. I can't imagine she'll say no in the long run. If Disney wants something, they'll find a way to get it.

We'll see more films with these characters. Maybe by 2030. Not anytime soon though.

2. Darth_Bertie

Darth_Bertie Force Ghost star 6

Mar 30, 2014
    If they keep Kylo alive after IX, they can still make more Skywalker movies.

I can't see any announcement anytime soon. With alll that is coming, the Skywalkers are going to be on the waiting list for a long time IMO.

3. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    Not sure the best place to ask this is but do you all think that years down the road we're going to get Star Wars movies featuring the children of Rey, Finn, Kylo, and/or Poe?

4. Mostly Handless

Mostly Handless Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 11, 2017
    I don't think they'll announce any post-ST Skywalker saga movies at Celebration 2019. As others have said the Skywalkers seem to be reaching the natural conclusion of their story arc, and it seems silly to have a 'Skywalker' saga with no Skywalkers.

It's definitely possible that we'll see movies about the ST gang in the future, but with the slew of stuff that has been announced recently (RJ's new trilogy, GoT guys, Favreau's TV show, Simon Kinberg's 'Tin Can' production) it seems as though LFL has enough on their plate for the immediate future.

5. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    That’s my guess too. Seems like we won’t see Rey and Co. for a while if ever again.

Mostly Handless likes this.
  6. Mostly Handless

Feb 11, 2017
    ^^^IMO there is a possibility of seeing Rey/Finn/Rose/Poe in anthology films, but if this happens I suspect we're talking about a decade from now. For the time being at least, if their story is continued, it will probably be in novels/comics.
    But yeah, I think the 'Skywalker saga' format will be phased out after IX.

Deerborne, ChrisLyne and EHT like this.
  7. ChrisLyne

ChrisLyne Force Ghost star 4

Oct 29, 2002
    Got to agree here. Even if X-XII happen there's no way it's announced at Celebration.

The main focus of Celebration 2019 will be IX and (assuming it's launching with the streaming service that year) Favreau's TV series. The Future Films panel (or panels) will focus on RJ's trilogy, B&W's series and the future of the standalone "Star Wars Stories" (Kenobi being the main focus if it comes in 2020 as rumoured/speculated).

Personally I think the Skywalker Saga should end with IX. A trilogy of trilogies as intended. We can still have more adventures with the new cast (a live action series, some Story movies, animated series, etc), they just don't need to be part of the episodic saga anymore. We're moving into new eras and adventures now. Plus a Skywalker movie without (potentially) a Skywalker or John Williams? It just doesn't feel right.

8. MillenniumFalcon2015

MillenniumFalcon2015 Jedi Master star 3

Aug 18, 2013
    Yes we will get movies with the children of Rey,Poe and Finn and they will be called Episodes X-XII and they will be out likely in 2027 the 50th anniversary of Star Wars A New Hope!!! A Star Wars Episode movie doesn't have to feature a Skywalker anymore. It can now feature Rey,Finn and Poe and their next generation and the legacy of the Skywalkers. So I still have hope that Episodes X-XII with the further adventures of Rey and co. will be announced for May or Christmas 2027. SW's golden anniversary.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2018
    IlhamKamaruddin likes this.
  9. IlhamKamaruddin

IlhamKamaruddin Jedi Master star 2

Nov 29, 2017
    With all these movies, shows and the huge expansion of the franchise.. I'm now hoping for Disney to open a standalone Star Wars theme park ( not Star Wars: Galaxy's Edge ) in San Francisco or as the 5th theme park in Walt Disney World. O:)

black_saber and ChrisLyne like this.
  10. Mostly Handless

Feb 11, 2017
    Agreed. People need to move away from the idea of this franchise as a 'family saga' IMO.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2018
    Deerborne and ChrisLyne like this.
  11. Ed_Fett_77

Ed_Fett_77 Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 19, 2015
    Besides Kylo all the ST Characters are one Dimensional and Boring.
    Let the Skywalker Saga end with 9, and start something completely new.

Jaxxon- and black_saber like this.
  12. Felicia

Felicia Jedi Master star 3

Dec 3, 2012
    The fact that the Sequel trilogy characters being one dimensional has nothing to do with the characters themselves its the writing for the characters that is lacking. Golden opportunities to allow Rey to be connected to someone even if it was Ben Kenobi would have been better than what we have now. Yes I know Rey is too young to be Bens daughter but she could have least been if at all been connected to Sidious which is what I was actually hoping for. That would have been a twist no one would have seen coming.

bluealien1 likes this.
  13. MillenniumFalcon2015

Aug 18, 2013
    KK had mentioned the possibility of more adventures of Rey,Finn and Poe and BB-8 set after Episode IX. And I think I could and should happen. It might not be called Episodes X-XII but me and the website Cheat Sheet think it should be called Episodes X-XII. I would love to see Rey and Co. explore the Unknown Regions to find remnants of the First Order in 10-12. Unless the UR is explored in RJ's trilogy. No reason the UR can't be explored in both RJ's trilogy and Episodes X-XII.

