main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation Will Episodes X-XII and or the further adventures of Rey etc. be announced at Celebration in 2019?

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by MillenniumFalcon2015, Mar 5, 2018.

?

Should Episodes X-XII or further adventures of Rey and co. for 2027+ be announced at Celebration?

Poll closed May 24, 2018.
  1. Yes

17 vote(s)
    26.6%
  2. No

49 vote(s)
    76.6%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MillenniumFalcon2015

MillenniumFalcon2015 Jedi Master star 3

Aug 18, 2013
    KK said there would be more films of Rey,Finn ,Poe and BB-8 set post-Episode IX back in November 2017. She just didn't day it would be Episodes 10-12. But they could still surprise us with the announcement of 10-12 in the near future. After all Cheat Sheet thinks that RJ's trilogy could come out in 2021,2023 and 2025 and Benoiff and Weiss' trilogy will come out in 2022,2024 and 2026 with SW Episode X coming on the 50th anniversary of SW in 2027 with the anticipated return of Rey and co.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2018
  2. Bor Mullet

Bor Mullet Force Ghost star 7

Apr 6, 2018
    I hope not. Their stories are already feeling a little stale to me. Let’s see a lot of new stuff, and new characters, before revisiting them.

Avnar, Deerborne and Mungo Baobab like this.
  3. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    She didn't say future films, she said future stories which, considering she was asked about the next ten years of Star Wars across the board, is vague enough to refer to any medium. And Cheat Sheet is literally just speculating about possibilities and asking "What if?" They don't have any more information than you or I do.

4. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    And they definitely don’t have any more information than Mike Zeroh.

DARTH_BELO, EHT and Deerborne like this.
  5. MillenniumFalcon2015

Aug 18, 2013
    Even though Episodes X-XII may or may not happening anytime soon. I hope DelRey will do a Bantam/DelRey like series of Hardcover novels and paperback trilogies with the further adventures of Rey,Finn,Poe,BB-8 and Rose set after Episode IX starting around 2020 and 2021. These novels would feature the ST heroes battle new villians like the next generation of the Chiss,Mandalorians,Vaagari ,Nagai,Tofs,Killiks, even battle the Yuuzhan Vong and perhaps the possible return of Shadowspawn from Luke Skywalker and the Shadows of Mindor if LSATSOM can still be canon. And then these novels would lead into Episodes X,XI and XII featuring the return of Kylo Ren and a new apprentice if he survives Episode IX.

6. Darth_Bertie

Darth_Bertie Force Ghost star 6

Mar 30, 2014
    Why do you keep repeating the same thing over and over again? You created a similar thread about episodes XIII, XIV and XV back in the day just to discuss how old EU content might apply to future movies. There has been no talk at all about Chiss, Shadowspawn, Shadows of Mindor, Vaagaris or any other EU faction you loved and general audience is not aware of.

This is what KK said about possible future stories and how LFL might proceed:

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/h...edy-teases-more-rey-finn-al-post-2019-1054438

Which, especially after TLJ, means that there is a certain possibility the numbered and Skywalker related episodes end with Episode IX, as none other than JJ Abrams was already teased. Lucafilm is well aware of the potential the current cast have, that's why right now they are probably exploring whether or not it would make sense to produce more movies with Rey, Finn and Poe as the leads, or additional content about them in the shape of spin-offs, book, live-action TV series and what else.

This is an interesting topic of discussion, probably the most interesting one for me, so please, let's not fill each page with the same post over and over again expressing our personal wishes for the next set of movies and when we believe they should be announced.

7. ChrisLyne

ChrisLyne Force Ghost star 4

Oct 29, 2002
    Be careful what you wish for.

If Lucasfilm allowed DelRey to do a series of novels like NJO for the ST heroes that would mean there are NO plans to bring them back in films. They wouldn't want to tell perspective Episode X/New Episode I/Whatever directors and writers they have to follow a series of books that less then 1% of the audience will have read. They will want to keep a clean slate.

Look at the books so far, they're largely tie in novels (prequels and immediate sequels) to the new movies. You might get something like Heir to the Jedi, a new adventure featuring one of the heroes. But like Heir to the Jedi or the ongoing Marvel comics it will be set during the timeline of the trilogy or maybe soon after. They won't let the books and comics set a new status quo. They're being very careful with the types of stories they tell in the new canon now, and with good reason. They won't let the tail wag the dog because the movies and TV series have to come first.

8. MillenniumFalcon2015

Aug 18, 2013
    I'm not repeating the same things over and over again!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just want to see Star Wars Episodes X-XII or a series of novels from DelRey leading into Episodes X-XII into the future if they come out in 2027 or 2029. And I think it would be cool to see Thrawn,the Yuuzhan Vong,Vaagari,Shadowspawn,Nagai,the Tofs,Killks and Mandalorians hell even the Lost Tribe of the Sith and their armada of ships in X-XII and beyond. I just don't want to see RJ's trilogy and Benoiff and Weiss's films AND NO EPISODES X-XII. GET OFF MY BACK!!!!!!!

