main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Wilson - The Diary of an Astromech Droid - Dear Diary Challenge - OCs, Talonverse - Updated 03/12

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Darth Muis, Jan 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lilith Demodae

Lilith Demodae Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 1, 1999
    I totally need Nash and Ghost action figures! That would Rule!

The more I think about it the more I want to know RA-7's story, too.

Just what I need, a bunny for a fan-fic to a fan-fic spin-off. *sigh*

2. Darth Muis

Darth Muis Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 11, 2000
    Trika: Droid sarcasm! [face_laugh] Thanks for reading!

Peri: Thanks for the compliment. That's exactly what I'm trying to accomplish and you noticing shows I'm on the right track! Thanks Peri!

Jag: I'd sell both for Wilson and Dos figures![face_laugh] Thanks for reading!

VaderLVR: Will do and thanks for stopping by!

Snowy: Well, you'll find out a little more today! Thanks!

Lilith: If you are at all serious about this send me a PM on the Nest and we'll talk, coz I'm always up for some Lilith writing! [face_laugh] Thanks!

And now, Wilson's next entry!

Date:

17 Galactic Standard Days after last memory wipe

Diagnostics Check:

Systems running at 99.7% efficiency
    Power level at 90.4%
    No defects

Days until mandatory service:

51 Galactic Standard Days

Log entry:

Aware of the fact that I had to try and avoid possible identification, I decided to try and be as inconspicuous as possible. Luckily, most base personnel had retired to their respective rooms for the night and my chances of being recognized were therefore at a minimum.

First, I went to my master's quarters to see if perhaps he had returned to them. He had not. (A quick lifeform scan indicated as such.) Furthermore, I was unable to open the door using the usual entry code. I suspect the door was sealed to prevent anyone from entering and perhaps tampering with my master's possessions. This led me to believe that my master was either dead or in some kind of legal trouble.

To confirm my suspicions, I accessed the public computer terminal situated across from my master's quarters and discovered that luckily, my master had not expired, but was indeed in a holding cell. I was unable to retrieve any information as to why he was being held. I then accessed information on Flight Officer Kaiban and discovered she had met the same fate. A quick search of my master's name did not provide any additional information.

Why had my master been arrested? Had he been involved in illegal activities? I do not dare ask any sentient or any fellow droid questions on this subject for I am afraid they will once again have me sent to the droid workshop, for I am still officially scheduled to have my memory wiped at 0900. Therefore I must investigate myself. If I were to discover valid reasons for my master's captivity, I will return to the droid workshop before 0900. If I am not able to do so or said reasons seem illogical or impossible, I see no other choice but to serve my master in the best possible capacity and so continue my investigation.

I am currently underway to Orange Squadron Leader's office in the hope I find it unoccupied.

3. Trika_Kenobi

Trika_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 4, 1999
    The plot thickens! Wilson is becoming quite the detective along the way. [face_mischief] As for Dos and Miek, I wonder what happened! Wilson will definitely find out, though, whatever may be the situation! :)

Great update, Muis! Thanks!

P.S. TIS action figures... a definite Nest thread idea. [face_mischief]

4. snowspeeder_gunner

snowspeeder_gunner Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 10, 2007
    Uh oh, they're in jaaaaaaail!

Is there going to be a jailbreak? I can just see Wilson busting down the door with his little pistol.

....or maybe not. :p

Can't wait to see what's next!

5. Jedi_Perigrine

Jedi_Perigrine Jedi Master star 4

Apr 22, 2008
    What a loyal little droid! We should all be so lucky. What a great update, Muis, you're kickin butt with this story! I can't wait for the next update.

6. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    I'm loving this! =D= =D= [:D]

Is there any chance Wilson was Artoo's little brother? He seems just as clever.[face_mischief]

7. Lilith Demodae

Lilith Demodae Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 1, 1999
    I like his justification... Yeah, I'll go back to the memory wipe if everything's on the up and up.... Keep telling yourself that, little droid.

