main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Will Kylo Have an Apprentice?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Ubraniff Zalkaz, Jan 2, 2018.

1. Ubraniff Zalkaz

Ubraniff Zalkaz Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 26, 2014
    Do you think Kylo will have an apprentice in episode 9?

whostheBossk likes this.
  2. SmokeMonster4815162342

SmokeMonster4815162342 Jedi Master star 3

Dec 31, 2015
  3. Luke'sSeveredHand

Luke'sSeveredHand Jedi Master star 4

Jul 21, 2014
    I don't know about an apprentice, but I think he will "lord" over the Knights of Ren.

4. Ubraniff Zalkaz

Feb 26, 2014
    I was thinking about that, too. I hope they are his guards in episode 9 and maybe one could be a potential apprentice.

5. Jamtia

Jamtia Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 5, 2016
    Knights of Ren would make a ton of sense. If they don’t appear, it’s just a waste.

I liked the idea of a female apprentice, it hasn’t been done. It was mentioned in another thread. I just don’t know if LF has to courage to make a female character bad yet. Yeah that’s Phasma but we don’t see her full face so I don’t really count her.

6. Ubraniff Zalkaz

Feb 26, 2014
    I agree. A female baddie would be cool. I think Kylo should have an apprentice that survives 9 with at least another KOR that hobbles away after losing to Rey and the Resistance so the door is cracked open just enough for another film or trilogy past 9.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2018
    kalzeth likes this.
  7. Birkendoc

Birkendoc Chosen One star 4

Sep 20, 2001
    Doubt it. extraneous character that likely won't advance any narrative other than to give him an apprentice. Having one just sounds like a ticky box thing to check off and really would bog down the story, especially if the Force story is supposed to center on Rey and Kylo. It's likely one of the reasons we don't see the knights of Ren. What purpose would they add to the narrative?

Bob Effette, Yora and oncafar like this.
  8. Ubraniff Zalkaz

Feb 26, 2014
    Kylo wanted Rey as an apprentice. Seems like he's interested in one.

9. oncafar

oncafar Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2017
    I'm not sure Kylo was still thinking of Rey as a potential "apprentice" exactly in TLJ. I think things had gone beyond that.

Also, I'm kind of wondering if he was wanting to kill Snoke even before TFA, and so in TFA he saw Rey as a potential means to accomplish that?

Last edited: Jan 2, 2018
    Yora likes this.
  10. Ubraniff Zalkaz

Feb 26, 2014
    Kylo to Rey: You need a teacher. I can show you the ways of the force.

11. oncafar

oncafar Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2017
    In TFA. That's where it began, but I think by the time Kylo is asking Rey to join him it has grown beyond that. Although I mean that could still be an aspect.

12. HispAnakin

HispAnakin Jedi Padawan star 2

Oct 16, 2017
    it makes sense, I'd still like to see the KoR play a prominent role in this next film.

Ubraniff Zalkaz and kalzeth like this.
  13. Jedi of Baker Street

Jedi of Baker Street Jedi Master star 1

Dec 28, 2015
    Hux? (lol)

oncafar likes this.
  14. Darkspellmaster

Darkspellmaster Jedi Master star 4

Dec 20, 2015
    Well we do have a missing Snoke apprentice, so maybe that person will come and deal with Ben?

kalzeth and Ubraniff Zalkaz like this.
  15. Bullhead CIty

Bullhead CIty Jedi Master star 3

Dec 1, 2012
    It would be an interesting dichotomy to have the dark side with some type of organized multi-member group (ala KoR) and the Jedi taking the role of just two - Master and Apprentice.

Ubraniff Zalkaz likes this.
  16. cut-of-space

cut-of-space Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 29, 2017
    Yes!

I would absolutely be pitching this idea if I were J.J. Abrams. Like, I'd be pitching my damn heart out. I've already seen several people throw out the name Millie Bobby Brown and honestly, I think she'd be the perfect fit for Star Wars. Usually I object to child actors but she has a once in a lifetime star-talent that cannot be denied. If anyone should be Kylo's apprentice, it's her. She is the one.

