main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Will of the Force (AU; A/P, Obi, Palpy, Yoda) **Completed** Important Sequel Information 6/4/06

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Kelia-Jen, Jan 12, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kelia-Jen

Kelia-Jen Jedi Master star 1

Jan 9, 2006
    Stella_Ripple Ooh I hope that Sith gets whats coming to him real soon!!

Don't worry, he will. [face_beatup]

Great post minus the fact that the dynamic duo have left us with another evil cliffie!!

Thanks. Evil cliffies are the spice of life. :p

MasterEnder Awesome Update, even though it's a killer cliffie.

Thank you. :)

Anakins_Kiss NOOOOOO! I hope she'll be okay. Run Anakin Run!!!!

He's running.

VaderLVR64 I can't believe Palpatine would do something like that. It's going to come back and bite him on his wrinkly butt!

[face_laugh] It sure is.

FitJedi Convenient that Palpy just happens to show up while Anakin is gone.. hmm???

Yep, he's a sneaky one.

LovedAnakin Wow! really great update.

Thanks. :)

Lea-El OOOHHH!!Bad Palpitine. Ani's not going to like you messing with his wife.

Ya got that right.

MegumiFuu If he truly trusted the Chancellor, I don't think he would be putting up such a fight. I think, subconsciously, our boy might be having some doubts about his friend.

Hmmmm. [face_thinking] Very interesting take on things.

Kestrel_Kenobi I'm enjoying ghostie Ben!

Us too!! [face_dancing]

Jazz_Skywalker I never expected that reaction from Palpatine.

He sure moved quickly.

Please add me to your PM list

You've been added. :)

Idrelle_Miocovani Good old Palpsy? count on him to come up with a different plan to the one he had before.

Yep, he may be evil, but he's also very clever.

Great update!

Thanks. :)

Amivane OH....MY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!....

[face_laugh] It was good, huh?

nicely done!!!

Thank you. :)

2. Daenarrah

Daenarrah Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 12, 2005
    Oh wow, how'd I miss this fic? :confused: This is really good.

You killed Obi-Wan. That was hard for me to read and my eyes teared up a few times. And poor Anakin! The pain and loss he's experiencing/dealing with. Obi-Wan was one of the most important people in his life. To feel so lost. Yay to have Padme' there.

I'm not sure what to think about the Council's decision regarding Anakin. I'm still mulling over that one.

I can say Obi-Wan's brother was a jerk though.I can't help but feel there's something more under the surface as to why he's so bitter.

Ah, then to have Obi-Wan return as a Force ghost. I like it. He can still be there for Anakin.

I didn't like how Obi-Wan, Yoda and Mace were ganging up on Anakin. Meanies! :(

Finally, Palpatine. Woo boy. Pretty bold move there, but then he's desperate to get Anakin back so he can get him under his wing.

I look forward to the next post to find out what happens. Please add me to your PM list.

3. jacen200015

jacen200015 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2002
    Palpy is getting dangerously desperate now. I hope he realizes that he is taking an incredible risk here that can easily backfire on him.

And Anakin, did it ever cross his mind that a certain Sith Lord may not like that he left Coruscant? Let's put it this way.

Anakin = Chosen One = Powerful = The Sith wants the Chosen One because of his power = The Sith being dangerous to Anakin and those close to him if Anakin does something that messes the Sith's plan up.

You know, Obi is a spirit now, meaning that he can simply appear where Padme is. But then that would not be a good idea. He would have to stay invisible.

4. JediArym

JediArym Jedi Master star 3

Jun 24, 2005
    Oh no!!!! Padme is in trouble. I just hope she and the baby
    or should I say babies are OK. [face_worried] Evil Palpy!!!! :mad:

Obi-Wan is right, Anakin is destined to face the Sith Lord
    and now it seems he will do that in order to save his family.