8. Darth Muis

Mar 11, 2000
    Trika: He really is quite the detective, isn't he? Maybe he should become a PI someday. Having a droid as a private investigator would be awesome wouldn't it? He'd never miss a clue and he would never lie. Damn, another plot bunny...[face_laugh]

Snowy: How would he hold the little pistol? Come to think of it, I think he could actually hold it, since the prequel trilogy made astromechs into Swiss army knifes... We'll see what happens.

Peri: Thank you! It would be good to all have someone as devoted as Wilson to watch over us, wouldn't it? He's like a mechanical guardian angel. [face_laugh]

Jag: I'm not sure how that would work... :-B Maybe his personality is a backup of Artoo's? Seems a bit of a stretch... Thanks for reading!

Lilith: Well, he's a droid, he has to justify everything he does. I just thought it would make sense for him to put that into his log. It makes for some funny bits anyway. Thanks for reading!

Date:

Diagnostics Check:

Systems running at 99.8% efficiency
    Power level at 88.9%
    No defects

Log entry:

When I arrived at Orange Squadron Leader's office, I found it, as I had hoped, unoccupied. The door was locked, but was easily opened. I am not sure where I acquired this skill, but it seems to be a part of my programming. Perhaps a leftover from a previous occupation?

I entered the office and accessed Major Noonah's computer terminal. I quickly discovered the information I had been looking for.

It seems that the previous night, my master and Flight Officer Kaiban had been seen exiting a laundry room where later, several uniforms had been reported missing. Since my master and Flight Officer Kaiban had been there last, they were both arrested for questioning. The questioning, however, did not take place during this night, but rather in the morning, for it seems the matter was not pressing enough for the security officers to lose sleep over. So they had been questioned the following morning at around 1000 Galactic Standard Time.

Then, at around 1225 Galactic Standard Time, they searched my master's quarters and found the missing uniforms. This strikes me as strange. My master had not returned to his quarters all night and I left at 1200 Galactic Standard Time. This would mean that someone, perhaps an accomplice of my master (obviously not my master himself, considering the fact that he was still being held), had placed the uniforms there in the 25 Galactic Standard Minutes of my absence. An accomplice seems rather illogical to me, unless this accomplice did not know my master had been arrested. More likely, the incriminating evidence had been placed by someone else in order to set my master up for a crime he did not commit. Perhaps this had something to do with the general distrust towards my master?

The entire ordeal seems strange to me. Could my master indeed have stolen these uniforms? What use could he possibly have for them? Could it have something to do with his shapeshifting abilities? Was he planning on impersonating perhaps superior officers? And what reason did he have for being in a laundry room with Flight Officer Kaiban in the first place?

I figured my information about the evidence having to have been placed in my master's quarters in my relatively short absence could shed new light on the acquisitions towards my master. I am therefore underway to the Head of Security's office.

9. Trika_Kenobi

Nov 4, 1999
    LOL. We're all pretty good at keeping the hopper full of great ideas, eh?

Oh, and Wilson's on the move again! This little droid won't give up, and I love it!

Still anticipating the day Wilson rolls in to find Dos and Mie- well, nevermind. [face_blush] Wilson doesn't blush, does he?

Great update! What a wonderful story, Muis! :)

10. snowspeeder_gunner

Apr 10, 2007
    Off to the Head of Security?! Wilson sure isn't afraid to dig into this, is he?

Next week, it'll be "I am currently on my way to go confront Luke and Leia"

11. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    The more I learn about him, the more I[face_love] Wilson.=D= =D= Awesome update!

12. Jedi_Perigrine

Apr 22, 2008
    I love how the droid somehow combines loyalty and logic in a completely believable fashion. And figures out he mysteriously knows how to open locked doors and sleuth around like Sherlock Holmes. Awesome stuff, Muis, can't wait for the next post!

13. Darth Muis

Mar 11, 2000
    Trika: You know, we should start recruiting people just to write our many TIS-related bunnies. [face_laugh] It would free us up to write on actual TIS.:p Thanks Trikes!

Snowy: [face_laugh] Yes, he's a persistent little fellow. He won't rest until he got to the bottom of this mess. Thanks for reading!

