main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Will the Young Indiana Jones Chronicles ever make it to DVD?

Discussion in 'Lucasfilm Ltd. In-Depth Discussion' started by Blur, Jul 26, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blur

Blur Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 11, 1999
    It doesn't look like it, unfortunately. Lucasfilm never finished releasing the VHS tapes of the YIJC T.V. show (presumably because of poor sales), and I question whether it will be worth their while to release the show on DVD. I hope so, but I'm not holding my breath...

What they could do is release it on DVD overseas first(since I'm sure it will sell better in Europe than it will here in the U.S., since the T.V. show did better in Europe), and if it does well overseas, they could release it in the U.S.

Time will tell....

[color=indigo]We have 2 threads on this topic. :)

Try these places for further info;

[link=http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=9640387] Young Indy Videos [/link]

[link=http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=9282462] McCallum on Indy IV/Young Indy Series [/link]

[/color]

2. mac-nut

mac-nut Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 14, 2001
    That's probably another one of GL's projects sitting on the shelf to be done.

3. ShaneP

ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    I'm pretty sure they're on their way. Paramount is working on them along with the theatrical trilogy.

They will have branching to allow access to historical and archive material.

ILM's and Western Images' work on this show, especially season 2, was very good.

4. Stridarious

Stridarious Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 27, 2002
    I am most sure that sooner or later they will. I mean look at what they have already turned into a DVD.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.