main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Win a trip to CIV!

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by larame_kaine, Aug 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. larame_kaine

larame_kaine Jedi Knight star 2

May 17, 2005
    No one had posted this yet so I thought I would. So far I think its the only other news starwars.com has released that mentions Celebration IV.

Of course they're not coming anywhere near me. =/

Here's the link:

http://starwars.com/community/news/family/news20060804.html

And the article:

Star Wars Characters Begin Summertime Road Trip
    August 04, 2006

It's a summertime tradition whose origins date back to a long time ago: the road trip. This year, residents of a galaxy far, far away are taking part in the quintessential American experience.
    From August 22 to September 11, three favorite characters from the Star Wars saga will visit 11 cities throughout the U.S. Along for the cross-country ride: Chewbacca, Han Solo's faithful Wookiee co-pilot; Darth Vader, the Dark Lord of the Sith; and Wicket, the fierce-yet-cuddly Ewok. They'll meet fans, see sights and celebrate the simultaneous September 12 release of Star Wars, The Empire Strikes Back and Return of the Jedi on DVD, from Lucasfilm Ltd. and Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment, and the LEGO Star Wars II: The Original Trilogy videogame, from LucasArts and TT Games. The DVDs are available for a limited time -- only through Dec. 31.

The journey kicks off August 22 in Miami and ends September 10 in San Diego. During the road trip, characters will visit Niagara Falls, take in some Major League and AAA baseball, attend a Las Vegas wedding and get a glimpse of the Johnson Space Center -- among a host of activities. They also will take time out to spend time with patients in children's hospitals in many of the cities.

"We receive countless letters and e-mails from people who tell us how much they love Star Wars, and we wanted to give fans a chance to meet their favorite characters and get a unique kind of Star Wars experience," said Tom Warner, Senior Director of Marketing for Lucasfilm Ltd.

Throughout the 11-city road trip, Star Wars fans will want to keep their eyes peeled and their cameras ready: By submitting their best pictures of the characters and themselves (or family members) to starwars.com, they could win a trip for four to the ultimate Star Wars event -- Celebration IV, to be held in May 2007 in Los Angeles -- or copies of the DVDs and videogame. (Full details of the Star Wars: Bringing it Home contest and official rules, click here.)

Scheduled cities and dates* are:

Miami (Miami Children's Hospital; Lincoln Road; Parrot Jungle Island; Florida Marlins Game) -- Aug. 22
    Louisville (Kosair Children's Hospital; Kentucky State Fair) -- Aug. 24
    Charlotte, NC (Presbyterian Hemby Children's Hospital; Discovery Place) -- Aug. 25
    Columbus, Ohio (Columbus Children's Hospital; COSI; Easton Town Center) -- Aug. 26
    Portland, Ore. (Portland Beavers game; Portland Rose Gardens) -- Aug. 27
    Seattle (Swedish Medical Center Children's Hospital; Space Needle; Science Fiction Museum) -- Aug. 28
    Houston (Texas Children's Hospital; Space Center Houston) -- Sept. 3
    Kansas City (Kansas City Mercy Children's Hospital; Crown Plaza; Kansas City Royals game) -- Sept. 4
    Buffalo, NY (Women & Children's Hospital of Buffalo; Anchor Bar; Niagara Falls) -- Sept. 6
    Las Vegas (UMC Children's Hospital; Monorail; Graceland Chapel) -- Sept. 9
    San Diego (San Diego Naval Hospital) -- Sept. 10
    As the road trip progresses, full plans for each city will be available here at starwars.com. Keep checking back!

* As with any summertime road trip, unanticipated events could cause changes in the schedule; keep up to date at www.starwars.com.

2. DarkPrince

DarkPrince Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 10, 2005
    Well, they aren't coming anywhere near me either. I'm sad. :(

I'm still going anwyays. :p

3. buggyvirus1

buggyvirus1 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 13, 2005
    They arn't coming near me unless you count seattle. But I am not going to go to seattle from Alaska because I can save that money for the ticket to LA. LOL

4. Vadersmistress66

Vadersmistress66 Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 3, 2005
    Not a single Canadian stop! I'm wishing i still lived in Vegas about now... Of course, i wouldn't really need to win a trip if i lived so close.

5. pwinklespi

pwinklespi Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 30, 2004
    How can they not stop in NY or Philly?

6. Grumpy_Jedi

Grumpy_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 2, 2006
    Maybe they were afraid they would blend in too well.

7. Sanctimoniously

Sanctimoniously Jedi Master star 5

Dec 28, 2005
    About time someone else decided to use the good-old interstate system and a nice car to get to CIV.

8. LukeSkiewalker

LukeSkiewalker Jedi Master star 4

Apr 4, 2003
    They are coming here, but I won't be going as I am on strike from MLB. And I had already planned on having BBQ that day months before it was announced.

9. JediJustin

JediJustin Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 17, 2006
    I live out on Long Island in NY, so I'm obviously biased about them not coming out my ways. The Buffalo location is over a 3 hour drive from my house.

Oh well...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.