Jag: Thanks. He is very lovable, isn't he?

Peri: Thank you. I really try to make it all seem logical. You know, when writing droids, everything has to be logical, there's no way around it. They don't act out of emotion and that's sometimes tough to write.

Date:

Diagnostics Check:

Power level at 85.7%
    No defects

Log entry:

I arrived at the Head of Security's office at under 3 Galactic Standard Minutes. Despite the early hour, the Head of Security, a tall Human male, was present, be it sleeping at his desk. I woke him, which he evidentially did not appreciate, and proceeded to explain to him that my master was very likely incarcerated under false pretenses. He did not respond accordingly and it occurred to me that he was probably unable to understand droidspeak. Without uttering a word he forcefully removed me from his office, locked the door, sat down at his desk and closed his eyes.

I examined my options. I couldn't go see Major Noonah, who I knew was versed in droidspeak, because it was highly probable that he would also not take the time to listen to me and would have me taken down to the droid workshop before I could explain my predicament to him. So, I would have to find someone else who was able to understand me and relay my story to the Head of Security. It seemed to me that I had only one option that would be even remotely efficient.

I'm currently on my way back to the droid workshop.

14. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    I got a bit behind! :oops: At least that gave me more to read.

Superb updates! =D=

15. snowspeeder_gunner

Apr 10, 2007
    Poor Wilson, no one even understands him.

Keep up the great work!

16. Trika_Kenobi

Nov 4, 1999
    If droids could exercise, Wilson's done enough laps around base to lose a few pounds. :p

Great update! We'll get to the bottom of this mystery, Wilson! :D

17. Jedi_Perigrine

Apr 22, 2008
    Oh Muis, Wilson is awesome. Droid communication should be much easier, I agree. Great job!

18. Lady_Belligerent

Jan 29, 2008
    Wilson is going through both hell and high water.:p Poor guy, he's freaking amazing!=D= =D= Keep up the great work, Muis![:D]

19. Darth Muis

Mar 11, 2000
    VaderLVR: Thanks for the compliment and thanks for taking the time to read Wilson's diary!

Snowy: Yeah, poor him. But he's resourceful, he'll find a way to get the message across. You'll see...

Trika: [face_laugh] That he would! Thanks!

Peri: If only people in the GFFA would start taking droids a little more seriously. That would be a great start! Thanks for reading!

Jag: Thank you! He really is enduring a lot, isn't he? But he isn't one to complain... Not yet at least. :p

Date:

Diagnostics Check:

Power level at 80.1%
    No defects

Log entry:

4K4-RA-7 activated himself upon my entrance into the droid workshop. He immediately exclaimed some sentiments about my not forgetting him and that he was so ?glad? I had returned for him. Without further ado I explained to him that I was in need of his service, more specifically, in need of the service that his vocabulator could offer me. I told him it was paramount that he joined me on my return to the Head of Security's office to act as a translator. He agreed immediately and seemed rather joyous.

To compensate for his inability to walk, we together maneuvered him on a small, wheeled cart that lay in a corner. It was a primitive device, but it served its current purpose well as I pulled it along on our way to the Head of Security's office.

When we arrived, the Head of Security was once again in deep slumber. The door was still locked so I forcefully tapped the window with one of my appendages. (I calculated the exact amount of force that wouldn't break the window, but still emit enough sound.) This woke him and he seemed even more disgruntled than he had been before. He got up from his chair, opened the door and started to lecture me on ?knowing my place.? He stopped when he noticed 4K4-RA-7. I assume that the sight of a partially disassembled RA-7 protocol droid on a durasteel cart was a rather unexpected one. I used this moment of surprise to begin my tirade. 4K4-RA-7 translated and did an admirable job at it. The Head of Security, as I had hoped, listened carefully, his anger level, indicated by his body heat, dropping significantly. The fact that had peaked his interest the most was that I was absolutely certain that the one definite proof they had that spoke against my master was false... he had not been in his quarters at the time he had been arrested and had still not been there when I left at 12:00 Galactic Standard Time.

