main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Will TPM be in VH1's "I Love the 90s"?

Discussion in 'Archive: The Phantom Menace' started by qui-gon-kim, Jul 3, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. qui-gon-kim

qui-gon-kim Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 19, 2001
    I Love the 90s will on VH1 soon. Now they covered ANH in I Love the 70s and ESB and ROTJ in I Love the 80s. Do you think they'll do TPM? And if they do, will it be negative or positive? I'm thinking that they'll focus on the negative stuff, like Jar Jar and all, since TPM is not totally accepted by the public.

2. jedi_master_ousley

jedi_master_ousley Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2002
    Yes, it certainly will be, considering all the media hype surrounding it. It was a huge part of culture at that point in 1999, and had coverage everywhere. It had literally taken over the media, and something that large would not be left out of a show like that.

I imagine that they will mainly talk about how big of a media thing it was, then some celebrity will crack a joke about Jar Jar.

3. Jedimancer

Jedimancer Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 16, 2004
    Yeah, I think you guys are right. They'll probably talk about all the hype and then how much of a disappointment it was(not my opinion, though). Still, that segment ougth to be pretty entertaining, though.

4. Latorski

Latorski Jedi Master star 4

Dec 14, 2002
    I think they'll talk about The Matrix.

5. Walken

Walken Jedi Padawan star 4

May 3, 2004
    Well, if Barney the dinosaur is, and TPM isn't, then I declare shinanigans.

6. Guinastasia

Guinastasia Force Ghost star 6

Jun 9, 2002
    I don't care if they make fun of it-they make fun of everything. I just want to see it in there.

Hey-maybe they'll mention Weird Al too!

7. zacparis

zacparis VIP star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 1, 2003
    It doesn't get a mention in the BBC's I love 1999. Which is kinda strange.

8. StarDude

StarDude Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 28, 2001
    It is. I checked the info page for 1999 at VH1.com and the first thing they mention is Star Wars.

It says:

"Jar Jar??? That was a major let-down."

9. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    I didn't really expect anything from Jar-Jar so how could that be a let-down? :p You know what's funny is that I was watching some clips from news shows on tf.n from before and after TPM was released. Before it was released, it was cool for the media and reviewers who got a sneak peak to say how great it was. After, though, people started complaining because that was the cool thing to do :rolleyes:

-sj loves kevin spacey

10. That_Wascally_Droid

That_Wascally_Droid Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 29, 2001
    Hmmm I would've thought Matrix would've been first pick since it was much more trendy. Ohhh there'll be Jar Jar bashing a-plenty. But maybe Maul will get some favor? But Jar Jar doesn't have a prayer poor guy.
    In the far future when they air I Love the 00's, I'm betting Spider-Man will take the segment over AotC. If not that, then LotR.

EDIT - Yeah I just checked it out. TPM doesn't have a prayer on that show. They're gonna favor the bashing society big time and I think Matrix will be the main movie focus afterall.

11. Shiro

Shiro Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 9, 2004
    Heh, I hope someone will mention how cool they thought Darth Maul was when they saw it because let me tell you that I was one of those people. If theyre going to bash TPM then that'll be a hard thing for me to watch because I enjoyed it...

12. superxero

superxero Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 22, 2004
    They're going to do a 'Best Year Ever' for 2000, 2001, 2002 and 2003 since the end of the decade is too far away to have a clip show chronicling pop culture in the new millennium on the air before the end of the year.

13. clone3131

clone3131 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2004
    unfortunetly it will be on the show, and im sure those insanely funny rainbow lovers will bash it hard.

[total sarcasm on insanely funny]

14. royalguard96

royalguard96 Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 13, 2001
    Boy I can't wait for Michael Ian Black's insightful thoughts into the TPM phenomenon. [face_plain]

15. IKilledSifo-Dyas

IKilledSifo-Dyas Jedi Master star 2

Aug 6, 2003
    It's on this Friday:

I Love The `90s
    "1999"

The Y2K scare; Star Wars' return; "Who Wants To Be A Millionaire"; "Mambo No.5"; "The Sopranos"; "The Sixth Sense"; Harry Potter; Susan Lucci wins an Emmy; "The Matrix"; Pokemon.

Fri.,Jul 16

16. qui-gon-kim

Apr 19, 2001
    This is off topic, but I can't believe they didn't cover Terminator 2! That was the highest grossing film of 1991, and they decided to do Point Break instead? Whatever.

Should be interesting to see how they handle TPM. Hopefully they'll say something positive, like the pod race or Darth Maul.

17. IKilledSifo-Dyas

Aug 6, 2003
    According to AOL's tv listings (where I got the information in my above post),Terminator 2 was on the "1991" episode.I only caught the end of it so I can't verify.Are you sure you saw the whole thing?

18. qui-gon-kim

Apr 19, 2001
    Yes, I saw the entire 1991 episode, no T2.

1991 should be on again tonight.

19. StarDude

StarDude Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 28, 2001
    Not to mention them dissing the grunge scene. [face_plain]

Morons.

20. ST-TPM-ASF-TNE

ST-TPM-ASF-TNE Moderator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 27, 2001
    They left it off :(

21. qui-gon-kim

Apr 19, 2001
    Well Wendy the Snapple Lady said that VH1 was gonna make I Love the '90s Part Deux, so hopefully TPM will make it. :)

22. Captain_Typho

Captain_Typho Jedi Master star 5

Jul 30, 2003
    WHATTTTTTT!!!!! It's not done yet....

23. IKilledSifo-Dyas

Aug 6, 2003
    No good lying,son of a *****ing ***** AOL tv listings! "Star Wars' return" my ***! :mad:

I'm cancelling my internet service with them. ;)

(Sorry I doubted you qui-gon-kim that they didn't have T2 on the 91 episode.)

24. Chewie18977

Chewie18977 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 3, 2003
    CURSES!!!!!!!!!

hopefully theyll do a second i love the 90s

25. GreenWrinklyYoda

GreenWrinklyYoda Jedi Master star 4

Jun 12, 2002
    Yeah, they are making another. I'm surprised that they put in Office Space instead of Star Wars...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.