main
side
curve

Will George Lucas be at C3?

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by --Skywalker--, Oct 3, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. --Skywalker--

--Skywalker-- Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 3, 2004
    So far, no one confirmed that he would/wouldn't be there.

I really hope he'll be there. It makes sense doesn't it? you know, last movie and last all Star Wars convention.

Discuss!

2. Woofer

Woofer Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 27, 2001
    One month to release date of Episode 3.

Won't be there. Will be working on final edits/approvals for the film.

A taped message wil be the the most likely appearance.

3. JediMaster22

JediMaster22 Jedi Knight star 8

Oct 15, 1999
    You might be surprised though. There are NO gurantees.

4. --Skywalker--

Oct 3, 2004
    One month to release date of Episode 3.

Won't be there. Will be working on final edits/approvals for the film.

A taped message wil be the the most likely appearance.

Hey, it's the last all Star Wars convention, but yeah, there is no garentee.

5. -_-_-_-_-_-

-_-_-_-_-_- Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 28, 2002
    While I agree that he will most likely be working on the final edit of ROTS, probably even to the last minute before the reels are due for shipment. I wouldn't completely rule it out though. This is after all the largest Star Wars celebration ever and the last SW film.

If he did show up I would wet myself.

6. VaderFanForever

VaderFanForever Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 24, 2004
    Who? George Lucas do something for the fans??? No way!! There is no way George would be there, even though over the last 20 some years the fans of Star Wars have given him BILLIONS of dollars, you would think the leaste he could do is show up for the last Celebration before the last movie...but no! He has to stay home and add in another CGI character here or there, add CGI backgrounds everywhere...nope, he will be too busy playing on his computer that his fans bought him!!

By the way, I do love Star Wars, I just don't like George that much, becuase in my opinion, he doesn't care what the fans want, he only wants whathe wants. IMO.

7. Connemara

Connemara Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 18, 2000
    I sense much bitterness in you, young Padawan.

8. robertyodarugenstein

robertyodarugenstein Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 9, 2002
    Who? George Lucas do something for the fans??? No way!!

I would have to agrre with this. I think that we all have spent a lot of money over the last 9 year's on his toys, books, Legos, Costums, props, movies and every thing else I think that he owes us this. But really people do you think he would show up. I don't.

But it would be nice if he did. :)

9. BrotherHalo

BrotherHalo RSA Emeritus and Heckler star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 12, 2003
    Owes us? George Lucas owes us? Well, if lining his pockets makes him "owe" us, then I say the President of Hasbro show up. I say every single sculpter from Hasbro show up. I say anyone who has had their hands in the movies, the marketing, the merchandising, everything! - should show up. Man, if the janitor that comes in and cleans George's loo shows up, I'll die happy...

Nobody owes us jack. We're fans because we like the stories. We like the toys, we buy them. We like all the other memorabilia, so we buy them.

But yeah, it'd be wicked cool if he showed up. :D

10. -_-_-_-_-_-

-_-_-_-_-_- Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 28, 2002
    Well said BrotherHalo.

11. -Doctor_Evil-

-Doctor_Evil- Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 3, 2004
    I suppose it would be cool just to say he was there and I was there. Being the originator and all.

But to be honest, there are are plenty of people I'd rather meet or hear what they have to say. I've heard enough of George since the prequels started. Just my opinion.

How about Mark Hamill? Ewan? Liam Neesen? And to be honest, even though they are all over the DVD's for all the movies, I'm always fascinated by what the technical guys have to say. Ben Burtt tops amoung them.

But, again, it would be cool for GL to show up, just so I could say I was at an event he deemed important enough to show up to.

Doc

12. DarthLazious

DarthLazious Jedi Youngling star 4

Jan 24, 2003
    I hope he will be there.

13. DarthShona

DarthShona Jedi Master star 5

Jul 29, 2003
    Nah, he'll be too busy counting all the money he's raked in from us!

14. Primrodo

Primrodo Jedi Master star 4

Jun 23, 2002
    Wow....you guys need to step down a little. Bitterness of what you think of George Lucas is a little unfair to himself personally and including the many fans with such blanket statements.

We owe HIM not the other way around.

15. wookiesrus

wookiesrus Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 27, 2004
    *waves hand*

...he WILL be at C3... [face_praying]

16. Darkcede

Darkcede Jedi Youngling

Oct 4, 2004
    ...but no! He has to stay home and add in another CGI character here or there, add CGI backgrounds everywhere...nope, he will be too busy playing on his computer that his fans bought him!!

Maybe he will just create a CGI of himself and send it instead. (edit note: no bitterness here, just joking around)

17. --Skywalker--

Oct 3, 2004
    Wow....you guys need to step down a little. Bitterness of what you think of George Lucas is a little unfair to himself personally and including the many fans with such blanket statements.

We owe HIM not the other way around.

Your right. But guys, don't mock George Lucas, if hes not at C3 then hes making RotS even better for us fans!

Besides, aren't you mocking the man who brought us SW in the first place?!

18. DarthLazious

DarthLazious Jedi Youngling star 4

Jan 24, 2003
    I was hoping to see him in person so I can tell him in person thank you for making the Star Wars saga the greatest movie series ever made of all time.

19. --Skywalker--

Oct 3, 2004
    Same here!

20. -Doctor_Evil-

-Doctor_Evil- Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 3, 2004
    Hey, the more top notch personalities they get, the better. Even if the thought of GL being there does not thrill you (like me), I can't help but feel that it might help shorten the lines for other people/events that I do want to see.

So I say bring him on!!

Doc

21. sal

sal Jedi Master star 4

Jun 28, 2004
    Maybe George's clone Geoorge will be there. ;)

22. VaderFanForever

VaderFanForever Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 24, 2004
    It's not that I have any bitterness toward GL, I love the fact that he has brought us the greatest space epic of all time!! It's just that I feel, in my own opinion, that he should be there...perhaps to give us a personal sneak peak at Episode 3...coming right from the man himself. However, I doubt that he will, but it would be very cool to see him! The line to get into that panal would be C R A Z Y!!!!!

23. Bib_Un-Fortuna

Bib_Un-Fortuna Jedi Youngling

Jan 14, 2004
    Okay - I have no opinion either way about George. As a director and writer, I have a great deal of respect for him (not tremendous - ummm, Howard the Duck anyone) and I would love to meet him. His advances in the realm of movie making have been incredible, outside the success of the Star Wars movies. But let us be honest, there is virtually no way he can take that much time off less than a month before RotS opens.

So - how about a compromise? I'd settle for a live via satellite address at the opening, maybe a panel done the same way. This way he can keep working, maybe taking an hour or two each day to be with the fans without sacrificing time on the movie. Besides, it would lessen the chaos that would occur if he did show up!

24. k3po

k3po Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 21, 2001
    "If he did show up I would wet myself. "

LMAO, you and me dashy

25. SkottASkywalker

SkottASkywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 3, 2002
    I would be absolutely and totally thrilled if George Lucas came to CELLEBRATION III! [face_dancing]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.