I'd be very fascinated to see chemistry tests with these two as teacher & apprentice. My intuition tells me that Millie could hold her own even against an acting titan like Adam Driver. I'm pretty confident that they would work well together. And look, I know we already have a million characters and hanging plot threads to fix. I know. There's already way too much going on and the story is a complete mess as it is! We still have to cover the Knights of Ren and give Hux stuff to do. But if there's a single new villain added to the mix, it should be this girl.

The way I see it, she would bring an important new dynamic to the universe. Just picture a Supreme Leader with daddy issues raising a tiny dark-side user of his own. Kylo and his adopted goth daughter... It would be interesting, right? I don't know if Disney is ready for a young villainess, but I'm very much in love with the concept.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jan 3, 2018
    KSennia, Ubraniff Zalkaz and blu like this.
  17. Aetius888

Aetius888 Jedi Master star 2

May 23, 2005
    On a different site, I was cracking jokes about what Kylo should do since Rey dumped him. The first thing is, get a hotter girlfriend. :)

And someone else pointed out, there was a rumor about a beautiful blonde Scandinavian actress being cast as one of the Knights of Ren for Episode VIII. But maybe it was for Episode IX. So maybe it is in the works.

HispAnakin, Ubraniff Zalkaz and panki like this.
  18. panki

panki Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2016
    I believe the rumor was that actress Birgitte Hjort Sorensen (from Game of Thrones) was playing a female knight of ren (she is beautiful!)....while she said she wasn't part of episode VIII (nor were the knights of ren), she could always turn up in episode 9.

[​IMG]

It has also been confirmed in the Star Wars Absolutely Everything You Need to Know Updated Edition that the Knights of Ren are force sensitive.... I can see Kylo either taking on a gorgeous female apprentice and/or contemplating a matrimonial alliance with a female knight of ren (especially since he is Supreme Leader now and might want to establish a powerful force sensitive dynasty) to spite Rey for refusing his offer and closing their connection at the end of TLJ.

Aetius888 and Ubraniff Zalkaz like this.
  19. HispAnakin

Oct 16, 2017
    please make Kylo some sort of hedonistic bastard, they blew this opportunity with Snoke. I would have loved to see Snoke in a room with a full harem of beautiful men and women of all Races lounging while Kylo and Hux report.

Have Kylo in physical relationship with more than one KoR and we can have some sort of inner love triangle.

20. Birkendoc

Sep 20, 2001
    Oh yes, let's totally turn IX into some misogynistic fantasy. *Eyeroll*

21. panki

Jan 11, 2016
    I like Kylo as the austere warrior monk but I would have LOVED a scene with Snoke lounging with beautiful male and female humans and aliens while Hux and Kylo give their reports with disapproval writ large on their faces.... :p

If kylo is not in a romantic relationship with Rey, I can see him get involved with some other female but not in a polyamorous situation.

22. Birkendoc

Sep 20, 2001
    I think this happened when GOT casting was misinterpreted as TLJ casting as they were both filming in a similar geographic location. I don't think she was ever really on the star wars radar. She was cast as Karsi, the wildling that is then seen as part of the Night King's masses in that episode.

23. HispAnakin

Oct 16, 2017
    clearly, because Ep7 didn't have enough of it, for all the feminism KK spews, Kylo Shirt off and two grown woman fawning over Poe like teenagers is so 'new age'

24. panki

Jan 11, 2016
    This report came out long after she was cast as Karsi...as a matter of fact, the reports mention that the actress who played Karsi is rumored to be a knight of ren....the actress clarified that she was not in episode 8 (but did not mention episode 9)

Just to further clarify...GOT season 5 was out in 2015....the reports of her playing a KOR came out in 2016.

Aetius888 and RKR like this.
  25. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000
    If the Knights of Ren were the students that followed Ben then perhaps their absence from TFA and TLJ was because they were off scouring the GFFA for other suitable Force Users? Rey and Broom Boy may be facing off against Kylo and the Legion of Ren in IX.

whostheBossk likes this.