main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Will Kylo Have an Apprentice?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Ubraniff Zalkaz, Jan 2, 2018.

1. bluealien1

bluealien1 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 14, 2015
    yes,make a Brotherhood of Darkness with Kylo as Kaan with the Knights of Ren.

2. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    That's enough of this type of posting from you. Enjoy your vacation.

3. Darth Nave

Darth Nave Jedi Master star 4

Dec 27, 2015
    I'm not sure how they could make him have an apprentice without them feeling extraneous, but then again I'm not a professional writer/filmmaker. Personally, I'd much rather see the Knights of Ren return.

4. cut-of-space

cut-of-space Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 29, 2017
    Yeah... The more I think about it, there's simply not enough time to introduce a new apprentice. I love the idea but it's very unpractical. Their story arc would be even more rushed than Phasma's & Snoke's, no one would enjoy that! So the Knights of Ren are the more realistic option and because of that I fully expect to see them again.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2018
    TadoFett likes this.
  5. TadoFett

TadoFett Jedi Grand Master star 3

Aug 16, 2004
    I don't know that they need to introduce an apprentice, as there is limited time left. Besides, if the Knights of Ren are really former jedi who abandone Luke when Kylo turned, then he has multiple apprentices already.

I do suspect we'll get a new "villain of the week" type in the next movie though. The typical cool-looking henchman or goon in a smaller role. Think Maul in TPM, Jango in AOTC, Grevious in ROTS, Tarkin in ANH, Boba in ESB, Jabba in ROTJ, Phasma in TFA, DJ in TLJ, etc. There will always be one of those types.

Last edited: Jan 3, 2018
    zackm, whostheBossk and kalzeth like this.
  6. Adept

Adept Force Ghost star 4

Mar 4, 2006
    Since JJ Abrams is returning and the Knights of Ren were his baby, I fully expect to see them return in Episode 9. RJ kept them out of the action so it's not hard to see them being used as a(Quirky?) Mini-Boss squad. Though since they are ALL fallen students of Luke Skywalker, it'll be interesting to see how/if that will play into their characters.

7. MotivateR5D4

MotivateR5D4 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 20, 2015
    It would be interesting if Kylo took on a female apprentice, just to taunt and tease Rey.

SKYGUY23 and Ubraniff Zalkaz like this.
  8. Ubraniff Zalkaz

Ubraniff Zalkaz Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 26, 2014
    I could see Kylo doing something like that.

SKYGUY23 likes this.
  9. The Regular Mustache

The Regular Mustache Force Ghost star 6

Dec 22, 2015
  10. MotivateR5D4

MotivateR5D4 Force Ghost star 5

Apr 20, 2015
    Yes.

11. 11-4D

11-4D Force Ghost star 5

Apr 6, 2015
    He already has his Knights.

12. Ubraniff Zalkaz

Feb 26, 2014
    He had them when he wanted Rey to join him. Maybe Rey was the only apprentice he wanted and that's the end of it though.

13. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
  14. Plan741

Plan741 Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 22, 2015
    I wondered if the KOR seen in the vision were past or future and I believe it is in the future. So no apprentice but a full squad! I want them to be fully fleshed out this go round. The first order isn't really impressive to me and I don't feel dread when they show up. But the KOR look serious. I wouldn't want to mess with them.

Ubraniff Zalkaz likes this.
  15. dlbates

dlbates Jedi Master star 4

Nov 30, 2014
    I was thinking about this and before I thought that having the Knights of Ren was enough but since they seem to be more of henchman and don't use l ightsabers. It would be cool if he picked one to be his apprentice and they built a lightsaber.

Ubraniff Zalkaz likes this.
  16. HankSolo

HankSolo Jedi Master star 3

Dec 3, 2012
    I'm going to throw this out there just to have fun with it: how about a dog or cat as an apprentice?

17. AhsokaSolo

AhsokaSolo Force Ghost star 7

Dec 23, 2015
    Aren't the KoR his apprentices? That's what I thought was presumed. The Sith have a rule of two, but they're gone. The KoR don't seem to follow that rule, and per TLJ, they're force sensitive. Kylo is their leader. This seems pretty straight forward, unless we get a retcon or something.

18. Birkendoc

Birkendoc Chosen One star 4

Sep 20, 2001
    Make it a Norwich Terrier. They need no practice being evil.

*glares at a certain Terrier named Angus with the side eye*

19. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    [​IMG]
    His name will be:
    BARK VADER!

He joined the dog side of the force long ago!

Last edited: Aug 20, 2018
    KSennia and Ubraniff Zalkaz like this.
  20. Ubraniff Zalkaz

Feb 26, 2014
    Dog apprentice for sure. A cat would shove you down a reactor shaft or cut you in two the moment you let your guard down.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2018
    KSennia likes this.
  21. whostheBossk

whostheBossk Force Ghost star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    Like it was stated earlier, these films always introduce a new villian. The KOR are the best choice and would tie in the movies nicely. Rey with a new band of Jedi against them would be the climatic ending I'm looking forward to. Having a Force ghost Luke persuade one KOR to disown Kylo and become a Jedi again would help his character after TLJ.

TadoFett likes this.
  22. Daxon101

Daxon101 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 7, 2016
    Wasn't it said the KOR were already assembled before Kylo became their leader?

23. Birkendoc

Birkendoc Chosen One star 4

Sep 20, 2001
    Per the materials that came out with TFA, the KoR are an ancient group and predate Kylo Ren. So, not apprentice (how can you have apprentices if you're still an apprentice?). He's lord of the KoR, so I guess that makes him captain of the team. I've always seen them as peers more than anything.

24. Darth Corydon

Darth Corydon Jedi Master star 4

Aug 4, 2018
    [​IMG]
    Kerri Russel as Talon Talon being main Knight of ren kylo trains in IX

whostheBossk likes this.