main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation Will Episodes X-XII and or the further adventures of Rey etc. be announced at Celebration in 2019?

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by MillenniumFalcon2015, Mar 5, 2018.

?

Should Episodes X-XII or further adventures of Rey and co. for 2027+ be announced at Celebration?

Poll closed May 24, 2018.
  1. Yes

17 vote(s)
    26.6%
  2. No

49 vote(s)
    76.6%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MillenniumFalcon2015

MillenniumFalcon2015 Jedi Master star 3

Aug 18, 2013
    Can the potential new threat from the Unknown Regions the Grysk be the enemy to Rey,Finn,Poe,Rose and BB-8 in Episodes X-XII or any SST to the ST. And Remember Cheat Sheet the website still strongly speculates that Episode X will still come out and in 2027 despite the Skywalker saga coming to end with Episode IX in 2019 with Episode X starting a new era. Perhaps that new era could be the Grysk from the Unknown Regions conquers the GFFA with Rey,Finn,Poe,Rose and BB-8 and even Rey's new Jedi Order going up against the Grysk armada with the New Rebellion fleet of ships and most likely the Chiss fleet of ships from the UR.

2. Darth_Bertie

Darth_Bertie Force Ghost star 6

Mar 30, 2014
    I think the Grysk is the future of the current ST heroes. I believe the Skywalker Saga will end with IX and there will be an entirely new conflict for the next set of movies. No more Empire vs Rebels. It will be like a canon version of the Yuuzhan Vong. And it will still have Rey, Finn, Poe, BB-8 and the Millenium Falcon most likely. Maybe even a Luke cameo.

I could see said movies coming by the end of the decade.

3. IlhamKamaruddin

IlhamKamaruddin Jedi Master star 2

Nov 29, 2017
    Shall we start back with Episode I?

4. Darth_Bertie

Mar 30, 2014
    I think they will leave the roman numbers aside once the Skywalker Saga ends.

5. MillenniumFalcon2015

Aug 18, 2013
    What's wrong with still using Episode X to start a new era saga with the Grysk and beyond even though the Skywalker saga ends in Episode IX in 2019. X(10) is a big even number for SW and could end the Skywalker saga if Episode IX splits into two or X could still be an even and big number for the SW saga to begin a new era and start a grand new conflict with Rey,Finn,Poe,Rose and BB-8 and Rey's Jedi Order and the New Rebellion vs.the Grysk Armada ending in Episode XII also an even number to end the legacy of the Skywalkers or continue with multiple generations with different families or groups of heroes and villians with last names.

6. MillenniumFalcon2015

Aug 18, 2013
    Star Wars won't be fun or interesting without the Roman numerals. I love roman numerals. They can still go with the further adventures of Rey and co. in Episode X or many films set years even decades after Episode IX.

7. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    This is certainly NOT true.

8. Darth_Bertie

Mar 30, 2014
    Are we really saying a movie with the ST cast but without the roman number before the title would be as funny as if labelled Episode X?

9. MillenniumFalcon2015

Aug 18, 2013
    I didn't say a SW movie with the ST cast without the roman numeral would be funny. I said the roman numeral is the lifeblood of the SW saga films with either the Skywalkers or not or just Rey and the ST cast in Episode X and the rest of the possible SST in Episodes XI and XII. Ending the saga films on an even number like Episode X or XII makes perfect sense than and odd number like IX.

Darth Smurf likes this.
  10. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    My mom would lose the overview without the numbers. She already wondered why Han Solo looked so young after being stabbed and fallen from a bridge.

11. IlhamKamaruddin

IlhamKamaruddin Jedi Master star 2

Nov 29, 2017
    Oh, I thought we were going for a closure for the Skywalker Saga with Episode IX and continue the new adventures of our ST heroes with a new saga as they pass on their lessons to the next generation.

If it's only one trilogy, then yes Episode X, XI & XII, but if we're starting a new saga, name it a new saga and start back from Episode I, II, III, IV, V, VI, VII, VIII & IX.

The question is will we have a new saga, with a complete set of new heroes? Maybe Rian's trilogy is a basis for a new saga? Maybe David Benioff and D.B. Weiss' film series is a new saga? Or should the Skywalker saga be the main saga we will ever have, with just trilogies and new film series coming in. :)

Truly excited of the prospects of everything and I really think we will hear their plan during Celebration 2019 to tell us their plan for the next decade or 15 years of Star Wars.

12. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    Isn't the content the important part? I mean, the numerals are nice and all, but we have to remember that they weren't even there when the first movie came out 41 years ago.

I think it makes perfect sense to end it at IX. A trilogy of trilogies. More so than X or XII would.

Also, if the Saga ends at IX, TESB will once again be the middle movie. I like that. :p

13. Darth_Bertie

Mar 30, 2014
    It makes sense that after the main story is wrapped, the next set of movies follows a different nomenclature.

