main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Will this crap never end?

Discussion in 'Communications' started by Askaak, Feb 5, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ender

Ender Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 12, 1998
    What happened to Lord Bane?

2. BobTheGoon

BobTheGoon Moderator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 21, 2000
    *poof*

And like that...he's gone!

3. Padme Bra

Padme Bra Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 2, 1999
    Well for the record, I publically and privatly disagreed with Sil's demotion and I'm still figuring out what's going on with Ternian. So in the mean time just so what I'm doing, just talk about Star Wars. That's what this place is about and there's absolutly nothing that's going on right now that can stop you from doing that.

4. Darth_Dagsy

Darth_Dagsy Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 18, 2000
    now that you two post, everyone goes quiet.

spoil the fun why dont you :p

EDIT: fun has a 'u'

5. Ender

Ender Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 12, 1998
    Nevermind. Figured out what's going on with Bane.

Is that better, Dagsy?

6. Darth_Dagsy

Darth_Dagsy Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 18, 2000
    is what better? the quiet?

i dont know...now i can hear those voices again

//spooky

7. HL&S

HL&S Magistrate Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 30, 2001
    Round 2 begins in a few hours.....

take a breather everyone.

8. Darth Dark Helmet

Darth Dark Helmet Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 27, 1999
  9. Crimson-Larko

Crimson-Larko Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 14, 2001
    Wheels within wheels...

The JC seems to have gone topsy-turvey... more than usual!

10. toochilled

toochilled Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 17, 2000
    This is a joke right?

Your logic here, regarding Sil, is weaker then the TonyF fiasco.

IF you do not want her to mod here because of her connections with, what was it again - 'the 'in' crowd' - then just say. Don't weasel around and latch onto illogical arguments.
    {If Sil's account is being compromised how is stuff still getting out?}

11. Endermunkee

Endermunkee Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 15, 2000
    Why not simply pm an admin?

12. JediMaster22

JediMaster22 Jedi Knight star 8

Oct 15, 1999
    It's all about Internet Drama, baby!!! Day and Night, 24/7... Even it doesn't happen on this forum, it sure happens elsewhere... :D

13. Commander Antilles

Commander Antilles Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 21, 1999
    Let me just say a few things (and see if they're actually taken on board).

1) I personally like Silmarillion, and she's a good mod, so it's a shame to demote her.

2) Since the Episode X mods and members actively encourage this hacking, they have NO GROUNDS WHATSOEVER to complain about Silmarillion being demoted.

3) This board used to be a fun place to post and mod at. Now, thanks to a hacker, all trust between the mods has vanished and this place has been poisoned.

14. noggins

noggins Jedi Master star 4

Nov 29, 2000
    Trust between the mods has vanished? To be honest, thanks to this thread trust for them in vanishing. Ah, conspiracies. The big men can't keep the truth hidden anymore...

15. Commander Antilles

Jul 21, 1999
    Well, I hope one day that you'll be in the same situation as we are right now. I'd sure like to see how you deal with not being able to trust any of your staff. Perhaps then you'll be less quick to judge us. Or maybe not...

16. JediMaster22

JediMaster22 Jedi Knight star 8

Oct 15, 1999
    Darth psychotic = GreenCrosscode?

17. noggins

Nov 29, 2000
    I think the advantage that we have at ep-x is not keeping notes that only the mods have access to about everyone where you can make accusations and mock them (and that's what it is in some cases!). That doesn't exactly inspire trust does it?

18. toochilled

Oct 17, 2000
    ''2) Since the Episode X mods and members actively encourage this hacking, they have NO GROUNDS WHATSOEVER to complain about Silmarillion being demoted. ''

WHAT!?!?!?!?!?

I) Episode-X DO NOT and NEVER HAS actively encouraged the hacking of the JC Mod Squad or any other site or place.

II) Why has Sil been demoted? The sheer fact that things were released once she was demoted would lend the theory that it is not her credence.

III) Please do not slander Episode-X again.

19. Commander Antilles

Jul 21, 1999
    I) Episode-X DO NOT and NEVER HAS actively encouraged the hacking of the JC Mod Squad or any other site or place.

Ok, so why are emails and usernotes taken by the hacker posted on your boards, and the adminstration, including you and Noggins, passively endorse this by not removing them and obviously finding amusement in them?

