main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Winds of Change - Anakin's Saga is completed!!!!....Sequel announced!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by geo3, Feb 5, 2003.

1. illuminatrix

illuminatrix Jedi Master star 1

Oct 17, 2002
    Wheee! Another brilliant post! :D

Padme in a rage is damn scarey - I wonder why the Jedi don't keep an eye on her - she's got some of Anakins Force powers now...

But she's adopted Bale! Awww! [face_love]
    I usually hate kids in stories, but Bale is very sweet. Looks like she might have a bit of the Force, too. Good at puzzles, eh? Hmmm...

And Palpy is up to no good, as per flippin' usual. Figure it out, will you, Pad?!? Everything bad is HIS fault!!!

Thanks for the heads up! I am now a certified fan! [face_love]

2. PhoenixMage

PhoenixMage Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 6, 2002
    Poor Padme.... she misses Anakin so much..........
    I'm glad they adopted Bale. I can't wait to see what the note says!
    Padme needs some anger management.

3. Lando_Plenty

Lando_Plenty Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 13, 2002
    Whoa. So well written. Lots of mystery, plotting, and unfinished business. I feel this is all going to lead up to a nice explosion later on in the story..

Also nice to see Bale again.

4. Breanna_Irulan_Ember

Breanna_Irulan_Ember Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 11, 2002
    HAHAHAHAHAAA! So. The high-and-mighty hand maiden Sabe learns her lesson, does she? lol, sorry, I hate it when people interfere with romances. Pay no attention to the angry Imperial princess behind the curtain!

5. JediArwen

JediArwen Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 12, 2002
    Great post.
    So Padme is furious. I don't blame her at all. Bad and mean Jedi... :mad:
    I'm sure she will find away to meet Anakin, won't she? Please, say yes.
    More soon?
    Lena

6. Dally

Dally Jedi Master star 4

Apr 2, 2001
    Good post! Padme's anger is frightening and believable. She and Anakin have one more thing in common.

7. geo3

geo3 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 29, 2002
    As always, it's great to hear from you all!

Quingauk I'm glad that you are enjoying the story, and I'm happy to keep you posted.

little_Skywalker I don't think the Jedi will let Anakin see anyone right now..Please thank R2 for the up!

Darth_Lex Thank you for your high praise! I think the 'trust your feelings" thing is one to keep your eye on...

aotc02 I think they do, too.

LadyZ Well, you know, all these attachments...sticky stuff for a Jedi...

illuminatrix Why shouldn't Padme get mad, too? I would.

PhoenixMage Or, she needs a new COM link...

Lando_Plenty Oh, dear, yes. I'm afraid so.

Irulan (Do you mind if I just call the Princess by her name?) Some romances just can't be stopped...

JediArwen Let's just say - they will see each other again!

Dally Hopefully they bring out some of each other's good qualities as well...

As promised, here is a little preview of Chapter 3...

When he heard Anakin?s name Poulan almost fell off his cot. There was only one Anakin in the Temple. It couldn?t be anyone else. Master Yoda?s next words startled him even more.

?Better it is, that he has no contact at all with you or with anyone else from outside the Temple. Sorry for you I am, but the gift we cannot allow.?

Poulan could feel the sadness rolling off the beautiful Lady in waves.

?I understand, Master Yoda. But the little girl will be terribly disappointed.? Poulan thought that the Lady was pretty disappointed, too. He was captivated by the mystery that was unfolding before him. Who was she? A Senator? And what did she have to do with Anakin? And why wasn?t he allowed to see anyone? Especially her?

Poulan rapidly sorted through all the rumors he had ever heard about Anakin?s disgrace. By the time he finished, his idolization of Anakin had turned into worship.

8. aotc02

aotc02 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 17, 2002
    A teaser! That just makes me want the post even more!

9. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    I am Sooo behind in my commentareis that many people already cover what I want to say... I wonder, does Padme' recognize the changes in herself.... (Maybe she puts it down to PJS? Putting up with Jedi ****)

10. geo3

geo3 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 29, 2002
    aotc02 Your wish is my command!

DB[ PJS??? That's a good one. Likely to become a standard in the language around here....

So, on to Chapter 3 and more angst in the Temple.....

Chapter 3. The Turning Point

Over time Anakin got used to the whispers behind his back. He learned to ignore the conversations that suddenly would stop when he approached, or the surreptitious glances he got from even the smallest Padawans. He didn?t even mind the social isolation. He didn?t much want to talk to anyone anyway. Anakin wondered sometimes what exactly people had been told about him, or what the rumors were, but didn?t make the effort to find out. If he did it would look like he cared.

