main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Will IX be the end of the Skywalkers?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by sheri1967, Dec 12, 2017.

1. appleseed

appleseed Chosen One star 5

Dec 5, 2002
    He won't, but I would love it if Mark said no.

nightangel and Chewies_bandolier like this.
  2. Chewies_bandolier

Chewies_bandolier Force Ghost star 4

May 5, 2002
    Well Leia is gone and Ben is now the big bad so ... probably :(

3. Dagobah_Dude

Dagobah_Dude Jedi Grand Master star 3

Nov 9, 2001
    I think Disney is making a huge mistake if they think they'll be able to mine more gold from SW without the Skywalker's. The chance to see Luke, Leia and Han in action again is what caused so much excitement for TFA, and if KK decides to make Star Wars into a Marvel franchise without the hook of the characters that made this series great, she may be in for a surprise when the returns start diminishing. The GA likes the original characters, and if they're gone permanently, I don't think the franchise will be the cash cow Disney thinks it will be.

4. King Maul

King Maul Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 20, 2016
    I think the Skywalkers are done . I think Kylo dies in IX. And maybe no Skywalkers are good ? They do have a tendence to screw things up after all.

5. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    Finding another Skywalker is the one thing that can save the ST for me, it would make everything absolutely pointless if at the end there are no more and their contribution to the galaxy was over by TLJ. What can Kylo/Ben do that redeems himself, he's already killed his very own Darth Sidious?

You can imagine it in a few years, two people are talking in a bar when one says to the other "remember the Skywalker's?". The other replies "what, that bunch of idiots? The father killed the mother and the daughter's son turned out to be worse than him. And that's not mentioning the son, what a clown, I hear those power converters are still there waiting to be collected!"

But if you make Rey a Skywalker, have her kill Kylo and restore peace, you can turn this into an epic that GL always imagined.

TheReal_Rebel and SkywalkerOG like this.
  6. Dominick1216

Dominick1216 Jedi Master star 1

Feb 23, 2013
    Watch them turn the Skywalkers into a clan or something... And Rey will be the first of them... :rolleyes:

7. theraphos

theraphos Jedi Knight star 2

May 20, 2016
    Or they're establishing that the legacy you leave behind is not required by law to be about your literal selfish DNA, but the people you have a positive influence on and inspire for the future. It's not an unreasonable theme, considering that Jedi culture adopted their children and "found family" seems to be a thing in the ST already.

The Force is in all living things, the light side is about compassion for all living things, it seems intensely backwards to cling to "no character can matter unless they are literally Luke's blood relative or married to one or otherwise given the Skywalker name."

EDIT: The site was acting up and I couldn't finish my thought - also, that it's more in keeping with the themes of impermanence and "all things end" to say that the Skywalkers had their time, rather than the entire bloodline being a race of all-important ubermensch central figures in the galaxy for infinite generations solely because Anakin had a purpose and Luke had to help him get it done.

8. Sable de luz

Sable de luz Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 18, 2015
    I am of the believe that theres been a change of mind in Disney, and that the new narrative is to make star wars a non skywalker story. All the hints that Rey was a somebody were there in TFA, but now they are gone. Luke is dead and Kylo is unredimable.

The new route is that anybody can be the hero and the focus (rey, the little kid, etc), to have as many stories as possible and to really milk the cow until its dry.

Star Wars as we knew it has ended, and it sucks.

9. HispAnakin

HispAnakin Jedi Padawan star 2

Oct 16, 2017
    I still think Rey is someone perhaps they expand on it in Ep9, I feel Kylo was lying to her. The fact that she is this uber force user just devalues every Sith/Jedi before her. I do not like the 'anyone can be special' /everyone wins a trophy theme they are trying to push, being force sensitive is like 'winning the Galactic lottery- per Boba Fett.

I don't mind that the 'Force awakening' I get it, there are billions of sentients in the galaxy so of course we're going to have FS beings born, I just hope they don't decide to go grey, I like the dark/light contrast. I'm truly not interested in Rey's character at all, none. more so if she somehow forgives Ben and they hook up

10. Darth_Zidious

Darth_Zidious Force Ghost star 5

Dec 3, 2001
    IMHO, the theme of IX will be about the ending of the Skywalker line and our heroes wondering what comes next. I see Rey, Poe and Finn as the leaders at the end.

11. TheReal_Rebel

TheReal_Rebel Jedi Master star 3

Sep 17, 2015
    Isn’t that what they set up ...

end of the movie? The end of the Skywalkers by Rey rejecting Kylo in favor of Poe

12. TheReal_Rebel

TheReal_Rebel Jedi Master star 3

Sep 17, 2015
    Isn’t that what they set up ...

end of the movie? The end of the Skywalkers by Rey rejecting Kylo in favor of Poe

13. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    The Skywalkers will not end.
    Broom Skywalker will continue the fight!

jaqen, Vohnkar, Jacques who and 2 others like this.
  14. MingLives

MingLives Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 19, 2015
    Was the kid part of TLJ???

I thought it was a trailer for the upcoming Oliwer Twist movie.

Tan-Wessel and Darth Smurf like this.
  15. EzraSnoke

EzraSnoke Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 25, 2017
    Episode IX's character set up....

Kylo the new supreme leader of the first order, but he is conflicted, he loves Rey, there's a strong force connection there.

