main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Wilson - The Diary of an Astromech Droid - Dear Diary Challenge - OCs, Talonverse - Updated 03/12

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Darth Muis, Jan 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lilith Demodae

Lilith Demodae Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 1, 1999
    Oh, I love Wilson! And, frankly, so should Dos. He's so logical and persistent. I especially love that he went back for RA-7 to translate for him.

2. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    Way to go, Wilson! I'm glad he received some praise.=D= =D=

3. Trika_Kenobi

Trika_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 4, 1999
    Dos isn't "off the hook" 'cause he was still doing stuff in the laundry room he shouldn't have been. :p

Great work! Wilson is a fantastic little droid!

Trikes

4. Darth Muis

Darth Muis Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 11, 2000
    Peri: Maybe he should request a vocabulator that speaks Basic? Why aren't they equipped with those anyway? Odd, when you think of it. Thanks for reading!

Lilith: I think Dos is starting to see that he's got a special droid. Thanks Lilith!

Jag: He deserves all the praise he got and more. Thanks for reading Jag!

Trikes: [face_laugh] I guess they learned their lesson about doing stuff in a public place. Thanks!

Date:

19 Galactic Standard Days after last memory wipe

Diagnostics Check:

Systems running at 99.9% efficiency
    Power level at 94.4%
    No defects

Days until mandatory service:

49 Galactic Standard Days

Log entry:

Training has resumed as usual for my master. In the previous two Standard Galactic Days, my master performed his first independent hyperspace jump, with which I assisted. He and his wingmate, a Human male named Flight Officer Gaf Korrado, designated Orange Ten, made an in-system hyperspace jump with Orange Ten's Y-wing slaved to my master's. The jump only lasted 3.6 seconds, followed by another 3.6 second jump back to our original coordinates. The rest of the day was filled with simple combat and maneuverability training.

The following day, the entire squadron made a slightly longer jump into a neighboring, nameless system and back. Major Noonah offered a reward to the astromech droid who could calculate the fastest possible jump, in the least time. I, unfortunately, did not win. Nor did I really care about winning. I understand the need of competition between sentients, (It appears to be good for morale, although I do not see how it would be a morale building experience for the person on the losing end.), but I believe droids should be above such frivolities. Although the reward, a full service including oil-bath, would have been invigorating and might have improved my efficiency.

There is no new evidence, either for or against my master. Things haven't completely returned to normal though. My master's fellow squadmembers, including his own wingmate, seem to still distrust both my master as well as Flight Officer Kaiban as their interactions with both seem slightly less cordial. Despite Major Noonah's request not to let the recent events affect inner-squadron friendships.

My master is currently visiting Flight Officer Kaiban's for ?mental support.? Flight Officer Kaiban seems to have more trouble with the squadron's behavior than my master.

4K4-RA-7 has been fully repaired and has been put on service, running errands around the base. I hope he will continue to show his efficiency and will not once again end up in the droid workshop, in dire need of repairs.

Tomorrow, we'll further train the squadron's hyperspace abilities. I have not been given any details and therefore cannot include them in this entry.

5. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    First reply! [face_dancing] Does that make up for getting behind? [face_blush]

Love this diary! =D=

6. Jedi_Perigrine

Jedi_Perigrine Jedi Master star 4

Apr 22, 2008
    Another great post, Muis! I think it's probably a good thing that droids don't have a sense of competition--otherwise sentients would be in serious trouble. ;)

Keep this up, it's lots of fun!

7. Lilith Demodae

Lilith Demodae Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 1, 1999
    RA-7 has been rehabilitated!

Another great post, Muis! Thanks for the update.

8. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    I want some of that mental support.:p

Great update!!=D= =D=

9. Trika_Kenobi

Trika_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 4, 1999
    This is so realistic... I feel like I'm learning right along with the squadron and with this cute little droid. Super job, Muis! Your work is awesome! :D

10. snowspeeder_gunner

snowspeeder_gunner Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 10, 2007
    RA-7 yay!!!

And hopefully the squadron will be more "cordial" to Dos soon!

Keep up the great work!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.