main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation Will Episodes X-XII and or the further adventures of Rey etc. be announced at Celebration in 2019?

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by MillenniumFalcon2015, Mar 5, 2018.

?

Should Episodes X-XII or further adventures of Rey and co. for 2027+ be announced at Celebration?

Poll closed May 24, 2018.
  1. Yes

17 vote(s)
    26.6%
  2. No

49 vote(s)
    76.6%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ChrisLyne

ChrisLyne Force Ghost star 4

Oct 29, 2002
    New threats would definitely be my preference for moving the franchise forward.

Force Smuggler and dekaneas like this.
  2. dekaneas

dekaneas Jedi Master star 3

Sep 14, 2014
    Correct me if I am wrong but there won't be any X-XII episodes.
    We are going to have :
    1.a brand new trilogy with all new characters in another,unexplored part of the galaxy and
    2.a new series of films made by GoT writers with no connections with the Skywalker Saga that ends with Episode IX.
    So no Rey,Finn and Co after IX.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

3. MillenniumFalcon2015

MillenniumFalcon2015 Jedi Master star 3

Aug 18, 2013
    Kathleen Kennedy confirmed there would be more movies with Rey,Finn and Poe and BB-8 after Episode IX. She didn't confirm they would be Episodes X-XII. But they will most definitely be and should be out most definitely in 2027 the golden anniversary of ANH.

4. JoJoPenelli

JoJoPenelli Chosen One star 6

Aug 14, 2000
    I think she just said more “stories,” right?

5. ewoksimon

ewoksimon Chosen One star 5

Oct 26, 2009
    No more adventures! I'm not going that way.

dekaneas likes this.
  6. ChrisLyne

Oct 29, 2002
    Constantly repeating this doesn't make it fact. I'm not saying you're wrong, but don't set yourself up for disappointment (look at what happened after TLJ).

All we know is they're thinking about new adventures for the ST heroes but there's plenty more options open to them than just X-XII;

A new trilogy or series of movies without numbering or with fresh numbering (eg New Jedi Order episodes 1-whatever)
    A live action TV series on Disney's streaming service (or multiple series that could crossover like Netflix's Defenders)
    Stand alone "Star Wars Story" movies

There's also the possibility of an animated series, novels and comics as well. I personally think they'd want to keep this live action but I could definitely see an animated series to fill in the blanks at some point.

Same for 2027. Yes, they will do something for the 50th, of course they will. And Episode X (if they decide to continue the Skywalker Saga) seems like a natural fit. But it's less than 10 years after IX, for a generational saga that's not really a big jump unless they intend to age up the cast with make up/CG. And again, it's not the only option. They could bring back the ST cast in a new trilogy/series/standalone. But it's the 50th of ANH, they could even do a standalone story (let's call it Legacy) of Luke's force ghost training broom boy and the next generation who were inspired by his legend, and yes the ST characters would likely appear here, especially Rey and (if he lives) Ben. Maybe it's the year we finally get Kenobi (joking, I hope!). Or they could just re-release ANH/release the unaltered OT in addition to whatever movie they release that year.

There's so many options.

7. IlhamKamaruddin

IlhamKamaruddin Jedi Master star 2

Nov 29, 2017
    Love your inputs there @ChrisLyne! My preference is still for another trilogy continuing with our main characters, but it doesn't have to be called as Episodes X-XII, just a new trilogy. :)

8. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    I think you just throw anything KK said a year ago in the bin. Like George would do and say, it's what was in Kathleen's mind back then, but that doesn't mean it's what she is thinking now... whatever Yoda's quote was about the Future....

And definitely don't commit anyone to anything for 2027.

Episode 10 will happen when/if the circumstances are right, whenever that may be. Maybe never.

Last edited: Mar 30, 2018
    ChrisLyne likes this.
  9. MillenniumFalcon2015

Aug 18, 2013
    It would be sad for me personally if Episodes X-XII didn't happen at all because 1. I want to see the further adventures of Rey and co.
    2.Star Wars and Roman Numerals go together like bacon and eggs and SW Episode X would be the greatest milestone ever to celebrate the 50th and golden anniversary of the greatest space opera of all time in 2027 either May or December.

ChrisLyne likes this.
  10. black_saber

black_saber Force Ghost star 5

Apr 4, 2002
    I would not only want Movies and TV shows about the old Republic, But Movies and TV shows about Mandorlorans, Can you Imagine regardless of the timeline since theres like thousand of years of history about them through out the Star wars universe ? :eek:

I still like to see which I did enjoy The last Jedi, Rian johnsons Star wars trilogy which is might take place outside the Star wars Lore that we are familiar with. Another Galaxy. Every Star wars logo before The movie starts does say " A Long Time ago, in a Galaxy far far away." If it where singular it would mean the. So there is more than one, and a lot of unknown Regions are more the just one place and locations as well.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2018
  11. Qui-Riv-Brid

Qui-Riv-Brid Force Ghost star 5

Apr 18, 2013
    I would think that with all they will be doing they will hold off on X-XII (if they do them at all) for at least a decade after IX.

12. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 8

Apr 6, 2018
    I hope IX is the conclusion of the Skywalker saga. All side stories (or new sagas) from then on.

ChrisLyne, Deerborne, Satipo and 2 others like this.
  13. black_saber

black_saber Force Ghost star 5

Apr 4, 2002
    I would like a post sequel trilogy 10 threw 12 of skywalker decendents and anthologizes movies based on new characters non skywalker related taking place after episode 9 and before episode 10 threw 12. There is a good chance of that happening too. still uncomfirmed

14. ComfortablyNunb

ComfortablyNunb Jedi Master star 3

Nov 21, 2015
    There will be an Episode X, XI, XII someday, but I don't think it should happen for at least 10 years. It should be something, ahem, truly special. In fact, I think SWNN said as much in a major leak report last year.