II) Why has Sil been demoted? The sheer fact that things were released once she was demoted would lend the theory that it is not her credence.

Because we wanted to ensure that the leak was closed until we could hear what she had to say, maybe?

Can I can expect a similar courtesy from your site staff too then?

20. Darth Dark Helmet

Darth Dark Helmet Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 27, 1999
    Yet, everyone over there is treating him like some sort of "Internet God." Because he can get this info, there all bowing before him trying to get info for themselves. "Ooo, Darthy! Get me this! You rock! This is great info!"

[face_plain]

21. noggins

Nov 29, 2000
    We don't endorse it. The posts are on our Anarchy Forum where we have allowed people to vent etc. It's an area where the admins have no control over what can or can't be deleted. I'm unsure of who exactly has control over this or even if it's possible.

E-X has also tried to build up a better relationship with tfn over the past month or so after the problems that have arisen. Most of us can't be judged on the attitudes of the few who don't want to change things but we can hardly make a difference to that.

Yet, everyone over there is treating him like some sort of "Internet God."
    Because no one here acts that way do they [face_plain]

22. Commander Antilles

Jul 21, 1999
    You allow it to be posted. Allowing hacked/stolen stuff to be posted and commenting on it is a whole different thing to flaming, IMHO.

And speaking of building better relationships, I actually sent Josh an email yesterday before all the new leaks, suggesting that maybe he should take Toochilled up on his offer of fair play in news reporting in this forum. More fool me, I guess.

"Yet, everyone over there is treating him like some sort of "Internet God."
    Because no one here acts that way do they

I would hope people wouldn't treat a hacker who steals stuff from a SW message board as an "Internet God."

The baseline is, we're all meant to be here to have fun discussing Star Wars. Yet for the past few months, most of it has merely been about getting dragged into increasingly bitter board rivalries.

23. Raz Zaphon

Raz Zaphon Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 9, 2000
    This is the kind of facism from TFN staff members that we're taking a stand against. Since we post at Episode-X, we must be harbouring terrorists! Ternian used to promote Episode-X all the time, and look at him, he's banned now. Coincidence? No. The Anarchy board at Episode-X is not moderated by anyone, including Ternian. It's not moderated, because there are no rules there. That's why it's called Anarchy. The rest of the boards are moderated and are based on simple values and principals. What TFN staff now does to anyone who's involved with Episode-X is labels them anarchists. That would be like me calling all TFN staff bashers because they harbour the Bashers Sancuary. So here's the deal. Episode-X posters will stop reading these funny, funny things coming from private TFN facilities as soon as you remove all bashing from your servers. Sound reasonable? Does to me!

24. toochilled

Oct 17, 2000

Ok, so why are emails and usernotes taken by the hacker posted on your boards, and the adminstration, including you and Noggins, passively endorse this by not removing them and obviously finding amusement in them?

They are in the Anarchy forum. No mod can edit the posts in there. The only people who have the ability to are Myself, Tai and Guns. It is policy not to edit this forum.
    I should also say that regardless of being posted in the Anarchy forums this information has been on various geocities sites for a long time

Because we wanted to ensure that the leak was closed until we could hear what she had to say, maybe?

Isn't that the 'official line' that you are meant to say.
    The fact is that Sil is being persecuted because she is friends with people who are {in many cases I have no idea why} disliked by certain JC members. The message Sil put up was humorous I thought. She saw that a request was made to a hacker to gewt the users notes and put what I consider to be a 'hey look - we know what you are doing' message on there.
    And anyway, now that you have heard what she has to say why do you not reinstate her. It's not because she refuses to pass spoilers onto Josh and Scott is it????

Can I can expect a similar courtesy from your site staff too then?

Yes. Yes you can. In the anarchy board there are no rules but elsewhere yes you can. I know I have been ciuvil to you. Hell Ben, I don't have anything against you and think you are a nice chap and a decent mod. Others may disagree - that is their perogative.
    This idea that there is mass hatred of tfn is as ludicus as the 'you are either with us or against us' stance that Scott has taken on this issue.

25. noggins

Nov 29, 2000
    You allow it to be posted.

I personally had no say in the matter and truth be told I don't care either way. There's nothing I can do about removing it either.

More fool me, I guess.

Again, judging the site as a whole by the actions of a few individuals.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.