Another great update!!! :)

5. sithhappens6

sithhappens6 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 7, 2006
    :eek: AHHHHHHHHHHH Up Up Up Up.....*breaths*....AHHHHHHHHH:eek:

6. Kelia-Jen

Jan 9, 2006
    Chapter 9

Anakin burst through the door of the villa, barely noticing the overturned furniture as he frantically searched for any sign of Padme. He gasped as his eyes fell on a disheveled Palpatine, struggling to sit up.

“Chancellor!” he exclaimed, rushing over to help him to his feet.

“Oh Anakin, thank goodness you’re here,” Palpatine gasped, leaning heavily on Anakin’s shoulder as he was helped to the sofa.

“I...tried...I...couldn’t...I...,” he stuttered.

“Take it easy,” Anakin replied, easing him down on the cushions. “Where’s Padme?”

Palpatine closed his eyes and shuddered as Mace and Yoda rushed into the room.

“What happened here?” Mace demanded as he took in the damage to the room.

“Masters,” Anakin greeted with a slight nod. “The Chancellor was just getting to that.” He squeezed Palpatine’s arm in support.

“I came to see how you were holding up, Anakin,” Palpatine turned his sad gaze to Anakin and sighed deeply.

Anakin gave an impatient nod of thanks. “Then?”

“I was just congratulating Senator Skywalker on the upcoming birth of your child when..,” his voice trailed off as tears filled his eyes. “Several men clad in black robes broke down the door and grabbed Padme.”

Anakin’s heart filled with terror. ”Did you recognize any of them?” he asked in a low tone that displayed his fear.

“I’m so sorry, son,” Palpatine said as he shook his head. “I tried...I wasn’t strong enough...”

“Where are your guards?” Mace demanded in a suspicious voice.

“My...what?” Palpatine croaked, turning to the two Jedi. Mace was frowning while Yoda stood silently, eyes closed in deep thought.

“Your guards,” Mace repeated, eyes narrowing. “As Chancellor you always have guards with you; for your protection.”

Palpatine blinked silently. “Yes, well normally I do have guards.” He glanced quickly at Anakin. “But I made an exception for this trip since it was for personal reasons.”

He paused as a single tear fell down his cheek. “I guess I shouldn’t have.”

“It’s not your fault, Chancellor,” Anakin assured him, shooting Mace a warning glare. ”Are you certain you didn’t recognize the men that took Padme?”

Palpatine shook his head. “No, I‘m sorry, I didn’t recognize them at all, Anakin.”

Anakin’s shoulders slumped.

“But I’ll do whatever I can to help you find Padme,” Palpatine added with a weak smile.

“That’s not necessary,” Mace interjected. “This is a job for the Jedi.”

“I would think my assistance would be necessary since I am the only one who’s seen the kidnappers,” Palpatine replied dryly.

”You’ve already said that you didn’t see the kidnappers,” Mace reminded Palpatine. “With the Force to guide us, we’ll find Padme without your involvement.”

Palpatine’s eyes flared.

“You should probably head back to Coruscant before any harm comes to you,” Mace advised.

An awkward silence filled the air.

“Anakin,” Palpatine began, turning to face him once again. “I know I’m your best chance at finding Padme before she’s harmed.”

Anakin paused as conflicting emotions threatened to overwhelm him. Something wasn’t right. He could feel it. Something was out of place, but he could not put his finger on what exactly he was feeling.

“You know you can trust me,” Palpatine added in a soothing voice. “Let me help you find Padme.”

“We don’t need...,” Mace snapped as Yoda raised a clawed hand, silencing him.

Palpatine turned in surprise to find Yoda’s angry gaze boring into him.

“A liar, you are,” the little green Jedi intoned harshly.

“Excuse me?” Palpatine stammered.

“Heard me, you did,” Yoda spat, limping over to him. “All lies you have told. Know where Senator Skywalker is you do.”

Palpatine looked desperately from Yoda to Anakin.

“Anakin...you...can’t...believe...it’s a mistake,” he stumbled over his words, desperation evident in his tone.