After my tirade was over, he invited us into his office with a weary expression on his face and proceeded to make a call on his comlink to Major Noonah.

The major arrived within minutes, not wearing his usual standard issue uniform, but a mauve-colored bathrobe. At first entrance he seemed rather unamused at my presence, but when the Head of Security, who I discovered went by the name of Lieutenant Thun, relayed my message to him, he seemed rather surprised. He spoke to me directly and asked where I had gotten all this information. I told him about my investigation (it seemed wise to me to leave out my unauthorized entrance into this office) and this seemed to surprise him even more. He went on to exclaim that he had never seen such loyalty in a droid before. I took this as a compliment. He then turned to Lieutenant Thun to order him to re-open the investigation and to start by trying to discover who placed the incriminating evidence in my master's quarters.

We (Major Noonah, Lieutenant Thun, 4K4-RA-7 and myself) are currently underway to my master's quarters.

20. Trika_Kenobi

Nov 4, 1999
    Whoohoo! Someone's listening to Wilson now! He'll set them straight about all this mess and Dos will be well on his way to making out/avert yer eyes children with Miek in laundry rooms everywhere once again. :cool: :p

Great update, Muis! =D=

21. Lady_Belligerent

Jan 29, 2008
    That's our clever boy! =D= =D=

I'm so glad he's getting people to listen.[:D]

22. Jedi_Perigrine

Apr 22, 2008
    YAY Wilson! I knew the little droid would help save the day. Great job! I love how you've constructed the little droid, he's just perfect. If I had one, I'd want him to be just like Wilson!

...Although Wilson Wilson does seem a bit reduntant.

Anyway, I love this! Keep goin, Muis!

23. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Another great update!!!

24. Darth Muis

Mar 11, 2000
    Trika: I guess they'll be a little more careful where they avert yer eyes children in the future... Thanks for reading!

Jag: Took him long enough, didn't it? [face_laugh] Thanks!

Peri: Wilson Wilson does seem a bit redundant... But you're right, I too would love to have a droid as devoted to his duty as Wilson. Thanks for reading!

VaderLVR: Thanks and thanks for reading!

Took me long enough, but here's an update! I'll try to get back to my weekly schedule from now on, but I'm not making any promises. :p

Date:

Diagnostics Check:

Power level at 99.9%
    No defects

Log entry:

When we arrived at my master's quarters, we were joined by another security official. Together the three sentients searched the small room for further clues. It occurred to me that they should have already done this even without the information I provided. This leaves me to conclude that perhaps my master was arrested and already considered guilty, perhaps simply because of his heritage.

We (4K4-RA-7 and myself) were asked to wait in the hall, and so we did. After Major Noonah, Lieutenant Thun and the male Human security official whose name I unfortunately do not know and therefore cannot include in this log, emerged from my master's quarters, they seemed satisfied with what they found. Upon my inquiring Major Noonah if they had found anything and what methods they had used, I did not receive an answer and was simply told to recharge in my master's quarters. I did as ordered, but only after Major Noonah reassured me that 4K4-RA-7 would would receive proper repairs and be put back to use on base due to the shown efficiency in assisting me in my investigation.

At 1503 Standard Galactic Time, my master returned to his quarters. He and Flight Officer Kaiban had been released due to lack of evidence. I must admit, I was pleased to see him and he was pleased to see me. He was thankful even, for he had heard of my investigation. I tried relaying the fact that I was only doing my duty, but the communication barrier once again prevented me from doing so. It occurred to me that there was no harm in him feeling this way.

My master also explained to me how the investigation wasn't over and that he and Flight Officer Kaiban were not, as he put it, completely ?off the hook? yet.

Currently, my master is at a briefing with Major Noonah, Flight Officer Kaiban and his fellow squadmembers concerning the incident, and I will shut down until my services are required again.

25. Jedi_Perigrine

Apr 22, 2008
    Yaaaaaay! Wilson gets the praise he deserves! If we could just teach him Basic, everybody would be happy. :)

Great updateMuis, keep the Wilson coming!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.