main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Will the Real Luke Skywalker Please Stand Up? (Luke, OC)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by kayladie97, Apr 9, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RedGold

RedGold Jedi Master star 4

Nov 29, 2004
    Okay, you know I've already said that this was hillarious... but I read it again here and I swear it's funnier the second time around.

Brilliant work!

2. Mirax_Corran

Mirax_Corran Jedi Master star 4

Jan 25, 2005
    LOL! For some reason, I doubt that will stop Rolf from using the "Luke Skywalker" pickup line. After all, know he has first hand knowledge from the REAL Luke Skywalker!

Why do I agree with that?? Rolf will probably go brag to his friends that he met Luke Skywalker and Mara Jade - leaving out the particulars...

Still funny [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

3. Rosh_Penin

Rosh_Penin Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 20, 2005
    Argh! How *toe-cringingly* embarrassing for the poor guy!

At least, it would be if he actually had ANY SHAME AT ALL, which he clearly does not.

Side-splitting, kayladie!

4. kayladie97

kayladie97 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 6, 2003
    Jedi BMK: Maybe next time that guy will know better than to attempt that trick. Nice job by Luke in showing that guy up.

Actually, Rolf probably won't know any better. He is totally without shame! [face_laugh] Thanks for reading.

Mirax Corran: That is HILARIOUS! I really liked it. The fake-Luke hitting on Mara...

:D Glad you liked it!

Killik Twilight: I love this 'fic! It's downright hilarious! *begs for another funny 'fic like this*

Thanks! Ah, I don't do funny very often, but sometimes the bunny does strike, so who knows? ;)

Emmi: Bloody brilliant, KK! I loved it!

[face_blush] Thank you, Emmi!

djcati: Hahaha, I loved this. So much. XD

Oh man, just...brilliant. There aren't really words...

Thanks so much! [face_blush] Y'all are going to give me the big head...

kristeh: Absolutely hilarious!

Thanks, kristeh! And it's good to see you back on the Boards! I owe you FB on that wonderful Luke/Anakin story you're writing. :D

oba: I love all the questions! Poor Luke! I bet he would get those kinds of questions!

I have to confess that I owe most of this plot bunny to my friend Jayden over at SSB. But once she said it, the ball just started rolling...

And I just wanted to add, I love the 4 pieces/7 pieces bit. I remember something like that from the ESB novelization.

I remember that, too, and that is where I took it from. Thanks, Oba! :)

Lola64: Too funny. So true So true. You should have sticked to blondes Rolf.

[face_laugh] Yeah, Rolf might have had just about the worst luck in the galaxy that day!

Kimberley: Hilarious!

[face_blush] Thank you!

Ace Venom: That was very amusing stuff.

Thank you, I'm glad you thought so! :)

LP: I loved the questions Luke asked...it would be just like the Farmboy to have enough of a sense of humor to make fun of himself like that.

As interesting a life as Luke has led, I can imagine he got some questions even weirder than these!

And then to have Mara throw it up in his face that his lightsaber work wasn't what it used to be!

Well, she can't let him get all full of himself, now could she? :p

Great job!

Thank you! :)

RebelMom: that was hilarious. The guy has the nerve to pretend to be Luke and then try to get his autograph.

Somehow, I don't think Rolf learned his lesson at all on this, do you? [face_laugh]

Shadowen: Funniest.

Bad luck.

Ever.

Wasn't it, though! ;) Thanks for reading!

Gabri Jade: That is beautiful! Absolutely fantastic! This is definitely one of my favorites now.

[face_blush] Aw, now!

Mara's portrayal is masterful, especially toward the beginning. Mara, shyly lowering her lashes and simpering? Beautiful! I didn't guess it was Mara until you mentioned her red hair.

The funny thing is, it wasn't going to be Mara when I started writing this! Mara and Luke were going to come out of a training room or something behind them and Luke was going to overhear Rolf bragging. But then, I swear, it's almost like Mara turned around and glared at me and said "This would be funnier." The twists and turns a story can take...