Rey is the new gatekeeper of the ways of the Jedi...not just being a Jedi, but the ways of the Jedi. She has the ancient book, she already possesses all the knowledge inside her as Yoda explained, she will look to start up a Jedi academy as her career goal. The words, philosophies in that ancient Jedi book will be important in context of what the real "ways of" the Jedi are, unlike the Jedi we came to know in the previous movies.

Poe Dameron is the new leader of the Resistance, because Leia handed the reins to him at the end of TLJ.

Finn has found a cause finally, and will be Poe's right hand man and best buddy. Going on all these wild adventure missions. He will become more and more cool for the fans.

The Knights of Ren MIGHT finally make an appearance. When Kylo starts to turn back to the light, Hux might seek them out to end Kylo before he returns to the light and helps destroy the First Order that HE (Hux) helped establish (new canon books).

Luke is a force ghost badgering and clawing at Ben Solo.

No singular overlord left, only Kylo, he will slowly turn to the light to gain Rey's affection, because it is love, soul mates. He will fulfill his destiny of ruling the galaxy but only on Rey's terms, she will not join him in darkness, he will have to turn.

The Resistance is decimated in number, with the rest of the galaxy ignoring their distress signals. Initially it will be so, but gradually the other systems will support their cause, and their numbers will grow so that they're able to engage in a final war.

IX could be quite a violent movie, with Rey and Ben decimating the KoR/FO, many lightsaber battles, many displays of amazing force powers. So much carnage and space battles.

The final shot of IX will be Ben and Rey holding a little baby, as they watch the sun rise in the background, with a new Jedi Academy established, shots of younglings there. Roll credits.

Disney can finally lay the Skywalker Saga to rest, and move on with Rian Johnson's new trilogy....set in a new corner of the galaxy, all new characters and themes.

RKR likes this.
  16. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    Ben Solo will die..........

But a post credit scene will show the birth of a girl, Ben's daughter, created because of a 1 night stand with some First Order lady. The skwalker bloodline continues in secret without using the name skywalker or solo.

Or maybe Luke has a relationship which later failed sometime pre-TFA. A child that he doesn't know about.

TheReal_Rebel likes this.
  17. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    After seeing TLj twice, I honeslty think IX will end the Skywalkers.. Which makes me feel bitter sweet..

18. kip73

kip73 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 30, 2003
    I don't know if the Skywalker line will end, but it doesn't look good right now. Kylo Ren drew his line in the sand and is the new Supreme Leader. He's serious about staying on the dark side. Rey's connection with him doesn't appear to be romantic at all, so I'm not sure that his chances of having children are very high.

Luke was my favorite character in Star Wars, but I was fine with his passing. I thought it advanced the character of Rey, and I suspect we might see him again as a ghost.

19. Darth_Zidious

Darth_Zidious Force Ghost star 5

Dec 3, 2001
    I agree. I believe the rebellion will be consciously aware of the significance of ending that family line. I think a climactic scene will be an epic lightsaber fight between Rey and Kylo. She'll be trying to save him but in the end will have to kill him. And similar to ROTJ, I don't think there will be any other Jedi.

Jacques who likes this.
  20. Adept

Adept Force Ghost star 4

Mar 4, 2006
    You know....I'm oddly PROUD of their willingness to do this. KK said that George always saw the Skywalker Saga films ending at 9...and she appears to be holding true to that idea. They may not be doing it in the manner he initially planned...but they do seem to be holding to the spirit of it.

Vohnkar and Jacques who like this.
  21. GoJohnnyGo

GoJohnnyGo Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 19, 2012
    Seriously though.... why would the plan be for Luke to go before Leah... really don't get that. Annakin / Luke are equally the main characters in the 9 part saga... he should have been there until the end and there should have been tissues needed in the theater for when he died.

22. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    The whole episodic trilogies are about the Skywalker line, we now have the stand alone films and will have a trilogy outside the story established in I through to IX. There is no reason why there can't be a Skywalker story continuing and separate stories outside the Skywalker family.

23. Jedi Jessy

Jedi Jessy Force Ghost star 5

Feb 28, 2016
    This trilogy will end with Abrams' Last Jedi sequel, and after that, it sounds like the main thrust of the franchise will move into Johnson's mysterious new movies, which look to be unconnected to the previous saga. As Abrams sees it, that will be the end of the Skywalker story. "I do see it that way," he says. "But the future is in flux."
    https://www.rollingstone.com/movies...story-on-the-dark-new-star-wars-movie-w512703

24. Adept

Adept Force Ghost star 4

Mar 4, 2006
    They didn't plan it that way, Rian Johnson just decided this is where Luke passes on.

It's all about passing the torch to the next generation

http://ew.com/movies/2017/12/16/the...son-mark-hamill-luke-skywalker-revelations/2/

KK once said that it was always George's plan to end the Skywalker Saga at Episode 9. I think that's why she agreed to this. I'll admit, it's a blow...I spent so much time reading the Old EU and the continuing adventures of the big three that seeing them pass on is a bit of a shock....but...Luke's end was far better than Captain Kirk's...and seeing the kids being inspired by Luke's legacy and final act brings hope once again.

ChrisLyne likes this.
  25. Generational Fan

Generational Fan Jedi Master star 4

Oct 21, 2015
    Maybe for the "Skywalker Saga" involving Luke and Leia, but not the end of the bloodline as there are still two left; and I don't mean one of them is Leia.

I'd say the next 9 films will be the "Solo Saga"

MillenniumFalcon2015 and RKR like this.