KK already said they have ideas for more movies involving Rey, Finn and Poe (Kylo was not mentioned, possibly to avoid spoilers), but to me, that sounded like standalone films. I really love the idea of "checking in" with our new heroes every 3-4 years for smaller-scale adventures and then setting the next episodic trilogy 50-100 years into the future with the galaxy once again in peril. Let's give Rey and Co. some peace and quiet to rebuild the new Jedi order.

At Celebration, I just want basic announcements about Benioff & Weiss's films (e.g. "We'll be covering the Old Republic era") and Favreau's TV series (e.g. "It's about the criminal underworld between 6 & 7"), and yes, a formal Obi-Wan standalone announcement from Ewan, Daldry and the writer(s).

15. Mungo Baobab

Mungo Baobab Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 2, 2014
    New stories from now on, please.

Deerborne, EHT and Bor Mullet like this.
  16. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    I vote for all. Saga + new + old jedi vs sith

Glitterstimm likes this.
  17. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    :p

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 18, 2018
    Deerborne, EHT and Alien Vanguard like this.
  18. MillenniumFalcon2015

Aug 18, 2013
    Should Episodes X-XII be set 50-100 years after Episode IX and be out around 2029-2030 and adventures with Rey,Finn and Poe and even BB-8 and Rose be smaller in scale and be around 2027? That would also work. I hear that Rian Johnson's trilogy will be set thousands of years before ANH and be set in the Unknown Regions and feature the war between the Chiss and the Yuuzhan Vong. That's a trilogy worth making along with the Old Republic trilogy with Benioff and Weiss and then Episodes X-XII either with older Rey,Finn and Poe set 50 years after Episode IX or X-XII set 100 years after Episode IX with a new Jedi Order trained by Rey.

19. mattman8907

mattman8907 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2012
    when was this confirmed?

20. Satipo

Satipo Force Ghost star 7

Mar 29, 2014
    Agreed, although depending on the fates of the main players in 9, I wouldn't mind them revisiting Rey's adventures further down the line.

Bor Mullet and Deerborne like this.
  21. MillenniumFalcon2015

Aug 18, 2013
    SWNN announced there would be a fourth Skywalker trilogy down the line but not till after SW takes a break from making more movies. But now that Rian Johnson and Benoiff and Weiss are making their own trilogies. Episodes X-XII will come out right after those trilogies. So I suspect that KK and LFL will announce 3 trilogies at Celebration 2019. RJ's trilogy set in the Unknown Regions coming out from 2023,2025 and 2027 while Benoiff and Weiss'trilogy will come out in 2024,2026 and 2028 and then Episodes X,XI and XII continuing the adventures of Rey,Finn and Poe and/or the Skywalker legacy from 2029,2031 and 2033 set 50-100 years after Episode IX.

22. Oissan

Oissan Chosen One star 7

Mar 9, 2001
    You still haven't given one single reason as to why such an announcement should come. They have never put the focus of a Celebration on more movies than necessary. They also wouldn't announce something ten years in advance, especially since it would hurt the own hype and marketing for that trilogy. You don't shoot yourself in the own foot by announcing that something will come out in ten years (they couldn't even know for sure if everyone involved will be around at that time), when you can just wait until much closer to release and go "look who will be back!". Things get announced when they are coming up soon, as in, preliminary work has already started or will start in the near future. Any possible fourth trilogy that starts in 2029 wouldn't even start preliminary work for another six or seven years at that point. With such a timeline, that's not something they would even think about mentioning at any point in the near future. For such a trilogy, with that date set, you'd be looking at an announcement in 2024-2025 at the earliest.

Not to mention that if you want to continue the adventures of Reyn, Finn and Poe, things wouldn't move 50-100 years into the future, as that would mean recasting them, which defeats the entire purpose ;)

Darth_Bertie, EHT and ChrisLyne like this.
  23. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000
    Give it twenty years before they make X. Then Daisy and Adam would be the right age to play the parents of the next Skywalker generation.

24. Deerborne

Deerborne Jedi Master star 3

Oct 15, 2015
    It really doesn't seem like they're concerned about making more saga films right now. JJ saying, in his mind, IX feels like an end to the saga, combined with the fact that we now have a whole new RJ trilogy and series of movies from D&D coming, makes me think they're trying to move on to new things.

That being said, I wouldn't be surprised if they brought back Rey, Finn, Poe, Rose, etc. in 20 or 30 years (whether it would be "episode X" or just an unrelated story) but I definitely don't see them announcing that so far in advance.

ChrisLyne likes this.
  25. ChrisLyne

Oct 29, 2002
    This right here is the best example of why they won't announce X-XII at Celebration next year. Let's assume that what SWNN reported was 100% accurate at the time. It's been what, a year? Now we have a new trilogy coming, a new series of movies coming and the creative team of IX saying they view it as the conclusion of the saga. Things change.

They're not going to publically to commit to X-XII in 2019 for releases starting in 2027 even if that is the plan behind closed doors.

Where are you getting this from? Sure lots of people have speculated that Benioff and Weiss might do Old Republic era but I've never even heard speculation, never mind substantive rumours, that Johnson's trilogy will be about the Chiss and the Yuuzhan Vong.

If they've your own opinions/what you'd like the movies to be about that's great (and Chiss vs Yuuzhan Vong could be kinda cool) but please don't present them as actual facts without backing them up.

Darth_Bertie and EHT like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.