main
side
curve

Will George Lucas be at C3?

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by --Skywalker--, Oct 3, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AT-AT_Commander

AT-AT_Commander Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 23, 2001
    we can always dream anfd hope that the creator of the star wars universe shows up. he probelry won't but we can dream can't we.

2. Obi-Dawn Kenobi

Obi-Dawn Kenobi Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 27, 2000
    I'd say hope for a taped message and be super happy if it's a live satellite feed. :)

When I think about the possiblity of him being there though, I tend to think they would almost have to keep it as a secret surprise until he walked out onto stage at one of the presentations. Were it announced beforehand, it would be crazy for security trying to control the massive crowd, all of which would want to fit into the presentation's room which would not be big enough for us all.

3. Fashion_Boy

Fashion_Boy Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 3, 2004
    I agree with Obi-Dawn. The Flannelled One would be absolutely mobbed if he showed up. But we can still hope.

Edit: He would also be able to only do a few shows and be hustled out the back entrance. Word of his presence would spread like wildfire.

4. DarthStarkiller5

DarthStarkiller5 Jedi Youngling

Dec 6, 2004
    i think he will be there because its the last celebration and the first and last are usually the best

5. Fluke_Groundrunner

Fluke_Groundrunner Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 1, 2001
    I sense that George has some bitterness towards Star Wars fans. Remember his comments in that Myth and Magic documentary, or whatever it was called? He seemed upset that fans din't like some of his changes. I just kind of doubt that he will be there.

6. Darth_Larsen

Darth_Larsen Jedi Master star 1

Sep 23, 2004
    he will be so busy getting EP3 out the door he will not make it..

(id rather have him send a tape and have him stay and make sure EP3 is done right, course what would a flight to indy for 1 hour then a flight back, in the same day to him,, this guy is on the forbus list after all)

7. jedi_master_sal

jedi_master_sal Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2002
    I think the idea of a live Satellite link is plausible. But I'm hoping for a bait and switch thing like they did on the show Survivor, where he talks to us via Satellite, then comes around the corner and voila he's there in person! I think I'd Poop myself....heh heh. Hmm, that reminds me, I better have a box of Depends for just such an occassion...ha ha

Do I think he'll show in person, no, but it would be a GREAT gesture to the fans that he thought us important enough to be there, even if just one day or one hour!

We'll probably have to settle for McCallum or Sansweet.

8. Isabella

Isabella Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 4, 2005
    If he decides to come, I think it would be in a private way. He would get mauled (no pun intended) and asked a billion questions. Tho I think it would be cool to ask him things I've always wanted to ask, but you know that Q&A would end up being a eight hour line stander, with speical tickets.

9. Darth_Larsen

Sep 23, 2004
    nah,, just solve it, the way george likes to solve everything now.

CGI it.. just make a CGI model and project it on a big screen.. and let it answer questions..

10. Darth_Larsen

Sep 23, 2004
    looks like lucas went to ShoWest

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20050318/ap_en_mo/film_digital_3_d

maybe he can go to C3.

just a thought..
    if he did. they sure wouldnt annouce it until he was there.

11. BC_Eagles_67

BC_Eagles_67 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 13, 2005
    Showwest was to sell ROTS to theater owners.. he already has us in the palm of his hand.. why would he bother! Send in the lacky.. Ricky! ;) I don't know if he'll show but it would be nice.

12. Grand Admiral Strife

Grand Admiral Strife RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 21, 2001
    he has been invited by Mary Franklin, but no one knows yet.

this could be a surprise guest.

13. Bruno_Fett

Bruno_Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 31, 2002
    He was at ShowWest to promote his re-re-release of all 6 episodes in 3D in 2007!

S

14. VaderFanForever

VaderFanForever Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 24, 2004
    Isn't GL just planning on re-re-releasing A New Hope? Or will be the whole frigging Saga? Now THAT would be awesome!! However, I thought he said that after Episode 3 is done then he is done.....wait a sec, there is money involved, nevermind ;) :D

15. Bruno_Fett

Bruno_Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 31, 2002
    He said no more new star wars movies. The word on the street is that he is planning on re-re-releasing all six episodes in 3D, about a month apart starting sometime in 2007 my guess would be in chronological rather than released order (ep1,2,3,4,5,6).

16. Tony-WanKenobiNC

Tony-WanKenobiNC Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 14, 2005
    sadly, seems like I saw (a day or so ago) on the supershadow site that Lucas never goes to these (conventions/CIII) things..........supposedly he is in the know so, that sux...........I'll still be happy with him doing something live via satellite or a pre-recorded video for fans. Still, it would be a real treat if he came...........

17. buzz57

buzz57 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 15, 2002
    He'll be there when hell freezes over, there's no chance of him being there, just like there's no chance of Harrison Ford being there.

18. lukestarkiller1977

lukestarkiller1977 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 29, 2002
    what were you saying buzz57 ?

http://www.starwars.com/community/news/2005/04/news20050405c.html

19. Tony-WanKenobiNC

Tony-WanKenobiNC Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 14, 2005
    Well, its as if Revenge of the Sith meets The Empire Strikes Back........hmm, I guess you could say it looks like hell just froze over.

20. JediTrilobite

JediTrilobite Jedi Grand Master star 7

Nov 17, 1999
    I thought that I heard some cracking below my feet..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.