The whole setup, the incredible feat Luke pulls off, and Mara is so wonderfully unimpressed. Perfect.

Yeah, anyone else would have been gaping in awe, just like Rolf, and Mara's like "Pish! That was nothing!" She needs to keep him humble! [face_laugh]

You've got them both down perfectly. Marvelous from beginning to end.

Coming from the real Mara Jade, that means a lot! ;) :D

AG88: Wonderful story, Kayladie97! It is much better than my entry to that writing challenge.

Thank you, but I don't think it's any better than yours! I was chuckling all the way through it, especially the humming the Death Star trench scene. :p You should PM one of the mods and see if they'd let you post it here.

5. BrokenNoseOfQui-Gon

BrokenNoseOfQui-Gon Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 15, 2004
    [face_laugh] Wonderful! It made me laugh out loud and I almost got in trouble here at work. Yeah, yeah, that'll teach me to sneak computer time, huh?

6. Knight_Aragorn

Knight_Aragorn Jedi Master star 4

Jun 15, 2003
    Great fic, kayladie! Tht must have been therapeutic for Luke, being able to switch roles for once and ask the stupid questions rather than trying to answer them... ;) Nice work! :D

7. Laura_Anu

Laura_Anu Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 27, 2002
    Oh gosh. This was hilarious!!! The fake Luke meets the Real Luke...poor thing, what were the odds of that happening?

8. Jaded_Girl

Jaded_Girl Jedi Master star 4

Aug 9, 2001
    Oh my gosh this was HILARIOUS!!!!!!! Oh man, I laughed SO HARD! :D :D :D

Excellent work, kayladie97! I thought I was going to die laughing when the real Luke was all ?What was it like to face Darth Vader and the Emperor? Was Vader really as big in person as he looked in those holos? What kind of woman would have wanted to have sex with Darth Vader anyway? Was your mom like a psycho, or something??! (Luke, of all people, asking those questions! Man, he must have been dying for an opportunity to do that!) Frankly, I'm surprised Mara didn't lose it too! [face_laugh]

Wonderful! =D=

9. J_M_Bulldog

J_M_Bulldog Jedi Master star 4

Apr 24, 2003
    LOL! Thank you. I needed a laugh. That was hilarious. I only wish I could laugh out loud and not wake anyone in house up.

Oh, man, kayladie you made my day. [face_laugh]

10. kateydidnt

kateydidnt Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 11, 2004
    [face_laugh]
    Fantastic! Hilarious. I'm snorting in a rather unladylike manner at the moment thanks to you! :D

11. SpiritofEowyn

SpiritofEowyn Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 5, 2005
    I know everyone else has said it before, but this is hilarious! If the jerk weren't such a... ok yeah JERK you'd almost feel sorry for him.

::first post dance::

12. Wacky

Wacky Jedi Youngling

May 29, 2005
    There is a comic Timing to this story which is exquisite.

I bow to the Master.

And can I get an Autograph too? ;)

13. kayladie97

kayladie97 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 6, 2003
    Whoa, I've missed some replies! I'm such a slacker... :p

BrokenNoseofQui-Gon: Wonderful! It made me laugh out loud and I almost got in trouble here at work. Yeah, yeah, that'll teach me to sneak computer time, huh?

Heh, I used to sneak comp time at work all the time...'til they found me out and took it away from me. :( Glad I made you laugh!

Knight_Aragorn: Great fic, kayladie! Tht must have been therapeutic for Luke, being able to switch roles for once and ask the stupid questions rather than trying to answer them..

Thanks! I'm sure it was, as I can only imagine some of the more insane things Luke must have been asked. Those were just the first ones that came to mind! :p

Laura_Anu: Oh gosh. This was hilarious!!! The fake Luke meets the Real Luke...poor thing, what were the odds of that happening?

Actually, knowing Luke's luck, the odds were probably pretty good! Thanks for reading! :)

Jaded_Girl: Oh my gosh this was HILARIOUS!!!!!!! Oh man, I laughed SO HARD!