Master Obi-Wan had set up a monstrous training schedule that didn?t leave much time to think about anything else. Since he still was unable to use the Force, all of Anakin?s work was aimed at rehabilitating a body that was weak, resistant, and ached all the time. Every movement was an almighty battle against gravity and pain and inner resistance, and victories were at best small and seemed to come grudgingly. Even meditation had to be approached in a completely new and horribly tedious way.

His training sessions didn?t look anything like those of the others in the Temple. The classic Jedi exercises that were designed to coordinate mind and body through use of the Force, the ones that he had mastered with such ease before, were beyond him. Even the smallest Padawans could carry out movements at a speed that Anakin could only dream about now. He had to be content with the kind of training that built muscle and sinew and skill alone.

In relatively short order Anakin found himself modifying the exercises given to him by Obi-Wan to suit his own needs. His former Master was an outstanding trainer for Jedi, but it was clear to Anakin that he had no idea what to do with a body that could not channel the Force. He probably couldn?t even imagine what that was like. Through experimentation Anakin discovered that since speed was beyond him he needed to go the other way and slow down his movements drastically in order to re-learn the control and balance that had been his birthright. In time he developed a unique method of carrying out the basic Forms that involved going through the movements infinitely slowly but with an absolutely steady rhythm. His heart, which by now had settled back into a strong, steady beat, became his metronome.

Anakin kept to himself and spoke to others only rarely. His aloofness, together with the aura of shame and wildly rumored transgressions that followed him everywhere made him an object of intense curiosity wherever he showed up.

Anakin used any of the training rooms that were available, fitting himself around the classes and group work of others, and working alone either in an empty room or in a corner out of the way. He knew that annoyed Masters often had to redirect the attention of a group of Padawans away from his tall figure as he carried out his graceful, perfectly controlled and never-before-seen movements. He was not aware of the number of times his work became a subject for discussion among the training Masters themselves.

Anakin was tackling a slow-motion version of one of the standard saber forms when young voices behind him indicated that a group had just entered the training room. He had his back to the door and ignored them, needing all of his concentration to keep his protesting muscles from speeding up his movements. Out of the corner of his eye he noticed that a teenaged Padawan was imitating him and trying to do the same exercise, and finding it very hard. Another one joined him. Then another one joined her. Anakin did not stop for a moment so he could not see that over time the entire group had begun to imitate his triple-slow-motion movements amid giggles and the odd thump and the occasional muttered, ?This is harder than it looks.? He just kept going at approximately the speed at which the sun rises, the sweat pouring off his body from the effort, until

11. Darth_Lex

Darth_Lex Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2002
    Hee hee! The Jedi just keep screwing up -- first let's make him a pariah, then lets make him do tremendous physical exercise so he's really strong and powerful even without the Force. This is a good idea how, exactly? :p [face_laugh] And he can go see Yoda when he's "ready" to learn the Force again? Gee, guys, wonder what might have made him be ready? Something about Padme? No wonder Sidious beat these chumps so easily -- they're blind! [face_devil]

I'm glad Padme trusted her feelings (again!) and it worked out. Poulan seems like a good kid; too bad the Jedi will mess with his head... His boldness was great -- perhaps he thought about his idol for inspiration? ;)

The imagery of Anakin's rage is very chilling. Almost foresight... :_|

Poulan suddenly thought he had better go, too, before he got questioned by people who were bigger and more powerful than he was.
    To me this captures the entire spirit of the Temple in this chapter. The Jedi are not so unusual and special after all -- they have rumors, and gossip, and skullduggery, and sometimes intimidation. Of course the Masters wouldn't see it that way -- but we do. Fascinating! :D :D

12. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    It looks like Poulan is a founder of the Anakin Skywalker fan club...

What a lovely chapter Geo... but I would expect nothing less from you.

[face_love]

13. aotc02

aotc02 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 17, 2002
    Wow, amazing post! I'm really liking this Poulan Brith kid, he is not blinded like the other Jedi. He understands that 'the Lady' probably means a lot to Anakin and he means a lot to her.

Obi-Wan's reaction to Anakin demanding to learn the force again was kind of amusing when you compared it with Anakin's anger.

14. Lando_Plenty

Lando_Plenty Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 13, 2002
    A new character! I really like this guy. He brings fresh air into the story, and he offers a very cool perspective.