“Anakin,” Mace’s calm voice interjected. “Search your feelings and you’ll know who’s telling you the truth.”

Anakin held his head in his hands. He knew his fear of losing Padme was clouding his thoughts. He couldn’t manage a single coherent thought no matter how hard he tried.

“Anakin…,” Palpatine began again.

“Stop!” Anakin shouted. Jumping to his feet, he glared at Palpatine and Yoda. “I don’t care who’s involved, I just want Padme back.”

“And I’m the best one to help you find her,” Palpatine insisted. “Join me and together we can find her quickly.”

“I don’t need your help,” Anakin hissed at Palpatine.

“Or yours,” he spat at Windu. “I’ll find Padme myself.”

Palpatine, Mace and Yoda then watched in silence as Anakin stormed from the villa, the door slamming open as he left.

“Well,” Palpatine sniffed, getting to his feet. “I’ll just wait for Anakin on my ship. I’m sure he’ll come to me for help once he calms down.”

Mace glared at him as he left but made no move to stop him.

“Should we go after Anakin?” he then asked Yoda.

Yoda shook his head. “No. At a crossroads young Skywalker is. Time for him to make a choice it is.”

Anakin ran full tilt back to the knoll where Obi-Wan had first appeared to him. He searched frantically and when he didn’t see his former mentor, he fell to his knees. Tears streamed their way down his cheeks, leaving their salty taste in his mouth. It had happened again. He hadn’t been there to protect Padme, to save her, and now she was gone. It was his fault. It was always his fault.

”Master, I need you! What do I do!?” he screamed into the wind.

”Calm your mind, young one, and use the Force,” Obi-Wan’s calm voice called out.

With his heart still knocking against his chest wall, Anakin took a deep breath and released his emotions, allowing the Force to flow through him. He closed his eyes and rested his chin against his chest. He fell deeper into the Force with each passing second. Foggy indistinct images floated before his eyes before the first clear vision fell into place.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

The Lars homestead on his homeworld of Tatooine flashed before Anakin’s blue eyes. He saw himself sitting together at the table with his mother, his new stepfather, stepbrother and soon-to-be sister-in-law. They were laughing together as they enjoyed their meal and their time together.

He saw himself sleeping soundly as his mother slipped outdoors in the early morning hours to pick mushrooms by the vaporators. He watched the scene in total horror as the Tusken Raiders viciously grabbed her and dragged her away from her home.

The scene quickly shifted to the search for Shmi. He saw himself leading the rescue party, catching up to the Sand People and fighting his way to his mother’s side. He watched as a Raider drove his spear through her just before he swung his glowing blue saber in a high arc and came down hard, severing the head of the Tusken.

He gathered his mother into his arms.

“Ani?” she huffed, caressing his face. “My little Ani?”

“Stay with me Mom,” He pleaded, kissing her palm.

“I’m so….so proud of you,” Shmi gasped. “I...lo…love...you.”

“Mom!” Anakin cried, his tears falling from his eyes and landing on the heat-burned cheeks of his mother.

“I....love....,” her voice trailed off as she died in his arms.

Fresh tears spilled down Anakin’s cheeks as the realization he could not have saved his mother hit him full force.

He braced himself as a new vision began.

”Go ahead without me, Artoo,” Anakin told the small droid. “I’m staying here with Obi-Wan.”

He was with Obi-Wan in the mechanics shop then, watching as R2 lead the Bothan to the shipyard. Obi-Wan was straightening up the cluttered countertop while he began putting away the various tools lying about. Suddenly, they both grabbed and ignited their lightsabers as the door to the shop was blown off.

Blaster fire rang out. Red-hot blaster bolts flew at the two Jedi in rapid succession. Blue sabers swung and twisted in expert fashion, but it wasn’t enough.

Anakin was blocking blaster bolts when he felt the familiar pain rip through his body.