Can't think of anything less relevant, to be honest.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2018
  14. MillenniumFalcon2015

Aug 18, 2013
    Kathleen Kennedy did confirm there would be more stories with Rey,Finn,Poe and BB-8 set after Episode IX last November. She must have refered to more SST films after Episode IX with Rey and co. It could be Episodes X-XII or a standalone trilogy with Rey and co. going up against the Grysk armada in the Unknown Regions.

IlhamKamaruddin likes this.
  15. Oissan

Oissan Chosen One star 7

Mar 9, 2001
    Or it could be anything else or nothing at all...

Your argument basically turns in circles. You take one small comment that doesn't mean a whole lot at all, add bogus speculation from random internet-sites that wouldn't have proper information even if they had the best connections (which they don't) and try to use that to come up with something were absolutely nothing exists.

If there would be another trilogy (or series) with the current heroes somewhere down the line, there wouldn't be any exact plans for it, and there most definately wouldn't be anything like a story at all at this point. No studio plans that far ahead, that's way too risky.

EHT likes this.
  16. Darth_Bertie

Mar 30, 2014
    The thing is, it is likely we have more stories with Rey, Finn and Poe. We even have heard of a potential new thread as well.

But probably there is little concern about the name of the movies and the potential collapse of someone on a forum for the movies not featuring roman numbers any more.

In the same way we have Star Wars Stories, we could have Invasion or something along the lines for these new movies as a subtitle.

17. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Just to summarize this page of the thread...

XVIIVIVVXI Grysk VIVXXIIX

18. MillenniumFalcon2015

Aug 18, 2013
    The Grysk are a must for an antagonist in Episode X or any movies set years or decades after Episode IX with Rey and the Jedi Order and Finn and Poe,Rose and BB-8 and they will likely be released around 2027 the golden anniversary of SW. That makes perfect sense.

19. MillenniumFalcon2015

Aug 18, 2013
    And WhatCulture has a countdown about Episode IX called Everything we know so far and it speculates the journeys of Rey,Finn and Poe may not end in Episode IX even though they will take down the First Order and perhaps Kylo Ren but will continue in Episode X coming in 2027. It's not just CheatSheet.

Here is the link to the Whatculture Page: [[http://whatculture.com/film/star-wars-episode-9-everything-we-know-so-far?page=5]]

Here is the link to recent CheatSheet page about Episode X coming in 2027: [[https.www.cheatsheet.com/entertainment/is-star-wars-episode-ix-end-saga-episode-x-html/]]

Grysk invasion post-Episode IX in Episode X coming summer or Christmas 2027 anyone or any first Post-Episode IX/Rey adventure coming summer or Christmas 2027 in Episode X anyone?

Last edited: Aug 31, 2018
  20. themoth

themoth Force Ghost star 5

Dec 5, 2015
    Agree. R1 and Solo are magnificent. A good film is a good film with or without numerals.

TCF-1138 and Pro Scoundrel like this.
  21. Oissan

Oissan Chosen One star 7

Mar 9, 2001
    *Sigh*
    It doesn't matter one bit whether it is "not just cheatsheet". Every single website that claims to know anything about a possible Episode X or a movie coming out in 2027 is lying. There is no such thing. No studio plans that far ahead. I really don't understand why you are so steadfast in your ignoring of reality just because a few websites that have no connections to important people whatsoever put out some bogus rumours to get more clicks.

No studio - absolutely none of them - plan that far ahead. They don't even know what the circumstances at that point will be. None of them have contracts that last until that point, they would be years away from deciding who should write or direct the movie, and they certainly have no idea who of the actors would even be available at that point. Heck, even the actors wouldn't know that, even if they were very much in favour of making X at that time.

Besides, stating that they might at some point return to make more movies with these characters is nothing more than stating the obvious. Yes, at some point they might return to these characters, but that's it. There is no clearly defined schedule on when such a thing might possibly occur. The only thing that exists is the possibility that the characters might appear again at some unknown point in the future, if the actors agree to return. Take a look at Return of the Jedi. Was it possible that the main-characters would return to Star Wars at some point in the future? yes, it was, and it did happen, eventually, over 30 years later. But there were no plans for it.

If they will make a return with these characters, and if such a movie would come out in 2027, such a thing wouldn't be decided upon or planned until sometime in the 2020s, most definately not now.

TCF-1138 , EHT and Darth_Bertie like this.
  22. Darth_Bertie

Mar 30, 2014
    So, do you think Episode X with Rey, Finn, Poe and BB-8 will come n 2027 and be announced at Celebration 2019?

Last edited: Sep 1, 2018
    MillenniumFalcon2015 likes this.
  23. themoth

themoth Force Ghost star 5

Dec 5, 2015
    Maybe, but I don’t think it would be called X. The numerals indicate a Skywalker saga film. That’s ending.

Last edited: Sep 1, 2018
  24. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    Are we sure?

25. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    We’re sure that IX is the end of the Skywalker Saga, because LFL said so. As far as numbers not being used after the Skywalker Saga, it’s an educated guess. For TFA and TLJ, the episode number is in the official title, but it’s really only shown in the main title page before the opening crawl. The numbers were really only displayed prominently in marketing for the prequel trilogy anyway.

Darth_Bertie and themoth like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.