Last edited: May 1, 2018
    Ubraniff Zalkaz likes this.
  9. Darth_Bertie

Mar 30, 2014
    I am not sure I want to answer, I am afraid you are going to post EXACTLY the same thing once again.

Oissan and Avnar like this.
  10. Bowen

Bowen Force Ghost star 5

Sep 6, 1999
    My guess is Episodes X through XII are never going to happen, much like there would never be a sequel trilogy. Oh wait...

No, just as I told people on this forum for, you know, like 10 years, there would be an Episode VII one day, for sure, book it, and always got told I was crazy. But, I was right.

They're going to give it a rest for a while, though, probably 10 years or maybe at least 7-8. It's a trump card, I think. It's a good bet that the future Star Wars films we're going to see are going to be huge blockbusters, but not reach TFA levels or even Saga levels. I can see a lot in the huge but not epic $400M to $500M range. Then, just when it seems like Star Wars no longer has the ability to rule the box office, Episode X will be announced, and by this point in time a generation of kids who grew up on the sequels (and the older ones like me who grew up on the prequels) will be nostalgic for the "classic" characters: Rey, Kylo, Finn, etc. Or whoever is left alive. Episode X will be HUGELY anticipated, the first new saga movie in a decade! Hype matching TPM and TFA, lots of media coverage, JJ returns to direct or something, and it crushes box office records.

Star Wars is the biggest game in town, despite whatever Marvel does, because Marvel doesn't have the ability to claim the all-time domestic throne, not even once, let alone twice. It has shown what is possible, which is a high degree of success, but not TFA levels of success or ANH levels. Episode X will be enormous. But it won't be enormous if they release it 3-4 years after IX, no, it needs time to cool down. Disney is smart.

11. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    We need announcements of Episodes X-XII, XIII-XV, XVI-XVIII, and XIX-XXI now! Come on LFL, what are you waiting for?

12. Darth_Bertie

Mar 30, 2014
    Just read this thread. They are waiting until 2027!!

13. MillenniumFalcon2015

Aug 18, 2013
    Plans for 2027 and beyond could be announced in the near future. I can feel it!

14. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Personally I can't wait to hear what they have in store for us in 2072.

15. Darth_Bertie

Mar 30, 2014
    What it would be interesting is knowing what is in the store for a new trilogy with the ST cast but the the Skywalker theme over. I would say a fourth Skywalker trilogy would probably be about Kylo and Rey's potential offspring and the challenge that might entail (being the son of a mass murderer and a Jedi Master). But a new saga that continues the adventures of the Skywalker legacy characters could not be based on the same mythos: the fallen apprentice, the new Empire... Those themes should probably need to go.

MillenniumFalcon2015 likes this.
  16. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    Sleemo's Revenge Part 3.

17. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    It's when they'll finally release Ewan McGregor from his cryogenic chamber and make the Kenobi film.

18. ShaneP

ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    /\ only if that part is actually in the movie.

19. Strongbow

Strongbow Force Ghost star 5

Nov 6, 2014
    I think waiting 10 years or so for more Rey, Finn, and Poe (and maybe Ben?) would be a good idea. Not too long, but long enough that their return will feel like an event, and it gives some room for development in the galaxy.

20. Darth Dookacas

Darth Dookacas Jedi Master star 4

Sep 29, 2014
    I think there will be about a five year break before the announced Episode X. I do believe it is inevitable because love or hate the ST Rey, Finn, and Poe have great chemistry. Giving the ST a couple of years to sink in would work well for building anticipation for the next film especially if JJ closes out the trilogy strong.

21. Darth_Bertie

Mar 30, 2014
    I would say more films after IX are a given. The only thing in doubt is whether they will be part of the Skywalker Saga or LFL will decide to kill Ben in IX and end the Skywalker Saga with him.

22. Bor Mullet

Apr 6, 2018
    I say wrap this story all up in IX, and leave Rey, Finn and Poe's future to the imagination.

23. MillenniumFalcon2015

Aug 18, 2013
    Mike Zeroh on Youtube has recently been saying that there will be an Episode X but only Episode X. LFL wants to split Episode IX into two parts and continue Kylo Ren and Rey's arc into Episode X which will be a supplement episode to the ST and could feature the evolution of Rey's child,Kylo Ren,Rey herself,Finn,Poe,BB8,Rose and the broom boy from TLJ. It's dated May 10,2018. I tried to leave an opening for the last video with Zeroh talking about Episode X. But I had problems with it.

24. MillenniumFalcon2015

Aug 18, 2013
    Rey,Finn and Poe's stories post-Episode IX deserve to be told in the near future perhaps in 2024,2027 or 2029.

25. Oissan

Oissan Chosen One star 7

Mar 9, 2001
    Mike Zeroh is not a source, he posts rubbish on youtube and that is about it. You might as well base rumours on something your goldfish send to you through telepathy.

Jedi_Fenrir767 and Darth_Bertie like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.