“Obi-Wan!” he screamed in terror as he whirled around to see Obi-Wan’s bloody body fall to the ground. Thinking nothing of his own safety, he ran from his position towards Obi-Wan’s body. He never made it. His tall form was cut down by thousands of blaster bolts. His own mangled body fell to the ground just yards short of his teacher; both of them dead.

The scene shifted to the shipyard where Commander Cody’s broken body lay next to his destroyed ship and R2 and the Bothan spy were being led away by battle droids.

Anakin lay drained on the ground as the visions finally cleared. He sat up wearily, feeling completely defeated and utterly sad as he accepted what the Force was trying to tell him. He couldn’t save people simply because he wished it; that wasn’t possible.

”Anakin.”

His head snapped up at the sound of his name being called and found the ethereal form of Obi-Wan standing beside him.

“Master,” he replied with a weak smile.

“I couldn’t have saved you,” he admitted sadly. “I couldn’t have saved you, or my mother. How am I supposed to save Padme?”

”By letting someone help you,” Obi-Wan replied.

“I know,” Anakin moaned. “But who am I supposed to trust? I can’t believe Chancellor Palpatine would be involved but Master Yoda believes he is. How am I supposed to know the truth? What if Master Yoda is wrong?”

”You’d better not let Master Yoda hear you say that,” Obi-Wan chuckled. He paused before continuing. ”Why do you think Master Yoda is considered the wisest Jedi?” he asked.

Anakin glanced at him perplexed. “Because he’s old?” he guessed.

“You’d better not let him hear you say that either,” Obi-Wan laughed. “It’s because he seeks the Force before jumping to any conclusions.”

“You think I’m jumping to conclusions by trusting Palpatine?” Anakin exclaimed. “Master, I’ve known him...”

I know, Anakin.” Obi-Wan replied. ”But Chancellor Palpatine and Master Yoda can’t both be right.”

Anakin groaned. “I know, but how am I supposed to know which one to trust?”

“Do as the wisest Jedi does,” Obi-Wan advised. ”Seek the Force before you decide.”

Nodding his understanding, Anakin once again closed his eyes, allowing the Force to flow through him. He fell into the Force as he allowed the truth of the situation come to him, unimpeded by his own preconceptions.

Palpatine claimed Padme’s kidnappers broke down the door to the villa. Anakin saw himself racing towards the closed door of the villa. There was no damage to the door. It was standing just as he’d left it when he’d gone for his walk.

Anakin’s eyes popped open as he had the chance to process what the new information meant. Palpatine had lied. There had been no forced entry.

Something was amiss. Anakin was determined to discover the truth behind the lies; he was going to ask the Jedi for help.

7. Idrelle_Miocovani

Idrelle_Miocovani Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 5, 2005
    ?A liar you are,? the little green Jedi intoned harshly.

Yay Yoda!

Awww, and Anakin?s getting so confused.

He?ll figure it out eventually.

Something was amiss.

Oh, excellent point, Anakin! :p [face_mischief]

8. Jazz_Skywalker

Jazz_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 3, 2002
    Something was amiss. Anakin was determined to discover the truth behind the lies; he was going to ask the Jedi for help.

Oh, YES! I'm so glad he's staying with the light side. Thank you thank you thank you!

jazz

9. MasterEnder

MasterEnder Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 26, 2005
    Anakin's making good choices! Yay! Even after he's dead Obi can keep Anakin straight. I'm glad Yoda figured it out so quickly, it shows why he's still around after 900 years. Now, go get Padme!

10. Phoebe_Skywalker

Phoebe_Skywalker Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 21, 2005
    Now that is more like it! Yoda takes a stand before its too late. Anakin has the sense to go to Obi for guidance. Mace shuts the heck up! And we all live happily ever after!:)

11. aldocassidy

aldocassidy Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 22, 2005
    Busy right now, but great story! Please PM me when you update.

12. Lea-El

Lea-El Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 13, 2005
    Well I didn't see that one coming. Men in black robes indeed.

What if Master Yoda is wrong??

?You?d better not let Master Yoda hear you say that,?