[face_blush] Aw, go on now...no, really, go on! :D

Man, he must have been dying for an opportunity to do that!) Frankly, I'm surprised Mara didn't lose it too!

Yep, he probably was. And Mara was snickering pretty hard behind Rolf's back. ;)

JM_Bulldog: LOL! Thank you. I needed a laugh. That was hilarious. I only wish I could laugh out loud and not wake anyone in house up.

Oh, man, kayladie you made my day.

Glad I could be of help! Thanks for reading. :)

kateydidnt: Fantastic! Hilarious. I'm snorting in a rather unladylike manner at the moment thanks to you!

My goal was accomplished then! [face_laugh] I have nearly spewed at the computer at some stories on this board, it's nice to get a bit of revenge. :p

SpiritOfEowyn: I know everyone else has said it before, but this is hilarious! If the jerk weren't such a... ok yeah JERK you'd almost feel sorry for him.

Thank you for saying it again anyway. :) Yeah, Rolf is so clueless, he doesn't even KNOW he's a jerk! [face_laugh]

::first post dance::

:eek: You picked THIS story for your first post?! *is flabbergasted...yet honored* :D :D

Wacky: There is a comic Timing to this story which is exquisite.

I bow to the Master.

[face_blush] Now I'm really blushing! But thank you kindly!

And can I get an Autograph too?

Uh, sure...

kayladie

There, isn't that pretty? :p

14. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    LOL! Very wonderful. I guessed from the redhead who she was...

15. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    This is...perfect! I have read a lot, a lot of fanfic in my day and NEVER have I laughed so hard as I did while reading this. You've created the perfect character and, on top of that, you've totally nailed the characterizations of Luke and Mara! I just keep reading this over and over and grinning like a fool! My co-workers are beginning to wonder about me...:)

16. SabyneAmberle

SabyneAmberle Jedi Grand Master star 3

Sep 16, 2004
    *falls over laughing*

Too funny! Too funny! For some reason, I had Eminem's "The Real Slim Shady" going through my mind as I was reading this. Nice job!

17. JediNemesis

JediNemesis Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 27, 2003
    That's one of the funniest things I've ever read. [face_laugh]

"Can I see your bionic hand?"

Utterly hilarious. You nailed Luke and Mara perfectly (LOVE the seven pieces line :D ) and Rolf was just so . . . realistic. [face_worried]

Fantastic!

Nem :)

18. amidalachick

amidalachick Force Ghost star 5

Aug 3, 2003
    LOL! [face_laugh] That was hilarious!!! [face_laugh]

19. tasujad

tasujad Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 16, 2005
    Hi

that little story made my day brighter :)

[face_laugh][face_laugh][face_peace]

That nomination is earned

20. jade51999

jade51999 Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 5, 1999
    Kayladie,

that just cracked me up!

awesome job!
    p

21. Shadowolf

Shadowolf Jedi Master star 2

May 4, 2005
    [face_laugh] Oh my this is fabulous! It's so hard to laugh quietly at work, but man this is just great!

22. JadeSolo

JadeSolo Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2002
    ?What was it like to face Darth Vader and the Emperor? Was Vader really as big in person as he looked in those holos? What kind of woman would have wanted to have sex with Darth Vader anyway? Was your mom like a psycho, or something?? the man asked insistently.

Hahaha! Imagine that, the sweet Farmboy using that kind of language! :eek: [face_mischief]

And it didn't even occur to me that the redhead was Mara until she was named. :oops: Loved this! [face_laugh]

23. Kudzu

Kudzu Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 18, 2005
    LOL [face_laugh] Priceless.

24. Gabri_Jade

Gabri_Jade Fanfic Archive Editor Emeritus star 5 VIP

Nov 9, 2002
    Congratulations on this story winning Best Humor, kayladie! :D Very, very well deserved. [:D]

25. KTfanfic

KTfanfic Jedi Knight star 2

Jul 16, 2005
    [face_laugh] This was very good!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.