14. black_saber

black_saber Force Ghost star 5

Apr 4, 2002
    Maybe we'll get new surprise announcements about early new movies and tv shows what the plans that are in the distant future. Stuff we don't know yet to come.

Unconfirmed movies and tv shows of star wars. 2019 convention

Last edited: Mar 11, 2018
    MillenniumFalcon2015 likes this.
  15. Darth Nave

Darth Nave Jedi Master star 4

Dec 27, 2015
    I say wait at least 15 years to do anything else featuring the ST characters. There’s gonna be plenty of other stuff to keep us fans occupied after IX, and you gotta build hype for their return.

16. black_saber

black_saber Force Ghost star 5

Apr 4, 2002
    I like to also see a backstory of snokes rise to power in a standalone movie. "Snoke a Star Wars Story"

17. Oissan

Oissan Chosen One star 7

Mar 9, 2001
    "Golden opportunities", ha, since when does randomly adding a connection to another character define a golden opportunity?

There is nothing in such a connection that gives a character more depth than being a completely independent character does. Both options allow for depth, and there is depth in the characters right now. This isn't about depth, this is about you not getting what you want, which is something entirely different.

I don't really see how your "twist that no one would have seen coming" could in any way be defined as such, when all the ideas you mentioned had already been something people thought about.

18. MillenniumFalcon2015

Aug 18, 2013
    Do you think the films post-Episode IX should be called Episodes X,XI and XII? I still think Episode X should come out in 2027 at least to celebrate the golden anniversary of SW. What better way to celebrate the golden half century milestone anniversary of the SW saga than with a new episode of the saga but this time with Rey,Finn,Poe,BB-8,even Rose and the Falcon and maybe the Unknown Regions.

19. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    We need to get started on discussion about episodes XX, XXI, and XXII soon. :p

Seriously, though... to my earlier point, I don't personally want any more numbered episodes after Episode IX.

20. Darth Dnej

Darth Dnej Jedi Master star 4

Apr 27, 2013
    I hope not. If we do get Episodes X-XII (which I feel is inevitable) I hope X doesn't come out until at least 2029. Hopefully past that even. I also don't want an Star Wars film every year. I really hope it doesn't become like the MCU where they release 2-3 films a year.

I don't want a clear confirmation of further stories of Rey, unless it's a TV show.

21. FiveFireRings

FiveFireRings Jedi Master star 4

Nov 26, 2017
    I'd love to see another Saga Trilogy, whenever. I think we need to stop thinking of the "Numbered Saga" as "The Skywalker Saga" and more like "The Big Important Force-Related and War-Related Things That Drive The History of the GFFA and Have a Continuing Throughline of Characters Saga", although, that being sort of unwieldy, we could take the radical step of calling it "The Star Wars Saga" and everything else "Star Wars Stories". I best somebody feels silly for dropping the ball and not doing that from the beginning. Oh, wait...

22. Felicia

Dec 3, 2012
    Its not called "randomly adding a connection to another character" Its called building a connection. Its called good writing. Does Maz Kenatas castle ring a bell? Ben Kenobi contacted her as well as Yoda. As Cannon goes a force ghost can only appear to someone who they have had some type of connection to. Since Johnson couldn't explain away why Kenobi spoke to her he just ignored it the same as he did with the Knights of Ren. What we got was an unimaginative space chase. The Executor nearly ran down the Taintive IV now in the future First Order tech appears to have regressed they cant get close enough to get a good shot on the Resistance. Very lazy writing on the part of Johnson. For the record to reiterate my point Abrahms already made a "random connection with Yoda and Ben Kenobi. They were just ignored.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2018
  23. Oissan

Oissan Chosen One star 7

Mar 9, 2001
    Making a character connected to another character doesn't equal good writing, nor is it required to get good writing.

Johnson didn't ignore anything about Kenobi, or anyone else for that matter. Rey was experiencing a vision through the force, the force isn't limited to anything. Seeing how almost everything that was said in that vision wasn't spoken to Rey, it is rather ridiculous to suggest that she needed some sort fo connection to any of the people who said something. You are seeing things that simply aren't there. Rey experienced and heard things that already happened. If you are oh so desperate to find a connection, maybe look at the fact that Rey just touched Anakin's and Luke's old lightsaber, and everything but one line was said to those two. Yoda didn't contact Rey, Rey merely heard things he said in the past. Unless you want to suggest that Yoda just repeats the same lines to her for some incomprehensible reason, and that long dead Palpatine, who most definately isn't around as a force ghost, still wanted to chime in as well. And while Obi Wan directly referred to her in one short line, that can just as well be the force talking through characters associated with the "medium" (here: the lightsaber). It most definately doesn't require a connection between Rey and any of the characters. JJ Abrams has also said that Rey's parents aren't of any particular importance, which kind of contradicts the idea that she was supposed to be connected to anyone famous.

What exactly does the beginning of ANH have to do with anything?
    These are completely different ships, decades after that other chase happens. How is there supposed to be any logic in that comparison? It's completely random and makes no sense at all. The resistance ships are of a completely different class than the Tantive IV, you can't just pretend that because a Star Destroyer was quick enough to hunt down that ship, that it would automatically be as quick as a completely different type of ship. Your logic amounts to "this race-car has won the competition once, for now on it can only be concluded that it would be good enough to win any other race for all of future as well".