Yoda to train Anakin..So cool to see. I'm hoping that these two have at least one scene together in the next film. Interested to see where this is going.

15. illuminatrix

illuminatrix Jedi Master star 1

Oct 17, 2002
    Another brilliant chapter!

Poulan is lovely. What he does for Ani and Padme is so sweet, he seems such a likable lad. And we see the Jedi messing up AGAIN due to their traditions...
    They're not listening to Qui - that bloke knows what he's talking about.

Obi, you really should have a talk with Ani, not as a master, but as a friend. Not gonna happen though, is it...?

It could all be so easily fixed, and yet - sigh. I just know I'm gonna be tearing my hair out and shouting at the Jedi Council...

Not that I dislike this fic, though - I'm just getting very emotionally involved. :_|You've given characters we care about!

Up, please!

16. Jedi-Roxy

Jedi-Roxy Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 13, 2002
    Oooh! Ani's getting demanding now. How sweet of Bale to send poor Ani a present. Great post.

Cheers,

Roxy

17. little_Skywalker

little_Skywalker Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 21, 2002
    lovely post! :)

Poulan just did what he thought was right and has now put himself at the top of Anakins good graces.

wise lad, very wise lad.

more soon?

18. LadyZ

LadyZ Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 16, 2000
    Ah, he gave it up for Padmé, now he wants it back... for Padmé... :) Great job!!

Me too, I like the new character!!! :D

19. thebadge

thebadge Jedi Master star 4

Mar 15, 2002
    this is a great story

20. Breanna_Irulan_Ember

Oct 11, 2002
    aw...this is so cute! I love how it's going! I hope Anakin can learn to use the Force again soon.

21. PhoenixMage

PhoenixMage Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 6, 2002
    Anakin seem very, very angry. He and Padme should go to anger mangement together ;) . I think it would be good for both of them.
    I like Poulan. He's cool :cool: .

22. starwoid

starwoid Jedi Youngling star 2

May 26, 2002
    Wonderful post. I love how Anakin is so determined in everything he does - if he doesn't have the Force, he'll compensate for it, if he doesn't have Padme, he'll do whatever he can to get her.

[toddler voice] I WANT ANAKIN AND PADME TO GET BACK TOGETHER!!! [/toddler voice]

OK. Now that I've got that off my chest, I'll read your post again. ;)

starwoid

23. geo3

geo3 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 29, 2002
    Wow, lots of people to respond to!!!

I'm glad you like young Poulan Brith. I do, too.

Darth_Lex Actually, if we were the Jedi Council, what would we do differently with Anakin at this point? Lacking our prescience as Star Wars fans, I mean. He has definitely handed them a bunch of problems.

DarthBreezy Thank you! And thanks for checking in.

aotc02 Poor Obi-Wan has been through it all with Anakin by now.

Lando_Plenty A scene between Yoda and Anakin in the next film - that would be great!

illuminatrix I'm flattered that you are emotionally involved, but I think you should fasten your seatbelt.

Jedi_Roxy Thanks, Roxy!

litle_Skywalker More soon. Yes.

LadyZ Thank you! Poor Anakin never a moment's peace.

thebadge Welcome! I'm glad you're enjoying the story.

Irulan It's a pretty good bet he will...

PhoenixMage It's a tough situation, and very frustrating for both of them...

starwoid OK - because it's Valentine's Day, here's a special spoiler for your inner toddler: Heads up on Chapter 5!

And, as has become my habit, here is a little teaser for Chapter 4:

Obi-Wan?s destination, to Anakin?s surprise, was a neighboring training room. Obi-Wan shut the door of the room and then locked it. Then he went over to the weapons locker and opened it.

?Pick your weapon, Anakin,? he said. ?Anything you?re comfortable with.?

Anakin hesitated. He hadn?t done any weapons training since his return. Light sabers were out of the question since they required Force involvement and speed. It would have to be something heavy, and clumsy, and dead. Like himself. He finally reached for a staff. It didn?t really matter what he chose.

Obi-Wan selected a similar staff and closed the locker.

?Now,? he said. ?If a fight is what you want, a fight you will get.?

24. Breanna_Irulan_Ember

Oct 11, 2002
    ::frowns:: Scary. I hope Ani doesn't lose his temper. I LOVE that Aragorn/Arwen icon! Ok, sorry to get off topic, I'm a die-hard Lord of the Rings fan.

25. ami-padme

ami-padme Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 19, 1999
    Looking forward to more! :)