main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation Will Episodes X-XII and or the further adventures of Rey etc. be announced at Celebration in 2019?

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by MillenniumFalcon2015, Mar 5, 2018.

?

Should Episodes X-XII or further adventures of Rey and co. for 2027+ be announced at Celebration?

Poll closed May 24, 2018.
  1. Yes

17 vote(s)
    26.6%
  2. No

49 vote(s)
    76.6%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MillenniumFalcon2015

MillenniumFalcon2015 Jedi Master star 3

Aug 18, 2013
    It was presented as possible fact on YouTube videos like MikeZeroh and Hybrid Network vidoes on YouTube. A trilogy about the Unknown Regions with the Chiss vs.the Yuuzhan Vong set thousands of years before ANH would make an awesome trilogy beyond the Skywalkers.

2. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    No. SWNN does not make announcements, they report on (sometimes questionable) rumors and such. LFL would be the only ones to officially announce anything, and an announcement about more numbered Episodes and more Skywalker trilogies might not ever come... and it won't be anytime soon if it does.

Well... there's part of the problem right there. We're making progress, at least.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2018
  3. MillenniumFalcon2015

Aug 18, 2013
    Do you like the possibility of RJ's SW trilogy about the Unknown Regions with the Chiss vs.the Yuuzhan Vong though EHT?

4. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    Unknown regions... sure, that could work. Chiss vs.the Yuuzhan Vong... no, definitely not.

5. MillenniumFalcon2015

Aug 18, 2013
    I think there should be an Episodes X-XII someday eventually. But now as somebody told me. It should be set 50-100 years after Episode IX and should come out in 2029. And it could either be an older,wiser Rey and co. fighting the Yuuzhan Vong in the Unknown Regions or a new Jedi Order fight the Vong in the UR while RJ's trilogy as rumored could be set in the UR thousands of years before ANH with the Chiss fighting the Vong.

6. ChrisLyne

ChrisLyne Force Ghost star 4

Oct 29, 2002
    I'll be honest, I've never heard of either of them. When you say "presented as possible fact" do you mean they actually claim to have heard legitimate rumours about this or is it more them saying "we think it would be cool if..." Believe me, if there were serious rumours with any weight behind them then it would have received much wider attention than some fan videos.

As for X-XII, personally I think that's tied up with Kylo / Ben's fate. The (current) numbered saga is the Skywalker Saga and he's the last of that bloodline. If you move away from that then you may as well make RJ's new trilogy and B&W's new series part of the same numbering as well.

We'll see the ST heroes again I'm sure, I just don't think the movie will be called Episode X. Maybe it will be a stand alone story, maybe it will be Episode I (or IV) of a new saga but really until we've seen how IX ends it's very hard to speculate.

7. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 7

Apr 6, 2018
    I'm also not keen on a trilogy about the Blue Man Group fighting Orcs.

Mungo Baobab , Deerborne and EHT like this.
  8. Deerborne

Deerborne Jedi Master star 3

Oct 15, 2015
    I think they could easily keep calling the Rey/Finn/Poe movies part of the saga even if Kylo doesn't make it (especially if Rey becomes an honorary "heir" to the Skywalkers or something along those lines) but the way Kennedy talked about "future stories" with Rey & co. sounded, to me, like things that won't be a part of the numbered saga.

If we ever get another saga movie, I'm sure it'll be long into the future. And that's a big 'if.'

Last edited: Apr 21, 2018
  9. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    I'd like to see more Skywalker family stories as long as its something different from the Empire/Rebellion/fallen Skywalker dynamic.

10. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    I'd like to see a faithful adaptation of The Glove of Darth Vader. The only EU story that truly matters. Nicolas Cage as Trioculas. Danny DeVito as Kadaan.

11. ObiWanKnowsMe

ObiWanKnowsMe Jedi Master star 4

Sep 7, 2015
    i'd love to see further adventures of rey after episode 9. I think kylo will die in episode 9, so it'll be interesting to see how rey starts the new ways of the jedi without another person strong in the force to help...

MillenniumFalcon2015 likes this.
  12. ObiWanKnowsMe

ObiWanKnowsMe Jedi Master star 4

Sep 7, 2015
    TOTALLY AGREE. I have had a feeling that Ben(kylo) is gonna die in episode 9.

ChrisLyne likes this.
  13. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    Actually I'd love to see some blue men in SW

14. Mungo Baobab

Mungo Baobab Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 2, 2014
    [​IMG]

EHT and Darth Smurf like this.
  15. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    ...and no rehash of Papa "George" Smurfs cameo please [face_laugh]

Mungo Baobab likes this.
  16. Luke'sSeveredHand

Luke'sSeveredHand Jedi Master star 4

Jul 21, 2014
    I get the feeling the planet from Star Wars Land is going to pop up and play a prominent role in either one of these new films or TV Series.

17. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    Wait, so the films or TV series could be set in either Anaheim or Orlando? :p

18. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 7

Apr 6, 2018
    The ST cast are good kids and all, but I unfortunately have no real desire to see what they’re up to a decade later. Though I imagine that’ll probably happen at some point.

Darth Smurf likes this.
  19. Luke'sSeveredHand

Luke'sSeveredHand Jedi Master star 4

Jul 21, 2014
    Orlando. Definitely Orlando.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2018
    EHT likes this.
  20. ShaneP

ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    Anaheimderaan. Home of a bunch of Jedi mice.

EHT and Luke'sSeveredHand like this.
  21. MillenniumFalcon2015

Aug 18, 2013
    By now every SW fan including me would like to see what the ST cast are up to years after Episode IX in a possible Episodes X-XII just like we wondered what Luke,Han and Leia were up into in the ST years after ROTJ or maybe when the ST was planned by Lucas back in 1988 about Luke as a Jedi Master and having a love interest with the Empire dismantled into separate governments on numerous planets and moons.

22. Lee_

Lee_ Force Ghost star 5

Nov 3, 2012
    I think we are making too many assumptions in this thread about limitations in terms of how many SW movies they could have in one year. I don't think we can make the assumption they will stick to one movie per year for 10 years; not a safe assumption at all.

Also, remember that in the saga, no one has been the main character for more than 3 movies; there is a fair chance those characters will be in future SW movies, but not be the main characters.

Additionally, we can't make assumptions about the order of the upcoming film releases, which we are also doing in this thread. As we learned in TLJ (and R1), they are willing to shock, surprise and move outside the box (thankfully).

Last edited: Apr 24, 2018
    ChrisLyne and Bor Mullet like this.
  23. MillenniumFalcon2015

Aug 18, 2013
  24. chris hayes

chris hayes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 13, 2012
    As far as I know they won't be doing EP10-12 the numbered saga finishes at EP9....Rey , Finn ect would continue on in a spin-off...............

25. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    I think we're more likely to see the surviving members of the ST in books, comics, video games and animated series than in another live-action film. Kennedy never said their stories would continue in another movie or trilogy of films, after all.

Darth_Bertie and Deerborne like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.