Ah, there it is. The usual pathetic attempt of accusing someone of "lazy writing". When there isn't a proper argument to be made, but you are angry about something, just accuse the other of being lazy. The only thing lazy here is is your attempt to insult Johnson just because he did something you didn't like. There is absolutely nothing lazy about Johnson's writing, though if you prefer to be intellectually dishonest about it, you are free to think that. Seeing how JJ Abrams absolutely loved the script for TLJ, I'm pretty sure he doesn't consider it "lazy writing" either, or is somehow unhappy with what Johnson made out of what he gave to him.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2018
  24. Felicia

Dec 3, 2012
    I will touch on each one of your points one by one. To make characters connected is not good writing. That is true enough. Why do I care about these characters. Its been two movies and I barely know them. I don't know who Rey is and that's because she's "nobody". She has a connection to the force and its ok that she does but to say that she just automatically knows how to do everything and knows every phrase to use when using Jedi mind tricks just really makes no sense. It took Luke 3 movies to learn that. Is it wrong to give her something and make her more relatable?

What is ridiculous is that you just completely ignored Ben Kenobi saying "Rey these are your first steps." It is quite clear because he spoke to her by name. Why is Rey having visions about Luke Skywalker and Anakin Skywalker or the fight on the Death Star between Luke and Vader? There was clearly some attempt by Abrahms to connect them but since Johnson wanted to do his own thing all of it was thrown out. Ridley herself has stated that there was a treatment for Episodes eight and nine that were not used.

In regards to the Taintive IV and the Executor your expecting me to believe after thirty years that the First Order with all of the Empires technology and these ships that are twice the size of Empire ships and can track a ship through hyperspace can not blast through the shields of a ship that's the same size as the Taintive IV? They have a "Battering Ram Cannon" on Crate which Finn says is Death Star Technology. They can roll that around on Krate but they don't have it on a Dreadnaught which is clearly big enough to carry it and they just shoot lasers at the little resistance ship which cant penetrate its shields. Its laughable. They spend a good portion of the movie with Hux and his crew just looking at that resistance ship its a waste. Has Johnson ever seen a Star Wars movie? He claims he's a fan but why did it take so long to scramble their fighters. In every single Star Wars movie ALL OF THEM tie fighters are scrambled first. Even in Rogue One the tie fighters are scrambled. For a casual fan they may not see these glaring weaknesses but for someone who has watched these films since child hood and actually knows the story will see all of Johnsons plot holes.

Yes theres lazy writing you have one act with Hux and his crew looking at that small Resistance ship that entire sequence was a waste. Why didn't they just tell Poe what they were doing instead of making it seem like Poe was not smart enough to understand. Its lazy writing because he doesn't explain to us how Poe knows Maz Kenata or how she knows him. He wasn't there with Han or Rey or Chewie. Its lazy writing because Maz just lost her business and shes in a "Union Dispute" after losing her entire business. The last time we saw her the First Order was blowing up her place of business. This movie picks up right where The Force Awakens ended so its only been maybe a few days since all of that happened. Maz was an old friend of Hans not Poes... yes its lazy writing. How did Rey get back to Snokes ship and escape. We see her in a knockdown drag out fight and trying to take Lukes saber which breaks apart knocks her out. The next time we see her she's in the Falcon blowing stuff up. How did she get there? More lazy writing. The Last Jedi makes the prequel trilogy looks like a Master Piece.

In the prequel trilogy we got to see young Anakin progress from a boy to Darth Vader. In the Original trilogy we got to see Luke progress from farm boy to Jedi Knight. In this mess that Johnson has created there has been no progression at all. Rey has a few minutes of training and suddenly knows all she needs. Its laughable and more lazy writing. Its a disservice to Luke Skywalker the character. They could have cut out that Kanto Byte foolishness and spent more time with Luke training Rey.

Speaking of Kanto Byte they freed these animals and left the slave children there. Really Rian Johnson really? You freed the animals but left the children who are slaves. Give me a break. How do I know they are still enslaved on Kanto Byte because the little boy who holds the broom at the end is the same one who was in there with that animal when Rose was freeing the animals. Free the animals but leave the slaves. You so cleaver Rian Johnson. I will not be a Rian Johnson apologist. I love the Star Wars movies that George Lucas created. I love them all. The truth is Rian Johnson has destroyed just about everything that was loved about Star Wars.

Poor Admiral Ackbar fell victim to more lazy writing by Johnson. The leader of the team that led an assault on the Death Star just gets blown out of the ship dead.... by a smaller ship no doubt. Then you expect me to believe that a Dreadnaught cant blow up a Resistance Ship. Rian Johnson believes we will love that mess he made just because it has the Star Wars name on it. Sorry Rian everything you thought about the Star Wars fan base was wrong.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2018
  25. Fjall

Fjall Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2014
    maybe we will get episode x in 10 years.

MillenniumFalcon2015 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.