[face_laugh][face_laugh]

?Because he?s old?,? he guessed.

?You?d better not let him hear you say that either,
    [face_laugh][face_laugh]

Come on Obi-Wan straighten the kid out.

Very good work!! =D==D==D=

13. MegumiFuu

MegumiFuu Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 6, 2003
    Poor Anakin. To realize that, no matter what he did, he wouldn't have been able to save Shmi or Obi-Wan from their fate. Me thinks the Force and Obi-Wan are trying to teach him a lesson for later on. [face_thinking]

Go Yoda! I can't believe he called Palpatine a liar to his face. Hopefully Anakin will take into account his feelings of mistrust, Yoda's statement, and the Force and realize Palps is up to his sithy ears in Padme's disappearence.

14. Anakins_Kiss

Anakins_Kiss Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 26, 2006
    You?d better not let Master Yoda hear you say that,? Obi-Wan chuckled. He paused before continuing. ?Why do you think Master Yoda is considered the wisest Jedi?,? he asked.

Anakin glanced at him perplexed. ?Because he?s old?,? he guessed.

?You?d better not let him hear you say that either,? Obi-Wan laughed.

I liked that.

15. Amivane

Amivane Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 28, 2005
    Master Yoda is wrong??

?You?d better not let Master Yoda hear you say that,? Obi-Wan chuckled. He paused before continuing. ?Why do you think Master Yoda is considered the wisest Jedi?,? he asked.

Anakin glanced at him perplexed. ?Because he?s old?,? he guessed.

?You?d better not let him hear you say that either,? Obi-Wan laughed.

hahahahahaha [face_laugh] [face_laugh] simply great and funny!!!!!![face_laugh] [face_dancing]
    I love the interaction between Obi and Ani is just great

awsome again =D= =D==D= !! !!
    now it gets even moore exciting!!!! XD
    PM pleaseeeeeeeeeee:D [:D]

16. Daenarrah

Daenarrah Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 12, 2005
    Palpatine's as sneaky and devious as ever. He tried spinning a good lie. Anything to get Anakin on his side and convert.

"Join me and together we can find her quickly."
    In other words join me so I can turn you to the dark side and not have all my careful years of planning fall apart. ;)

And Yoda. "A liar you are." You tell him. :D

I glad Anakin realized what was something wrong with Palpatine's story and is asking the Jedi for help. I only hope he doesn't fall into some kind of trap.

17. Kestrel_Kenobi

Kestrel_Kenobi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 26, 2005
    This is getting really exciting!

And I like Mace! :eek: That even surprised me!

Great update - =D= wonderful job you're doing with all the different characters.

18. JediArym

JediArym Jedi Master star 3

Jun 24, 2005
    Finally Anakin sees the light!!! With Obi-Wan's help, of course. :)

Now, it's time for Anakin to confront his "friend" Palpatine...

Can't wait for your next update. :)

19. TorontoJediMaster

TorontoJediMaster Jedi Master star 4

Oct 14, 2001
    Oh, good post. I loved how Mace and Yoda were able to rattle Palpatine like that.

When you think of it, Palpatine really didn't have his story well thought out. Mace and Yoda would know that personaly trip or not, the Supreme Chancellor would never travel without a security detail.

I really love how Anakin for once listened and thought things through before acting. And, look at how easy it was for him to see the truth once he did. If he'd been thinking clearly, he probably wouldn't have even required the Force there -all he would have needed was to observe things, the crux of good detective work.

I wonder what will happen when he seeks out help from Yoda and Mace. I wonder if they'll have him go to Palpatine and pretend to want his help. I doubt that would be a good idea. Palpatine might see through the deception. As well, with Anakin's state of mind right now he might not be able to pull it off.

Can't wait for the next post.

Oh, btw, Anakin carries a blue-bladed lightsaber, not a green one. Why the change here?

20. Kelia-Jen

Jan 9, 2006
    Idrelle_Miocovani Awww, and Anakin?s getting so confused.

He?ll figure it out eventually

Well, lets hope so. :)

Jazz_Skywalker Oh, YES! I'm so glad he's staying with the light side. Thank you thank you thank you!

You?re welcome. [face_dancing]

MasterEnder Anakin's making good choices!

For once. :)

Phoebe_Skywalker Now that is more like it!

Yeah, we thought you?d all like that.

aldocassidy Busy right now, but great story! Please PM me when you update.

Certainly.

Lea-El Come on Obi-Wan straighten the kid out.

He?s trying. :)

Very good work!!

Thanks.

MegumiFuu Poor Anakin. To realize that, no matter what he did, he wouldn't have been able to save Shmi or Obi-Wan from their fate. Me thinks the Force and Obi-Wan are trying to teach him a lesson for later on.

Possibly. ;)

Anakins_Kiss I liked that.

Good. [face_dancing]

Amivane I love the interaction between Obi and Ani is just great

Well thank you. :)

Daenarrah Palpatine's as sneaky and devious as ever. He tried spinning a good lie. Anything to get Anakin on his side and convert.

That?s right.

glad Anakin realized what was something wrong with Palpatine's story and is asking the Jedi for help. I only hope he doesn't fall into some kind of trap.

We can only hope.

Kestrel_Kenobi This is getting really exciting!

It sure is. [face_dancing]

Great update - wonderful job you're doing with all the different characters.

Thanks so much.

JediArym Finally Anakin sees the light!!! With Obi-Wan's help, of course.

Yep, after all this time. Took him long enough. :)

TorontoJediMaster Oh, good post. I loved how Mace and Yoda were able to rattle Palpatine like that.

Yah, they did a good job, didn?t they? ;)

Oh, btw, Anakin carries a blue-bladed lightsaber, not a green one. Why the change here?

[face_blush] Oops! That was me (JediMaster_Jen) trying to work on three stories at once and I got a little mixed up. It?s been fixed. Thanks for pointing it out. :)

21. Iaranon

Iaranon Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 30, 2005
    I just found this story and I like it a lot. But I can't believe you killed off Kenobi. He was the other half of The Team! I'm glad, though, that Anakin is choosing the Jedi. Maybe there is a good chance that he will not fall. I love fics where Anakin does not fall or is returned to the light. Can you please PM me when you update? Much appreciated, thanks. And keep up the good work.

22. Kelia-Jen

Jan 9, 2006
    Author Note

We will not be updating today. :( We hope to have the next post by tomorrow, but certainly by this weekend.

Thanks to everyone who is reading this fic.

23. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    At least Anakin seems to be THINKING now! [face_thinking]

Mace glared at him as he left but made no move to stop him.

?Should we go after Anakin?,? he then asked Yoda.

Yoda shook his head. ?No. At a crossroads young Skywalker is. Time for him to make a choice it is.?

Here's hoping that Anakin will continue to listen to Obi-Wan's advice! ;)

24. thebadge

thebadge Jedi Master star 4

Mar 15, 2002
    What a great and emotional fic this is! Palpatine is so evil. Thank the Gods Ani has seen the truth.

25. LLL

LLL Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 16, 2000
    You had me right up until Palpatine showed up and kidnapped Padme and lied about it. Palpatine is wayyy too smart for such a bad move.

But other than that, great story! It's an intriguing situation, and the grief and reactions of the characters are moving and so realistic. I especially like how Anakin is trying to leave the Jedi just on the basis of having failed Obi-Wan. It is just soooo Ani to do that.

On the one hand, I can't see Yoda hitting anybody; but on the other hand, what Anakin needed was his BUTT whacked! It is a real hoot to see Yoda get down off his aloof high horse and be "real" like that. He shows some real affection for Ani (well, actually for Obi, too) in this fic and that just makes him even more lovable [face_love].

I always loved Yoda.

I'll be checking back with this fic. It will be interesting to see what you do with it next.

Argue with me, do you? Bite your ankles, I will!

[face_laugh]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.